Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not sure why it's only showing 1 iteration on the HTML page. It was set up to do 10000 iterations and took that long to actually process. Let me go back and make sure that there's not something funky going on. Thanks for pointing that out.

**EDIT**

I went back and updated my original post. Nothing changed significantly except for the dps increase it showed was about 800 instead of 1.2k. The relative ratings of haste/mastery/crit didn't change significantly from what I mentioned before. Namely that it seems that with 4pc Mastery becomes more attractive than haste with the BiS gear. (This could change if haste drops below the nearest extra VT tick)
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2011-09-25 at 11:42 PM.

800dps increase from the set bonus?

or is that 800dps increase over the T12 set bonus?

what does the existing T12 set bonus give us?

Feels like more than 800dps?

Maybe I havent paid this much attention in the past, but 800dp out of 32000 for set bonus doesnt seem like very much at all.

Both bonuses are very powerful, I see a lot of people commenting in this who think at least 1 of the two are sub-par or average. Make no mistake, friends, we have some of the best bonuses in this set alone than there are scattered across all classes in all raid tiers. I'm extremely happy with what Blizz added for us, but I fear it's too good, and one will inevitably be nerfed if not both.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    800dps increase from the set bonus?

or is that 800dps increase over the T12 set bonus?

what does the existing T12 set bonus give us?

Feels like more than 800dps?

Maybe I havent paid this much attention in the past, but 800dp out of 32000 for set bonus doesnt seem like very much at all.
    800 DPS increase from just the set bonus. Gear is exactly the same in both cases. Only difference is the 4set. (Have not gotten around to 2set yet)

It is not 800dps increase over the t12 set bonus, just it and of itself. I'm not sure what the current set bonus gives, but I believe it gives slightly more than the new 4set. However, the 2set is a significant increase in t13 as it is designed, so together it is probably stronger than this current tiers. 400dps-1.3kdps is generally the increase of 4sets from what I've seen. You have to keep in mind that it's 800dps purely from the set bonus, and it doesn't take into account any gear upgrades from getting the set bonus.

I hear ya, but stat bonuses will come either way, tier or otherwise. 800dps just seems pretty meager.

whats an average mindblast, 30k? current 4pc gives a 25% boost to that. so like 8k every 6.5sec?

that seems to be some 1500dps right there. cutting shadowfiend cd is even more.

Am I mistaken?

Probably not. I guess the other thing to take into account is that this is in completely unoptimized gear set. I'm not so much concerned with the 800 dps increase but more with the fact that it changes our stat-weights significantly. I did some very brief testing with Mind Spike while archangel and shadowfiend are active, and it does 35k ish during that duration, however the increased mana cost and increased duration on shadow-fiend may not be worth the temporary increase in DPS.. That said, I think it'll be worth it to do it at the beginning of a fight or where heavy burst is required.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the shadow bonuses are probably one of the best of all specs/classes in T13, but that's just my opinion.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    the shadow bonuses are insane, and directly address the two biggest complaints spriests had in the class feedback post, which will be great until the expansion, when blizz can make these changes built into the spells/talents.

funny that people keep saying it seems like the best in all spec, yet... the numbers seem to indicate it sucks.

reading the thread is optional though

I liked our old 2set more with the higher shadowfiend uptime and its increased dmg.

The new 4 set I don't know... The apparitions will sometimes never reach targets in the air negating the effectiveness on some encounters. The old 4ce actually means a higher potential for even bigger mindblast hits. Before we could get 3 orbs and have +25% added to that dmg.

I also liked trying not to make empowered shadows fall off. I didn't like the rng in orbs in the beggining, but after that it was something that made the rotationfun. I'm actually really kind of disappointed, but we'll see.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, got to 8 pages quick and I'm feeling too lazy to read it all.

So with 2 piece, is SWD strong enough to be put into rotation before execute phase?
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

I updated my simcraft with both 2pc and 4pc now, and, from what I'm seeing, above 25% SWD is hitting & critting for about as much as a single tick or crit of Mind Flay would. What I found is that the DPET of Mind Flay is roughly 300 more than that of SWD.

