Transmogrifying legendary items.

So up to this point its obvious through various blue posts legendary items will not be available for Xmugging upon the patches release (At least as it currently stands).

This brings be to my two part question.

1. Will legendary items become Xmuggable in future patches, perhaps when a more in depth item customization feature is released?

If not then,

2. Will you ever consider doing something else to legendary items? For example, instead of Transmogrifying the item. One could scale it up by doing a quest every new tier.

"The quest could have you gather 10 new reagents and kill the end boss of that tier."

Example, ten chaos orbs and a Neff Cho'gal and Alakir kill would scale a legendary to item level 359.

Thoughts? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3229035503#1 <- official forum link.

---------- Post added 2011-09-24 at 01:22 AM ----------

Note, that it was written as a question on the official forums, general ideas easy to get though.

Scaling legendarys is a really bad idea. really really bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should adress this issue to Blizzard official forums. But i got to say it made me sad.

Blizz has said before (numerous times) they don't want to have Legendaries scale... so that's out of the question.

They've also said in one of the transmog posts that Legendaries will remain a unique art design, and un-moggable.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand not wanting people to change the look of the legendaries, but I strongly believe that if you go to the work of GETTING a legendary, you should be allowed to transmog your other weapons into that legendary.

Mostly cause its sad when an expansion ends and your legendary is henseforth useless, banished to the depths of your bank never to be used in combat again.

Agree entirely. I mean Quel'delar is moggable, and its arguably as hard to get as Sulfuras. RNG and so on. Yet its moggable so its "scaleable". I think what this is, is yet another stupid decision that reeks of Tigole's elitism. He and Greg Street are cancers on this game and when both are fired the game will be better for it.

It doesnt matter what Blizzard wants. That is and always has been secondary. If the paying customer wants it, and they ignore it they will pay at their peril in the form of cancelled subs. Thats all that ultimately matters when all is said and done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Scaling legendarys is a really bad idea. really really bad idea.
    Agreed, it's most likely the worst idea I've ever heard. (When it comes to WoW that is)

Then everyone would be running around with legendary items pretty much, not very legendary anymore then.

I'm torn on this issue because when a legendary loses its relevancy by either patch or expansion, it becomes an RP or screenshot item only. This is sad due to the amount of work put into getting them. From Blizzard's standpoint, it kind of sucks for them in a way because this unique item is never used again in a meaningful way.

On the other hand, I totally see where Blizzard is coming from about not wanting legendaries to scale because you would never need another weapon again.

I really think that they have done the right thing here with this policy. It kind of sucks, but what can you do? There are plenty of sweet-ass weapons that are not legendary to choose from and I'll take that.
    Opulence. I has it.

Legendary are legendary and that's the way it should stay. Glad Blizz is smart enough to do this.