Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    I guess that means after cata, no more "Stood in the fire" achievement. >
    On and off subject note I got that Feat the other day while standing in a zone waiting for ore nodes to respawn (Twilight Highlands I think) no Deathwing, no dark sky, did not die. Just got the Feat of Strength. I have no idea what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    I'm all for a legendary agil melee weapon, but for rogues only sounds really dumb...they've had lots already, and more importantly, I bet tons of very good 10 man guilds don't even have a rogue.
    Did you ever stop and think "Oh, maybe that is why they are doing it!"

Rogues are the least desirable class at the moment (particularly in a 10man environment), blizzard are taking the lazy approach of "Well, if we can't fix the class to be as homogenized as the other classes, we will just boost it with a legendary for a tier and hopefully fix it in the next expansion."

Rogues vs Other Melee classes

Paladins
    LoH
    Salvation
    Bubble

DKs
    Bres
    Army of the Dead (to some extent utility)
    AM Zone (not your usual PvE Spec I know but it is still available)

Warriors
    Raidwide +20% HP Shout

Enhance shaman
    Totem buffs
    Self Res

Feral Druids
    Bres

Rogues
    Tricks of the Trade (Agro changes make a lot less necessary and now just a flat out DPS boost to your Favourite member of the raid)

You also had one in BC. And oh look, it has a way better droprate than the warglaives too! Would'ya look at that? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Zik3l View Post
    Did you ever stop and think "Oh, maybe that is why they are doing it!" Rogues are the least desirable class at the moment (particularly in a 10man environment), blizzard are taking the lazy approach of "Well, if we can't fix the class to be as homogenized as the other classes, we will just boost it with a legendary for a tier and hopefully fix it in the next expansion."

Paladins
    LoH
    Salvation
    Bubble

DKs
    Bres
    Army of the Dead (to some extent utility)
    AM Zone (not your usual PvE Spec I know but it is still available)

Warriors
    Raidwide +20% HP Shout

Enhance shaman
    Totem buffs
    Self Res

Feral Druids
    Bres

Rogues
    Tricks of the Trade (Agro changes make a lot less necessary and now just a flat out DPS boost to your Favourite member of the raid)
    Rogues also have CC but I get your point, that being said Blizzard has said I don't know how many times they are against inventing gimmicks to encourage class growth. I doubt they are doing it to make Rogues feel special, and I sincerely doubt they believe enough people will reroll rogue just to try for a legendary they probably won't get. Even if 3-5 people in the top 50 guilds in the world rolled Rogue that's 200 people. The class imbalance is way more than that lol. There is probably some stupid in house reason for making it a Rogue weapon (if this is even real) but I doubt it's for class balance.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalOS View Post
    yeah cause warglaives weren't clearly aimed at rogues. you can argue warriors used em too but honestly what guilds gave it to a warrior over a rogue back in TBC? during a time when hybrids did crap tons less dps then pures. That was essencially a rogue only legendary unless you were in a guild where for some strange reason had no rogues, or had drops out the ass.

first legendary was for tanks? what the one that only one person in world got to keep cause it was accidentally left in the game?

Also shadowmourn doesn't count as a legendary cause blood DKs got to use it. that's just their gimmik that they use dps 2 handers.

Way i see it

tanks, enhance shaman, and feral druids are do. if anything thse are 3 that have gotten no love.
    bullshit shadowmourne doesn't count. Warriors have gotten a legendary every expansion besides Cataclysm

With this, I feel confident in saying that Blizzard's target audience has changed from a "gamer" type audience to an iPhone game user or "pop gamer" audience. It's not unreasonable, I mean, they are a business. Profit, right? I can't really "blame" them, but it is disappointing for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    "raid finder" bout time....

and for the dagger meh i never got any of the other legendaries + itll be useless past 4.3 so who the hell cares

shame bout never getting bbq'd by deathwing tho

oh and for most of the raids ive been in rogues were always in the 1st 5 to die 1st and for those that dont they do devent dmg but other than that keep it to pvp pls

The bright side of this toast: Rogues get a weapon they can use.The darkened side: The only thing that will match it is Thunderfury, and that can't be transmogged.The darker side: You can't transmog your other dagger to look like the legendary either.Blizz, you dun goofed.

While I'll be more than happy to farm the dagger on my rogue, would have been cool if they had made something for all agility toons. A dragon soul trinket would have been cool. I know they want the weapon for the visual but a trinket would have fit the lore and they could have added some bad ass visual to your toon when you equipped it.

