Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you want to spam two buttons, go roll an arcane mage. MS spam will never be viable, so sad.

I love the bonuses... But I sense a massive nerf, specially on the 4 piece bonus
    Last edited by Neliah; 2011-09-25 at 08:46 AM.

rather have t12 bonuses than the new t13 ones tbh.

The 2p bonus is decent: the removed recoil dmg is a highlight but Id rather that just be implemented through talents and not tier; kind of lame having to hold back on using our execute from time to time.

The t13 4p seems nice but really the last (t12) 4p is better. The real big disappointment of the new 4p comes from viewing other casters' bonuses and seeing all the neat mechanics it adds to their play; meanwhile our bonuses just fix things that we have complained about (execute recoil and orb acquisition rate) instead of offering something new and exciting.

Bonuses are not just about bonus damage or the most boring and fair way to make tier sets would be 2p=2%dmg bonus 4p=4%dmg bonus; bonuses should be more about the mechanic and these shadow bonuses are just not interesting enough especially when compared to other classes.
    Last edited by ziekatron; 2011-09-25 at 09:25 AM.

Deleted
    Well I guess there's a possibility that if you manage to line up shadowfiend with wings then mind spike/mind blast spamming will be the superior. We'll have to wait and see if there's any abilities changed in the next tier, but people wanted mind spike to be involved in the rotation.. and here you go.

The 2 set bonus is quite good. I've been waiting for them to fix that ability for a while now, and our current 2 set bonus is quite lame.

Deleted
    What about showing us our damn set blizz? Damn you slackers!...

Wrong Thread :P

Looks likes they've saved the best teir set bonus for priests for 4.3 i like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really concerned about 2pc set bonus. What will happen with Masochism? Did anyone think about that?

Will we still get mana back from our SW?

There are fights where I heavily relied on Masochism for mana return.

Deleted
    They're a nudge in the right direction. But the fact is, the RNG issue with our Shadow Orbs is not going to be solved with a set bonus which most people will not have an access to for the majority of the patch. Something like this should be worked right into the talent mechanics rather than an item set we're going to use for a couple of months and then discard once the new expansion hits. The two-piece bonus, however, does seem decent enough.

Deleted
    IF the 4set is final, and that's a big IF.

Would we then face a scenario where we would have "burst phases" Where we would do a MS > MS > MB rotation, combined with AA and the fiend? We would ofc have to keep dots up outside those burst phases, but it would put a twist to how we dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    I'm really concerned about 2pc set bonus. What will happen with Masochism? Did anyone think about that?

Will we still get mana back from our SW?

There are fights where I heavily relied on Masochism for mana return.
    Masochism only triggers when you take damage from SW: D or a hit equal to 10% of your HP Masochism
    Last edited by mmoc56ad7363be; 2011-09-25 at 10:46 AM. Reason: added linky

Deleted
    I hate the bonuses.

"Fixing our opener" isn't good enough for me. A tier set shouldn't fix the class. When we drop t13 we will have the same issues again.
    To me SW: D backslash and shadow orbs regen in the start of the fight is our biggest issue. That is something that should be adressed by other means than by a tier set. Not everyone is raiding and getting these tier sets. Should this "fix" be narrowed down to raiders only?
    I'd say this is a lazy "fix" to our class.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Honestly after early gearing stages using sw: d for mana regen doesn't happen much.
    Actually, I'm assigned to the fragment on Ryolith HC and unless I use SWD on low hp target, I really end up mana starving.

And for the fact that those bonus somehow fixe the class, do remember that there should be no other tier in this expansion. The next tier might happens with deep change in the class machanics anyway. And most certainly taking into account our complain.
    Last edited by Mun; 2011-09-25 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    A mindpsike rotation? I doubt it first of all, shadowy apparitions proc on periodic damage, so that would only be when we get shadowfiend up. MB with shadow orbs is also so valuable because u get empowered shadows up, so we wont be using hat in a mindpsike rotation. So his bonus is a huge letdown also the current 4p scales with the buff to mind blast. Hence i feel we will use a fair amount of dps by this "hotfix" 4p bonus. Also as a dps i dont rly care about the small incoming dmg from dw death; obviously on baleroc it would be nice. I feel like our 4p could have been just 2 major glyphs and a 4p bonus and 2p bonus should be more than 2 glyphs.
    Also i think blizz has no idea yet what theyre doing with the bonus, hence the set hasnt been released yet. Personally i would like somthing between the t10 and the mage t13 bonus; could be a less static haste increase, or a haste increase on firing a shadow orb, or during empowered shadows.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaftwig View Post
    IF the 4set is final, and that's a big IF.

