Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I am a bit at a loss here... It was stated before that there most likely won't be a tanking legendary, due to the problems of making it for all four tanking classes and still keeping it "tanking". And here Ghostcrawler says something different... I am aware that there might be a feral staff that might be perfectly usable by druid tanks just like Shadowmourne was perfectly usable by death knight tanks. It just happens to work that way. However, paladin and warrior tanks need especially tailored tanking onehanders, the rest is simply out of the question. Making such a tanking weapon just for two specs - and leaving other tanks out - is simply not an option; you don't want to make "some" tanks better than others since that would cause a disbalance among player admition to raid groups, especially the top ones. Now, I accept the fact that I will never have a legendary tanking weapon, due to the stated above, but, could GC at least not give hopes up of those who have yet realise there are none? There. Got this off my chest. Move along, nothing to see here...

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I'd like to see your objective statistics proving the bolded parts please. I know, personally, I read all the new quests and enjoyed the lore.

See, the problem with taking your OPINION and presenting it as fact is that it fails this easily.

My only argument was that from an objectively numbers-based point of view, Cataclysm has more content than any other Expansion. Disregard 3000 quests all you want, they're still all new. This whole 'Zomg it's revamped' nonsense is just a red herring people use to bash something that is just not true.

The fail of this post is astounding.
    Oh and why is that ?
    Because it's true ? unless your not using any bonus % xp not doing any dungeons not doing any pvp not having a guild and killing only what has to be killed you'll still only have to do half of that.

I mean what people on the world did actually complete those 3000 quests ?
    It's like when raids was only for 0.1% of the wow population, but i guess if that had been the case this xpack that wouldn't have counted as content for you am I right ?

Think before you write about failing. Content is supposed to be accesible and fun for the majority of the wow population and I think only a minority of wow player's acctually completed all those revamped quests.

sounds good to me haha

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so excited for LFR. Sounds like the loot is right where it needs to be (Weaker than the other raids, slightly above 5 mans, no legendaries. Sound perfect). Finally, I don't have to quit my job to experience it all.

How did the team decide to make a Rogue weapon rather than a tanking weapon for this legendary?Ghostcrawler: ...One of the problems with tanking weapons is that our tanks use very different weapons so we could say “Well this legendary weapon is going to be for the Warrior and Paladin and hopefully we’ll get to the Death Knight and Druid someday in the future”. With all the talk about a legendary weapon that transforms “you could have a 2-handed version or a 1-handed version”, too much of that I think starts to suck away what is really special about the legendary when it can turn into all these different things.
    Maybe this whole "a specific class gets a legendary" would have been great in wrath where 25 mans were more common and carrying a rogue wouldn't be a big deal. Class specific during Cata just causes problems for guilds running without a rogue. Then guild perks such as achievements and pets are tied to it. They don't have problems with having a legendary adjust for each rogue spec but not adjustments for a broader spectrum of classes for a tanking weapon. I am not sold on the game philosophy regarding the legendary especially when you can dig up their statements about not wanting to go class specific with legendaries. Oh well, the rest seems like a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What is with everyone hating on Blizz with 4.3? Really, grow up. They know what they're doing; it's how they've stayed in business. I'm looking forward to this patch unlike the bickering numbskulls who just keep saying "FUCK BLIZZ YOU'RE DOING EVERYTHING WRONG". If you can do their job better, by all means prove it to us. Until then at least appreciate the work they do instead of hating on it.
    Actually is more likely that the other companies don't know what they're doing. Every game out there that tried to remove WoW from the number 1 spot had so many critical flaws that... well... showed that Blizzard got lucky after they started to just "spend less and earn more" (a.k.a Activision bought Blizzard) with WoW, because some of those games really had everything on it to beat the crap out of WoW on paper but poorly execution/bad decisions killed them.

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    I am so excited for LFR. Sounds like the loot is right where it needs to be (Weaker than the other raids, slightly above 5 mans, no legendaries. Sound perfect). Finally, I don't have to quit my job to experience it all.
    Because normal mode and hard mode takes more time?.. what!! If you are skilled enough you can do hard modes as easely as LFR easy mode. Since when does hard = how much time you spend in the game?