That said, from what I found with the 2 set, it seems to be about a 500-600 DPS increase. (It is hitting for 45k and critting for upwards of 100k.. :O) That said, the more proportion of time you spend sub-25% the more dps you'll get out of it.

So far I like how our 2 and 4pc are turning out

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too early to start simulations, you will only cause confusion, let's leave it to hit the PTR at least before calling priorities and stat-weights in my opinion.

Both bonus seems strange enough to stay as it is from my point of view at least.
    2p - Need to take care of masochism instead of just making it a useless talent and forcing us to put 2 pts in useless PvE-wise talents.
    4p - Need to do something better than making the orbs having a ~100% uptime

Both bonuses are solid and strong but they just don't feel right to me.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-09-26 at 07:37 AM.

Its not just the flat dps though, it basically makes it impossible to go without an orb for an extended period of time. Like atm empowered shadows falls off sometimes, rarely sure but its still a possibility, but with the new 4pc the random dry orb periods are basically gone which i love.

There's been times where theralion's mirror procs and as you know we cant get benefit until we consume an orb, and the entire duration of the trinket has gone before getting an orb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    I just dont think itll work out. just did 1min of a MS/MB rotation and 1 min of a normal rotation.

I did not use shadowfiend or archangel in the rotation. its not relevent to the comparison at this point since it would not favor MS/MB and does get T11 bonus.

I did 16352dps in normal rotation, no cooldowns, no buffs at all, not even Inner fire. and about 12000 for a MS/MB rotation.

Also worth noting, the MS rotation demolished my mana. I planned to do it for 2 min lol, but I went OOM without fiend and archangel and death, or any raid buffs/mana returns.

there will be more to it with the archangel and such, but I dont think itll make up for the loss of dots and flay time to use MS.
    Although I think someone else clarified, I was suggesting the MS/MB spam only whilst the shadowfiend is out. As soon as it vanishes, you'd settle back into your usual rotation. Depending on your mastery levels, orbs can increase the damage of both mindspike and mind blast by a rather nice amount, say 30% increase per orb, 3 orbs up, 90% increase on both mindspikes and mindblasts, the latter is a guaranteed crit pretty much too.

Quote Originally Posted by sickopath View Post
    Although I think someone else clarified, I was suggesting the MS/MB spam only whilst the shadowfiend is out. As soon as it vanishes, you'd settle back into your usual rotation. Depending on your mastery levels, orbs can increase the damage of both mindspike and mind blast by a rather nice amount, say 30% increase per orb, 3 orbs up, 90% increase on both mindspikes and mindblasts, the latter is a guaranteed crit pretty much too.
    Yeah and mana wouldn't be an issue with fiend out anyway, and maybe even with the sw:d change it would be more effective to use that while moving over DP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    Ugh, got to 8 pages quick and I'm feeling too lazy to read it all.

So with 2 piece, is SWD strong enough to be put into rotation before execute phase?
    no. is only useful under 25%

Set bonuses look nice

My only real concern is that the 4 piece is only masking the problem with shadow orbs, so for Dragon soul we wont have too many issues with getting orbs what happens while we don't have 4 piece ( I know I wont be getting rid of my t12 4 piece till i have t13 4 piece) and the next exp pack comes out and the new gear starts coming into play? It goes back to the same old RNG of orbs.

The 2 piece is sexy sexy it ALMOST makes using Death 25% > somewhat worth it but it will be really sexy times < 25%
    Last edited by scandalis; 2011-09-26 at 01:10 PM.

T13 2p is worth more in 10men then in 25s. For sure, in 10men the competition between classes in execute range is dramatically lower. And in 10men it's really possible to have a fight where there are no affli locks, fury wars and rogues (best classes @ <25% i believe) wich translates in longer execute phase and more chances to get 2*100k crit SW: D double taps!

Quote Originally Posted by joyu View Post
    no. is only useful under 25%
    Compared to a MF2? Doubtful.

Also, I kind of have to ask what people's problems is with Orbs? In their current iteration they're the only thing that has changed in Shadow's single target rotation in 4 years.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~