Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sapit View Post
    Although HIGHLY unlikely, imagine if they MoP was a WC3 expansion?
    would love that

Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.
    Can't wait for blizzcon
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    Or they aren't talking about the next expansion at Blizzcon.
    They always do, and the next expansion will be launched next year, so why would they not talk about it in this Blizzcon when they did with the three previous expansions? (Burning Crusade, WTLK and Cataclysm).

Unless they make another trademark in this week, i think we have the next expansion name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    Oh, and can we please knock it off with the "Kung Fu Panda" stuff. That's just as annoying and irrelevant than all the "Worgen = Twilight" nonsense.
    I'll reiterate what I said when worgen were all but confirmed, and a twist so it's applicable to pandaren:
    -Werewolves have been around for a lot longer than Twilight. Rather than jump on the bandwagon crying about shirtless men in the woods, why not look at it as the love letter to Victorian horror it really is?
    -Pandaren have been around for a lot longer than Kung Fu Panda. Rather than jump on the bandwagon crying about fat cuddly panda men, why not look at it as the potential for an homage to Ancient China, where men earned reputations as war gods and demons alike through their skill of arms?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by sapit View Post
    Although HIGHLY unlikely, imagine if they MoP was a WC3 expansion?
    WC3 engine is too outdated. If they launch an RTS it would be with a new engine, and therefore a WC "4"

Deleted
    I still hold my ground that its the next expansion. People who say it not probably mentioned Cataclysm being Blizzard's ooh so secret MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    pretty sure world breaker was used for the TCG not WoW
    In one of the blizzcasts, one of the developers says "...back when the expansion was still called Worldbreaker..."
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    I still hold my ground that its the next expansion. People who say it not probably mentioned Cataclysm being Blizzard's ooh so secret MMO.
    I was a Cataclysm skeptic. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I was a Cataclysm skeptic. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
    Same. I disbelieved it when Boub leaked it. I said it was a troll.
    Then it was real.
    That's when I made my account.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Wrath was never leaked like Cata was. And I think the small leaking that happened from Wrath showed Blizzard their "trademark just before blizzcon" strategy was too big of a risk. And they were confirmed when Cata was leaked in it's entirety.
    Agreed. Trademarking something just before BlizzCon is asking for trouble if there are any leaks. If anything I'm more surprised they tried it with WotLK at all.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Same. I disbelieved it when Boub leaked it. I said it was a troll.
    Then it was real.
    That's when I made my account.
    Let me join this club. I doubted Boub's information several times before I realized he's rarely wrong about anything he's confident enough to post.

On the bandwagon! Boub is pretty damned good at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

I'm going to laugh when MoP is the next expansion, but there are no Pandaren. The goal will be to discover/kill the evil's that have driven Pandaren away. Crossing my fingers for a monk class though. I'd really love a class that would use fist weapons more consistently.

Let me start by saying I'm no patent lawyer.. but why do people assume that if the expansion gets leaked before blizzard patents it that some random person will then have rights to the name? It simply doesn't work like that, if blizzard could prove that they had been working on that project/ with that name(really shouldn't be to hard if it is the next expansion) before the other person filled then it would be blizzards. Look up the patent for laser.. as long as u can prove u did it first then you shouldn't have to worry. Not saying it wont be the next expansion just saying the idea some random group/ person could patent it once it got leaked is absurd.

MoP has a good chance, as well as we have a good chance of seeing Pandarin monks being into'd as the new hero class. makes sense to me. TBC= new race, WoTLK = hero class, cata = new race, X = new hero class. SOme people dont expect to see a hero class ever, but if you go back to your wrath box, it says someinthg along the lines of Intoducing the first hero class.... just seems right to me. idk though, fuzzy fighters sounds weird

There is no reveal at the last minute because these things take time and Blizz is not stupid enough to wait and have someone swoop in and claim a title they have been preparing for.
    Well, the chance of someone randomly trademarking a Warcraft-related name that also happens to be the exact phrase Blizzard plan to use as a title is virtualy non-existant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    In one of the blizzcasts, one of the developers says "...back when the expansion was still called Worldbreaker..."
    Unless you can actually find it, that's no proof.

Also, there is such a thing as a working title. Just because they might have called it worldbreaker at one point doesn't mean that they ever intended to release it as such.

For those who keep mentioning that Wrath was Trademarked 6 days before that Blizzcon, you also need to recall that Wrath had a long dev cycle and was announced at one Blizzcon, and then we had a second Blizzcon where it was featured. The last major content patch for Cataclysm has already been announced, and is expected to go to PTR this week according to Zarhym. Most major patch PTRs last about 2 months, give or take, so we are likely looking at a December release for 4.3(I'm betting Mid-December due to something called TOR). Since they said having the ICC patch out for a year without an expansion was a mistake, one would assume 5.0 would drop in 6-9 months from 4.3, which has been about the normal raid life cycle so far in Cataclysm.

Long story short, they didn't need anything more then some concept art or a draft of a logo for Wrath announcement at Blizzcon, because Wrath was still over 2 years out from ship. The next expansion, which is very very likely to be MoP will need to launch in about a year. They need to show a lot about it in this Blizzcon, because there might not be another Blizzcon before it ships. This means they have to have all their hype and marketing materials ready.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    Or they aren't talking about the next expansion at Blizzcon.
    You mean they're releasing the new patch soon and.. Deathwing, the front man of the expansion won't be the final boss of the expansion?!?! ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    Except that nothing you said is actually fact. Blizzard trademarked WotLK 6 days before BlizzCon 2007 and they had all kinds of Wrath-related things there. Also, you have to have proof of intention and materials to use the trademark, which has already been mentioned a few times in this thread. It's not like some random Joe could trademark it if he saw a leaked poster or something; it would be easily challenged and won by Blizzard who actually has products with the name on it. Please do some ACTUAL research before spewing your opinions as fact.
    Ironically enough, you have no idea what you're talking about and do not know the difference between copyrighting a packaged product and also owning the trademark to use the NAME/WORDS combined as your own.

Anyone who trademarks something claims it as their own. It doesn't matter if a company says "Well I have a product with the name of it on it."

Then I could release hamburgers and call them Quarter Pounders.

---------- Post added 2011-09-27 at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    That website has been marked as a scam site on firefox...
    You don't have to open www.mistsofpandaria.com to see it was registered as a domain multiple days before the name was Trademarked and made public.

You can go right here http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?do...rog_id=GoDaddy

"Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: MISTSOFPANDARIA.COM
    Created on: 25-Jul-11
    Expires on: 25-Jul-13
    Last Updated on: 03-Aug-11"

Electronic Trademark Database:
    Mists of Pandaria
    Filing Date July 28, 2011

Rod A. Rigole also filed this Trademark.
    He also filed the Trademark for Cataclysm.

http://wow.joystiq.com/tag/rod-rigole/

That right there should end all discussion on the topic. "Harry Henderson" did not register the domain, randomly, on July 25th, Mists of Pandaria.com when Blizzard trademarked it two days later with Rod A. Rigole once more. There is no way thats unrelated and anyone who claims it as such is simply being ignorant at this point.
    Last edited by LordRayken; 2011-09-27 at 04:41 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.