Timewise there is no def. between hard and easy, only the skills required to overcome the challange.

So by your defenition, casual (thats what you call yourself in your sig) = bad at the game. Sorry to burst your buble, but casuals can be just as skilled as dedicated raiders.
    Last edited by Belial; 2011-09-19 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyx View Post
    It's stupid since in cataclysm, elemental based expansion, elemental masters, shamans got nothing interesting :> I was rly thinking that last legendar in this expansion will be for shamans who plays important role in cataclysm :>
    Your legendary experience in Cata is being an important role lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Alright, I am a bit at a loss here... It was stated before that there most likely won't be a tanking legendary, due to the problems of making it for all four tanking classes and still keeping it "tanking". And here Ghostcrawler says something different... I am aware that there might be a feral staff that might be perfectly usable by druid tanks just like Shadowmourne was perfectly usable by death knight tanks. It just happens to work that way. However, paladin and warrior tanks need especially tailored tanking onehanders, the rest is simply out of the question. Making such a tanking weapon just for two specs - and leaving other tanks out - is simply not an option; you don't want to make "some" tanks better than others since that would cause a disbalance among player admition to raid groups, especially the top ones. Now, I accept the fact that I will never have a legendary tanking weapon, due to the stated above, but, could GC at least not give hopes up of those who have yet realise there are none? There. Got this off my chest. Move along, nothing to see here...
    By Ghostcrawlers explanation, it also demeans the meaning of "Legendary" when it has multiple forms. Therefore tanks will never EVER having a tanking legendary. We go from "Tank are not popular enough to be rewarded with a Legendary", "Would be difficult to balance a legendary between each tank.", to "Tanks would demean the term Legendary."

Any idea if the new 5 mans will have normal versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ukerric View Post
    Curious. Ghostcrawler talks about how player participation is typically low during summer, but the known 1 million player loss happened before (550k over Q1, 450k over Q2 2011). So, does this means WoW hemorrhaged even more during july?
    Worse than that, they know this, but don't understand why progression started slower in T12 than T11, so they need to nerf everything after 2 months, because the problem is not summer anymore.

Go figure this changing logic...

---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by psyxe View Post
    Let's see now... here's a list of legendary items that were designed for use by certain classes at that period of current content, There will be some QQ about paladins and thunderfury but it was normal to see paladins running around with brutality blade... they DID have a spec for it, even if it wasn't great, Hunters were also on the list for thunderfury but only as a stat stick... we didn't have the spec or any real reason to hold it.. Paladin - Hammer of Rag, Thunderfury, Val'anyr, Shadowmourne Death Knight - Shadowmourne (they can get past ones, but they're only an expansion old... saying they deserve another one already would be silly) Mage - Atiesh, Dragonwrath Warlock - Atiesh, Dragonwrath Druid - Atiesh, Dragonwrath, Hammer of Rag, Val'anyr Shaman - Hammer of Rag, Val'anyr, Dragonwrath Warriors - Hammer of Rag, Thunderfury, 2x Warblades, Shadowmourne, Thori'dal Rogue - Thunderfury, 2x Warglaives, Thori'dal (Yes, it was very common to see a rogue or warrior with it, as it was a rare drop and hunters weren't always brought in) Hunter - Thori'dal, Thunderfury (as above, only because we were on the list to be able to equip it) Hunters had a bow that was a rare drop, off a boss unkillable by 90% of raiders at the time, with an ability to generate it's own ammo, which was amazing until that whole 'feature' was removed a few pathes later Rogues have had access to legendaries that made them gods, feared by fellow raiders or enemies in a bg, and yes, Warglaives were a rare drop, but you can't really put much of a quest line to them... they were held by illidan and dropped by illidan, they had enough lore behind them as well... Thori'dal was just a spur of the moment item to keep people happy in a last ditch effort raid to keep people playing before an expansion also to feral druids, YES, poor you... you don't have a legendary for your specific spec... you play a class that can do all 4 roles effectively, and have 4 legendaries DESIGNED for your class, You had the option to hit the respec button and be useful, you could even use your cat gear in bear or healing gear as a boomkin until you fixed bits and pieces of gear, Hunters have 3 ranged DPS specs.. rerolling an entire class isn't as easy as that and watch all of the children here argue "OMG EVERYTHING HUNTARD ITEM"... that was a joke... a meme... It's bad enough hunters are still not at the top of the needs list for a fight that requires some special element like an interrupt... or fights that require stacking (you seem to have fixed the hit box on some fights, at the cost of my pet running off into lava or standing there doing nothing. sincerely, VeryJelly hunter
    Counting Bow as Rogue/Warrior weapon is as stupid as counting Thunderfury as hunter weapon (and why not as any class that can equip it? They'll get the Feat for it for example, put it as mage weapon, etc. it's as useless as hunter weapon).

