Thread: Fraps help!

Fraps help!

Hello all, I have been having a few issues with fraps lately and i feel that I am getting lower fps then i should out of it. I normally run wow at 1920x1080 windowed(full-screen) and easily get 60fps in raids and about ~40 when sitting around in org with everything at ultra and Dx 11 on

I am running

i5-750 @2.7x4
    2gb 6970
    8gb 1600mhz ram
    Recording to an external 400mb/s HDD

With fraps at 30fps it is maxing out my CPU and often 'lagging' for 2-3 seconds (I believe this is when a new file is created) does anyone have any tips or is my system just unable to hack-it
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

10+ Year Old Account
    Try recording to an interal drive. Likely that recording to a slow drive is your problem.

Also bear in mind that 400 Mega BITS per second is the maximum transfer throughput of the connection, not the actual data rate achived between your machine and the harddrive itself. Which is likely much closer to 10 or 15 Mega BYTES per second. Also if it was bought as an external portable drive its likely to only be a 5400RPM drive, which will further bottleneck writing to it.

thanks for the input I will quickly test in og with my external V internal HDD
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

15+ Year Old Account
    keep in mind that recording to an internal drive that the game is located on will be slower than recording to an internal drive that is dedicated to video capture
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Iv got ssd disk with system and wow on it but im recording movies to another sata drive and game is running smooth

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.viper.dk/wow/fraps/fraps_setup.htm has prety much all the info you need about this.
    ..........gtfo for now