In terms of Legendary in general, the whole "weapon only" strategy doesn't work any more because they can't open it up to some classes with out breaking the game, so a lot of toons get left out in the dust. I think a switch to a trinket style with bad ass visual on equip would be better than a weapon for tanks and feral druid/ele shammys.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    ...and we DKs end an expansion with no proper love, only hate from the community thanks to Blizzard's epic idiocity, might aswell quit the game... To be more accurate, we have been literally begging for some class fixes since beta which Blizzard totally ignored and kept breaking our class while patching with further unbalancing, we are subpar in raids and PvP, and broken in many of our aspects, yet even though how mages, rogues and such classes faceroll both these aspects, we still get to be the most hated, with not getting a legendary(I've been a DW DK since 3.2 and been forced to go to 2H, yet I'm still DW and only legendary we've got are some RNG drop glaives from content when we didn't even exist) if tier 13 is as irrelevant as our t12(let alone its bug look rather than the supposed "elementium dragon"), my 13€/month being cut will be the first of many.
    As a fellow Death Knight, I will tell you to kindly STFU and leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I want to know is this, will attending 'Easy Random-Raids' kill your lock out for the week? It seems like a fun way to waste time but... If it's that or just raiding with your guild then well sod that...

If it's not fake... it has to be a conspiracy to make people roll rogues again. /tinfoil hat off

There is no way that the Legendary will be Melee equippable, with the exception of Enhance Shamans.

Rogues have had Thunderfury and Warglaves, both useable and available to Warriors as well as Shadowmourne which DKs and Ret's had access to. With the exception of Thunderfury the previous mentioned weapons were class exclusive.

The Legendary -will- be a Bow. Unless Blizzard is fucking up and fucking up hard.

*to quote a Chapelle Show episode; 'Man, Blizzard is fucking up!'

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    ...and we DKs end an expansion with no proper love, only hate from the community thanks to Blizzard's epic idiocity, might aswell quit the game... To be more accurate, we have been literally begging for some class fixes since beta which Blizzard totally ignored and kept breaking our class while patching with further unbalancing, we are subpar in raids and PvP, and broken in many of our aspects, yet even though how mages, rogues and such classes faceroll both these aspects, we still get to be the most hated, with not getting a legendary(I've been a DW DK since 3.2 and been forced to go to 2H, yet I'm still DW and only legendary we've got are some RNG drop glaives from content when we didn't even exist) if tier 13 is as irrelevant as our t12(let alone its bug look rather than the supposed "elementium dragon"), my 13€/month being cut will be the first of many.
    Honestly I think you're probably just bad at being a Deathknight. I destroy DPS charts in Heroics/Raids/PvP (And I PvP as a tank) All the best Arena Teams have a DK in their comp and it's been that way since DK's came out. I can Solo just about anything pre-cata. It literally takes an entire team to take me down in BG's and our class has everything I'd want from it. A pet-assisted sustained easy damage spec, a control oriented proc based two-weapon pvp/pve spec, and a tank spec that literally heals it self. Not to mention useful cool-downs, raid-wide buffs in every spec, and unique spells and a battle res. Honestly like I can think of a couple things I'd like to see but what more could you possibly demand. The only thing that bothers me is when a mage tops me on damage and "Arcane Blast" is 95% of his damage. I have to hit way to many buttons to be ok with one dude spamming a single button and destroying me on DPS (that only ever happens in FL though)

My rogue will fuck u all in the ass

You people never learn, no, really. Time and time again Boub' has proven himself and yet every major post he makes about news related material half of you trolls contest him. It get tiering to read the same nonsense after the 50th time. Good news post.

Deleted
    Besides the rogue legendary which isnt so interesting, i find that blizzard actually listened this time and making raids for newbies so they can get introduced to the raid.Without getting achievements ands such, so the special snowflakes and relax.

Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post
    The Legendary -will- be a Bow.'
    Really? You think they will make another bow? If it is a ranged I seriously doubt it will be a bow. A gun maybe and that's a heavy maybe. I sincerely doubt it will be a ranged anyway. A bow was released 2 expansions ago. It took them 3 expansions to copy a staff and that legendary isn't even obtainable anymore and they even said the only reason they were comfortable making a staff is because the other one is no longer obtainable.

There needs to be a shield.

Swords - Thunderfury, Warglaive
    Axes - Shadowmourne
    Maces - Sulfuras, Val'anyr
    Staves - Atiesh, Dragonwrath
    Bow - Thori'dal

Leftovers? Shields, Daggers, Guns

I doubt they're doing an Axe or Bow and a gun is probably basically a bow to them so I'm betting dagger, a shield would have been better, but Blizzard never makes sense. Have you looked at 95% of the spell icons? Almost none of them make sense. The only one I can think of that even resembles the spell it casts is Deathgrip that and 60%ish of the melee abilities because they are all some variation of a sword or axe with glowy ish around it (even rogue dagger abilities often depict swords)
    Last edited by SpartanG01; 2011-09-14 at 03:32 AM.

Deleted
    can people stop bitching about the legendary and actually see that Blizzard did what 80% of the population asked for and that is a mode for raids that is easier, and you dont get same loot and achievements???And the fact that is only 25 man is very nice since it will be pretty fun to just jump into a 25 man raid for fun, even if its fail group.