Lightbulb "Spell Use Hint" an add-on

I've been working for some time on an add-on "Spell Use Hint" (originally was "WarrHS", available on curse.com atm)
    it was mainly to help warriors dump excess rage making "Heroic Strike" glow, later updated to make the spell u want glow, and recently to make whatever spell u want to glow in different cases like: player or target have a buff or debuff, or energy higher or less than a number.

for me its pretty handy (as a warrior) and already have some stuff that I think should be useful for a few other classes (spell steal for a mage or tranq-shot/sooth when target has enrage ... stuff like that)
    but i need more thoughts from you folks to help make this more generic and as useful as possible for different classes.

(it makes ur action-bar button glow with the original effect, same as the one you see when you get a proc)

looking forward to hear (actually read :P) your thoughts abt this.
    Last edited by Waheiba; 2011-09-22 at 04:16 PM.

You can get almost the same effect using PowA + PowA:Buttons

You can take a look at conditions in PowA, since it covers most of cases needed by players. Also make glowing of items dragged to bar, and macros those are big ones features.

Anyway I like your idea, now I'm using buttons but they require to have transparent/disabled auras to work, so your addon may be savior.

Would be also nice to have some priority system in those alerts like I have:
    Alert1 for some buff
    Alert2 for some debuff
    Alert3, but show it only if Alert1 and Alert2 are active.

It is possible in Powa but you need to chain auras which can be painful.
    Last edited by Mordret; 2011-09-22 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

My idea was actually derived from "Power Auras" and I use it myself (but since I'm a lazy person and prefer some code to do the thinking for me :P ) I intended to do something to be less scattered on my display (less textures floating around)
    and yeah PowA:Buttons can do the same EXACTLY except its a bit more complicated to be used for some.

the conditions in "Powa" aren't all applicable and would be really handy for my add-on. its like .... I can keep coding for like forever adding conditions, but only half of that would be used. "powa" is very handy when u need to know when to do something that is not cast a spell straight away. know what i mean ?
    Last edited by Waheiba; 2011-09-22 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waheiba View Post
    My idea was actually derived from "Power Auras" and I use it myself (but since I'm a lazy person and prefer some code to do the thinking for me :P ) I intended to do something to be less scattered on my display (less textures floating around)
    and yeah PowA:Buttons can do the same EXACTLY except its a bit more complicated to be used for some.

the conditions in "Powa" aren't all applicable and would be really handy for my add-on. its like .... I can keep coding for like forever adding conditions, but only half of that would be used. "powa" is very handy when u need to know when to do something that is not cast a spell straight away. know what i mean ?
    Of course, and since most of my auras are like "CAST SPELL NAO!", it would be nice to have something lightweight to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."