The fact is they stated no more one-class only legendary, yet, they decided to do it and to a point where they will make a spec that don't go well with daggers work perfectly with it.

The only thing about all this is that only casters dps got legendaries that had something cool in it to keep it from just going to the bank as soon as they drop a higher ilvl weapon in the next tier. LoL. Atiesh could take your group to... guess what, the most played raid on the next xpac. Dragonwrath transforms the owner into a cool flying mount.

"But Shadowmourne gave you..." yes, right, gave you bind on use items. Let's not talk about what you/your guild decided what to do with the items, still the legendary itself just went to the bank and has no nice use out of it after it's tier and level.

Quote Originally Posted by retpally View Post
    Ret has been "feeling a little bit not special" this entire expansion. Where's my goddamn ret legendary GC?
    You might want to take a look at WOTLK...

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Because normal mode and hard mode takes more time?.. what!! If you are skilled enough you can do hard modes as easely as LFR easy mode. Since when does hard = how much time you spend in the game?

Timewise there is no def. between hard and easy, only the skills required to overcome the challange.

So by your defenition, casual (thats what you call yourself in your sig) = bad at the game. Sorry to burst your buble, but casuals can be just as skilled as dedicated raiders.
    I fail to see what about LFR you're complaining about here! Possibly something you might've asked for for a long time UNTIL you actually GET it?
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Quote Originally Posted by ;
    The new legendaries are two daggers (main hand and offhand) that are only usable by all three Rogue specs. Combat Rogues will be made to use these daggers as well without a DPS loss. The questline will revolve around the pure black dragon (from the egg in the Badlands) and features several Rogue-centric elements.
    Seriously +points for remembering one of the saddest quests in the game and actually building on it.http://www.wowhead.com/item=63194#reward-from-q

camping The black dragon prince NOW!
    Cry all you want it doesn't matter any more you wont change the fact, at least those who qq got to play more than one spec rather than just one spec AND compete with their dps with the actual pure dps class lol.
    Last edited by Shemmari; 2011-09-19 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    You might want to take a look at WOTLK...
    Someone will just say Shadowmourne doesn't count because blood DKs were using it.

Ok this game sux even more now!!! Rogues had their legendary in TBC, so did hunters. After 6 years i'm thinking of giving my account away...

Quote Originally Posted by Poysonivy View Post
    Well I know at least one rogue who will be very happy. And not only because he became a daddy this week.
    Ha I cannot wait for diablo 3 to finally release. This game has gone so far downhill. A legendary for a single class??? What a fucking joke.

These comments were not what I was expecting after reading that awesome preview. I've read through a few pages and I still can't figure out what everyone is whining about. As far as I can tell, people seem to be upset that Blizzard isn't adding legendaries for every class in this patch. They are also frothing mad about the Raid Finder, and how the dirty casuals will be able to see the raid content at a lower difficulty, even though this isn't going to affect them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    I fail to see what about LFR you're complaining about here! Possibly something you might've asked for for a long time UNTIL you actually GET it?
    First of all I'm not complaining about anything. I'm simply stading the fact that time used ingame has absolutly nothing to do with how skilled you are as a player, and that the easy mode of LFR takes just as long to complete timewise as the Hard mode version. The ladder just require more skill. Second, I was never one of those who asked for this feature.
    Last edited by Belial; 2011-09-19 at 12:13 PM.