Would we then face a scenario where we would have "burst phases" Where we would do a MS > MS > MB rotation, combined with AA and the fiend? We would ofc have to keep dots up outside those burst phases, but it would put a twist to how we dps.

Masochism only triggers when you take damage from SW: D or a hit equal to 10% of your HP Masochism
    "and you no longer take damage from your own Shadow Word: Death when the target fails to die."

So we won't be getting any mana from Masochism. I know how it works that's why I asked.

These set boni fix two of the big QoL issues shadow priests have:
    orbs on demand
    SW backlash
    I like them.

Deleted
    GIMME NAOW! Seriously i love them

After reading some of you guys wondering how our rotation would be like during SF and with/without archangel, so i did some testing.

my MS did on avg 24k dmg with 3 orbs.
    1.17sec cast time.
    48k crits
    my crit chance is 15%, and with 5% from raidbuff i get 20%.
    24k dmg/1.17cast time=20.5k dps (good so far right?)
    20.5*1.20(crit chance)=24.6k dps.
    this is just pure spamming MS! without MB with 3 orbs too

pure MS spam with archangel= 24.6k dps *1.20= 29.5k dps.
    already here, it seems worth it, but lets check once we also get MB into it!
    First we'll need MB numbers!
    26k normal hit (3 stacks) so 52k crit (3 stacks 100% guaranteed with my critchance and 3 MS) (NO BUFFS HERE)

3*29.5+52/(3*1.17+(GCD))=35k dps!
    keep in mind that MB is instant at that point.
    so yes. our rotation at shadowfiend becomes MS-MS-MS-MB-MS-MS-MS-MB. sad thing is that MB got a CD longer then 3 MS, actually close to 6 MS. so above calculation is not correct, but not far off. still above 30k dps for me!

Armory here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Amongo/simple

now imagine a full DS geared spriest with alot more haste, sp and mastery then me. i have no doubt that a paragon spriest could pull 40-45k dps. maybe more with better raid buffs etc, as these calculations were done with no raid/food/flask buffs. (except crit)

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
    If you want to spam two buttons, go roll an arcane mage. MS spam will never be viable, so sad.
    see my post or tell me if its flawed and point out where and why and come with a good reason, no CUS I SAID SO!
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    "and you no longer take damage from your own Shadow Word: Death when the target fails to die."

So we won't be getting any mana from Masochism. I know how it works that's why I asked.

That's why I linked the tool tip, it specifically says that you must take damage. So yeah..

10+ Year Old Account
    -The 4pc would solve the bad rng on pulls so you will have a guaranteed orb that's nice but is pretty much trivializing the orb mechanic, not sure what they thinking to be honest, it's not bad it's just strange.

-The 2pc it's not that exciting they just add another spell to our rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaftwig View Post
    That's why I linked the tool tip, it specifically says that you must take damage. So yeah..
    You still ain't answering anything why you're quoting him?
    He made a valid question, what will happen to Masochism when you have the 2PC since it becomes useless.
    They cannot remove the talent since not everyone will have 2PC neither the T13 2pc will stay forever.

As it is now if you have the 2pc you have to skip Masochism completely so either take phantasm or IPS both useless for PvE.

I don't think they will actually change a whole talent because of a tier bonus so i foresee some kind of glyph tweaking that it's not a good thing either, let's see.

Overall both sets are not bad but to me they seem like lazy fix to something that demands a more thorough fix aka NRG orbs and SW: D backslash.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-09-25 at 11:51 AM.

Well it would have gone nice with the old 4pc set from tier 12 that they didnt use. I think it took 3 secs off MB if you had all 3 dots up. Which in this case would have been real nice hehe. I gotta say though I don't think anyone can really tell how this will turn out. And isnt it still susceptible to change?

Personally I like the bonuses. SW: D goes out on CD anyways so that 55% is going to pretty sweet, especially after the boss drops under 25% hp. The 4pc isnt too bad either, I know people are saying we are losing orbs but, well we are pretty much going to have 3 ALL THE TIME. So we will probably see a bit more damage out of our MB's, because we are pretty much guaranteed 3 orbs every MB CD. How can we not like these changes?