Page 78 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My top 5:
    The Wire(note season 2 is completely random and barely features the main characters)
    Breaking Bad
    White Collar
    Suits
    Samurai Champloo(best anime ever IMHO)

Boardwalk Empire
    Sons of Anarchy
    Dexter
    Fringe
    Flashpoint (the subplot can be pretty awesome, I do find the fake looking scopes bothers me though)
    How to make it in America
    Brotherhood
    Chicago Code(shame it got cancelled, despite it being better than lots of awful TV shows)
    In Treatment(just don't watch season 3 as it sucks)

The only tv shows I've ever really liked were
    The Shield
    Stargate SG-1
    NCIS

Guess I just don't like tv all that much.

[TV] recommend me something? :)

Hello!
    What do you like / liked? What do you recommend to someone (me) that liked:
    Lost / House / Friends / Big Bang Theory / Joey / the one with killer cop that kills bad guys? /
    and disliked:
    CSI "insert city name here" / the one with zombies? / the one with two brothers busting ghosts? /
    Just ran out of something to watch, while waiting for GW2 / D3

Deleted
    I think you might like:
    Community (really funny show)
    Breaking Bad (people who like Dexter seem to like this show)
    Fringe (made by the same guy who made Lost)

Edit:
    This list has nothing to do with the tv shows you listed, but you should check out the list anyway, some really great shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    NAME: Firefly (2002-2003) CANCELED [but there is a movie, Serenity, which you can watch to tie some loose ends]
    PLOT:Five hundred years in the future, a renegade crew aboard a small, spacecraft tries to survive as they travel the unknown parts of the galaxy and evade warring factions as well as authority agents out to get them.
    TRAILER: click (couldn't find the official trailer or one that doesn't contain spoilers)

NAME: Game of Thrones (2011-) RUNNING
    PLOT: Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros.
    TRAILER: click

NAME: Breaking Bad (2008-) RUNNING
    PLOT: Informed he has terminal cancer, an underachieving chemistry genius turned high school chemistry teacher turns to using his expertise in chemistry to provide a legacy for his family... by producing the world's highest quality crystal meth.

NAME: The Wire (2002-2008) FINISHED
    PLOT: Baltimore drug scene, seen through the eyes of drug dealers, and law enforcement.

NAME: Carnivale (2003-2005) CANCELED
    PLOT: During the Great Depression, an Oklahoma farm boy and a charismatic minister learn that they are key players in a proxy war being fought between Heaven and Hell.

NAME: Boardwalk Empire (2010-) RUNNING
    PLOT: Chronicles the life and times of Nucky Thompson, the undisputed ruler of Atlantic City, who was equal parts politician and gangster.

NAME: Justified (2010-) RUNNING
    PLOT: Old-school U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens is reassigned from Miami to his childhood home in the poor, rural coal-mining towns in Eastern Kentucky.

NAME: Twin Peaks (1990-1991) FINISHED [There is a movie (prequel) you can watch afterwards, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.]
    PLOT:An idiosyncratic FBI Agent investigates the murder of a young woman in the even more idiosyncratic town of Twin Peaks.
    TRAILER: click [the quality of the trailer sucks, the show is amazing though]

NAME: Mad Men (2007-) RUNNING
    PLOT: A drama about one of New York's most prestigious ad agencies at the beginning of the 1960s, focusing on one of the firm's most mysterious but extremely talented ad executives, Donald Draper.

NAME: Six Feet Under (2001-2005) FINISHED [Michael C. Hall, the guy who plays Dexter, is in this show]
    PLOT: A drama series that takes a darkly comical look at members of a dysfunctional California family that runs an independent funeral home.

NAME: Oz (1997-2003) FINISHED
    PLOT: A series chronicling the daily activities of an unusual prison facility and its criminal inhabitants.
    TRAILER: couldn't find a good one, sorry. The show is great though.

NAME: Battlestar Galactica (2004-2009) FINISHED
    PLOT: After losing the war against the Cylon robots, the Battlestar Galactica crew speed toward the fabled 13th colony, Earth. Galactica Commander Adama and President Laura Roslin face waning supplies, crushed morale, ... and the credible threat Cylons aboard the ship.

NAME: Freaks and Geeks (1999-2000) CANCELED
    PLOT: A television show about two unique groups of teenagers dealing with life in high school during the 80's.

NAME: The Sopranos (1999-2007) FINISHED
    PLOT: Modern day morality tale about New Jersey mob boss Tony Soprano, as he deals with personal and professional issues in his home and business life.

