Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, there's still more promised videos from him as well as MikeB and Yogscast. I'm sure there's others too that have footage they haven't released yet.

TB is in Finland right now, he promised LOTS of videos for next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Oh, that's right.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I'd expect TBs videos to be put up pretty constantly now. He's started to put a few of them up already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    TB is back from finland and uploaded a warrior vid today.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    This video is already linked elsewhere I believe, but I wanted to bring this particular fight up as an example for discussion (maybe we can find other specific fights to look over, from beta footage?). It's from TB's jump challenge video, and I think the part I enjoyed most was the actual boss fight there. This boss probably scales based on who is involved in the event there, in addition to this being beta, and even further this is a "low level" jumping puzzle in that it's in a low level area, so let's not judge the numbers too much.

I can't help but notice that the Warrior... has a hard time surviving.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    This video is already linked elsewhere I believe, but I wanted to bring this particular fight up as an example for discussion (maybe we can find other specific fights to look over, from beta footage?). It's from TB's jump challenge video, and I think the part I enjoyed most was the actual boss fight there. This boss probably scales based on who is involved in the event there, in addition to this being beta, and even further this is a "low level" jumping puzzle in that it's in a low level area, so let's not judge the numbers too much.

I can't help but notice that the Warrior... has a hard time surviving.
    There's not much discussion to be had. You can't even see what the guy is doing from his perspective. For all we know he didn't use any of his utility skills and he didn't really try to dodge very much. Bad play is bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashgar View Post
    There's not much discussion to be had. You can't even see what the guy is doing from his perspective. For all we know he didn't use any of his utility skills and he didn't really try to dodge very much. Bad play is bad.
    How can you say he is bad if you also say you don't know what he is doing? He did his best to dodge out of the way and he also didn't go into the downed state. Calling him bad and then saying you have no idea of what he is doing is just insulting him really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is you can see what he's doing. You can see when abilities go on CD. The one thing we don't know would be his traits and such.

Unless you mean the Warrior I suppose. The only thing we know is that he was indeed dodging, and didn't go down. I'm wondering what his set-up was, because I can't help but notice he was crazy squishy.

Deleted

All class skill overview videos (by yogscast)

Since they are all done, I thought people might want all these in one place.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I found a way I can tolerate Yogscast videos so I can see GW2 footage... the mute button is a wonderful thing.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted

TotalBiscuit

Thought it would be worthwhile to link some TB videos then as well. Hope it's not reposts. I think more detailed videos like the warrior one will follow soon.

Warrior:

Mesmer:

Guardian:

Jumping Puzzle:

Deleted
    I'm really waiting for his video about explorer version of dungeon to see how people managed that

15+ Year Old Account
    Amusingly enough, as much as I hate Yogscast, their Ranger video really got me interested. Hope I see more info on them. Sadly, their Guardian video actually made me dislike Guardians a lot. Of course part of that is because of the changes from the last demo, but seeing a male Norn also kills it for me. Their animations are terribly boring.

How can you say he is bad if you also say you don't know what he is doing? He did his best to dodge out of the way and he also didn't go into the downed state. Calling him bad and then saying you have no idea of what he is doing is just insulting him really.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Funny thing is you can see what he's doing. You can see when abilities go on CD. The one thing we don't know would be his traits and such.

Unless you mean the Warrior I suppose. The only thing we know is that he was indeed dodging, and didn't go down. I'm wondering what his set-up was, because I can't help but notice he was crazy squishy.
    Yes, I meant the Warrior but also the Guardian could have been at fault as well. I don't think it's worth being concerned about a class being too squishy as any other. The Warrior pretty much tanked the boss 90% of the time and if it's a boss that's probably how it's going to be. People just need to be better about kiting, trading off aggro and assisting one another. You can't gauge what the Warrior was doing but between the two of them there wasn't or didn't appear to be much teamwork.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually felt like the Guardian had the focus more often. O_o

Yogscast's Recent Dungeon Video

Yogscast released a video of them doing the Ascalonion Catacombs today.

If this is story mode, and it's truly this difficult, I thirst for explorable mode.

I just wanted to make a separate thread about this video in particular due to the fact that it showcases the difficulty of the dungeon for casuals fairly well. And it does not look easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG3tE...69FAAAAAAAAAAA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HarlekinFilx View Post
    Yogscast released a video of them doing the Ascalonion Catacombs today.

If this is story mode, and it's truly this difficult, I thirst for explorable mode.

I just wanted to make a separate thread about this video in particular due to the fact that it showcases the difficulty of the dungeon for casuals fairly well. And it does not look easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG3tE...69FAAAAAAAAAAA
    I do have to say that the Yogscast guys make the simplest things in the GW2 beta look hard to be perfectly honest. And to be fair they really just jumped into the game without much prior knowledge, and im not sure if they did this dungeon before or after they did the profession videos, but i think it will be a fair challenge not as hard as these guys make it look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

"When you see the bad guy raise his sword, that's the sign that you need to interrupt his heal!"

LOL! See the bad guy?

To be honest, I had trouble seeing ANYONE, let alone the bad guys, in that lightening storm of effects. While I love the effects... I have no idea how I'd be able to see enemies performing any kind of physical action/tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Who's Rytlock?"
    Stopped watching. u_u

And yea, the Yogscast guys aren't particulary skilled in any of their videos that I've watched so far.