NAME: Castle (2009-) RUNNING
    PLOT: After a serial killer imitates the plots of his novels, successful mystery novelist Richard "Rick" Castle gets permission from the Mayor of New York City to tag along with an NYPD homicide investigation team for research purposes.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-01-10 at 09:41 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/ - Game of Thrones: Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros.

the description does not do this show justice whatsoever, probably one of the best ive seen, its an hbo series

this show is pretty epic id suggest u watch it asap =)

watch one of the clips on IMDB, ull be hooked after just watching the title sequence

WINTER IS COMING!
    Last edited by opiaate; 2012-01-10 at 09:44 PM.

wow, that was quick, thanks guys/gals, going to give it all a shot

10+ Year Old Account

Looking for a TV show...

that aired on the WB network in the US in the early 2000s. I believe it was a mini series actually, or a limited run special event kind of show. it was animated, and followed the story of a teenage boy in the mid west that got caught up in fighting an invading alien race... does anyone remember what this is?!? its been driving me nuts trying to think of it... to clarify, it aired in prime time, and it wasn't really a "kids show", it was more maturely themed.

sorry if there is another thread for this type of thing, but i couldnt find one...

Top Gear
    Formula 1 (yeah its a sport I know)
    South Park

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite shows that are still going - in no particular Order.
    Dexter
    Bones
    Supernatural
    Family guy (Also futerama, Cleaveland show, American Dad and south park)
    Doctor who
    Big bang theory
    True blood
    How I met your mother

Shows I loved and I'd recommend watching.
    Smallville
    Alias
    Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis
    Buffy & Angel

There's probably many more especially for shows that have finished now, but can't think of them at the moment.

One thing I'd like to ask, is how good do people think Battlestar Gallactica is. I bought season 1 a while ago because it was on sale as part of a buy 2 get one free deal and there was nothing else in the sale to get so I thought I'd buy it, but it's always hard for me to actually get around to starting a series, once I start it (as long as it's good) I keep watching until I'm finished though.

How I Met Your Mother.
    The Big Bang Theory.
    Family Guy(ofc).
    Weeds.
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Deleted
    The Office (US)
    How I Met Your Mother
    Modern Family
    Breaking Bad
    American Horror Story (pretty cool show, not the best but worth the watch)
    Dexter
    Family Guy (and the other comedy cartoons, South Park etc)

community
    family guy
    how i met your mother
    parks and rec
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

Deleted
    I am watching OZ right now, HBO show taking place entirely in prison, people get shived, raped, shows you how it works among inmates on the extreme end.

That's something not commonly known because it's kinda old and aired like 97-2003.

Deleted
    Recommend the 2005 BBC version Bleak house. Great Dickens adaptation which is very well acted, addictive and engaging. Much better than the naff Christmas Great Expectations adaptation. Features Gillian Anderson (Agent Scully) as one of the main characters who's very good - almost the star of the show. Some clips on youtube as well:

Dickens might have a reputation for peculiar words and quirkiness, but this is a grim but gripping and even gritty tale about the corruption of the legal system (although the drama is the main focus).

I'm going to have to throw a nod to my two most recent addictions...

"Breaking Bad" and "Sons of Anarchy" are very brilliant show that i havent seen mentioned too much in this thread.

Have got into the "Big Bang Theory" recently which they screen every night here in Aussie

Love the Sheldon the Geek character.

Also like the fact they play WOW. Sheldor the Blood elf (lol)

Like South Park..Family Guy

And Crime dramas such as CI & the Mentalist are ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the Jericho advice Crowe. That was is fairly good so far, but the music in it absolute crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed Big Bang Theory Even if i wasnt a fan of sitcom at first, the kind of humour baffles me everytime.

10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Can't miss TV Shows

In the past few years I've been watching a lot of TV shows while playing WoW. I can't help it now its a habbit almost. I must watch something while playing.

For those of you who are looking for some great shows and maybe have missed some of these I'm posting a list of some of my favorites. (not in any particular order)

The Wire
    The Sopranos
    Six Feet Under
    OZ
    Breaking Bad
    Top Gear (UK)
    Californication
    Weeds
    Dexter
    Lost
    The Shield
    Survivor
    Curb your Enthusiasm
    Game of Thrones
    Seinfeld
    X-files
    Top Shot
    Deadwood
    Justified
    Mad Men

I'm sure there are others I missed. However if you haven't seen some of these I highly suggest if you are into series shows These are all worth watching. The Wire is probably my favorite series from start to finish. Top Gear (UK) however is the most entertaining even if you are not into cars.

Enjoy!

Deleted
    I'm sure there is already a few threads on this, including one solely for dramatic tv shows.

Anyway, of the shows you listed I've seen most of them (haven't watched The Shield, Curb or Top Shot yet) and I love a few of them. Here are my favorites:

Boardwalk Empire
    The Wire
    Six Feet Under
    Twin Peaks
    In Treatment
    BSG
    The Sopranos
    Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    Justified
    Deadwood
    Mad Men
    Luck
    Game of Thrones
    OZ
    Sherlock
    Farscape
    Downton Abby
    Carnivale
    Dead Like Me
    The West Wing
    Freaks and Geeks
    Arrested Development
    Parks and Recreation
    Party Down
    Scrubs (season 1-4)
    Black Books
    The Office (UK)

guilty pleasure:
    Friday Night Lights
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-02-19 at 12:32 PM. Reason: forgot a few.