Deleted

Building a PC (first time)

Hello guys!

Im thinking of building a new pc, i have never actually build my own pc and hope you can give me some advice on this build!

Case : Aerocool Vx-e Pro Limited Edition
    MoBoard : Asus P8P67 LE B3
    Processor : Intel Core i5-2500 3.3GHz
    Proc. Cooler : Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B
    HDD : WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Memory : 1x Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9
    Graphics Card : ASUS GeForce GTX560 1GB DirectCU
    Power Supply : Cooler Master GX 650W

This will come at a total of ~800 euros (1100/1200 dollars)

i know this isnt a high end PC but my goal is that i atleast want to run Diablo 3 and BF3 and hope this will work, what do you guys think?

Deleted
    MB: The board is know to have problems with overclocking.
    CPU: I would go with the 2500K since it's unlocked and is made for overclocking.
    PSU Cooler: Not that good with coolers but I would recommend the 212+ atleast. Don't know anything about the Mugen.
    Memory: That's fine
    Graphics card: Would get a 6870 instead since it's cheaper with the same performance. If you can afford it definately go for the 560TI
    PSU: You can drop down to a 500 or 600W one. I prefer corsair.
    HDD: You can drop down to a Samsung Spinpoint F3 and it wouldn't really change much.

This should be able to run Diable 3 on Ultra or High and BF3 on medium to High.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2011-09-27 at 07:10 PM.

Pretty solid build. You've matched the parts up fine so you shouldn't have a problem.

You might be able to get creative on the parts and for the same price rock a low end i7 but I don't have the comparison specs in front of me so you may not gain too much. You might also be able to skim $100-200 dollars off the price if you sub out a few parts without taking a hit to performance.

Thats a solid hard drive, but be mindful whether you're getting the SATA I or SATA II verson (3GB/s vs 6GB/s).

It should be more than enough juice to run D3 and BF3.

I wouldn't change your Power Supply - Cooler Masters are the best IMO.

Deleted
    Also, this should be posted in the "Computer Build Help" forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh the mugen is a pretty big cooler right? Chances it will colide with the RAM, as they have rather large heatsinks. I suggests getting the vengeance LP ram
    Quote Originally Posted by sivenom View Post
    That's like saying I can put my graphics card in my dog's skull and she'll see everything in HD tri-color sparkles. Are you really saying we can upload Rebecca Black intot heir system and scramble their defense turrets? Maybe smack on a Java RNG program and cause their weapons to self destruct. Tell you what aliens, come at me! I know C++!! /endrant

Deleted
    I have been checking the net about the big mugen cooler so i've changed that to the LP ones, thanks!

I could go for the 560TI but is it really a big improvement from 560 ?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchType View Post
    Uh the mugen is a pretty big cooler right? Chances it will colide with the RAM, as they have rather large heatsinks. I suggests getting the vengeance LP ram
    This is correct in most larger AM coolers your first dimm will be covered or partially covered. Also definitely that cooler overhangs the first dimm.(ram cannot touch the cooler in anyway )

Id personally suggest splurging on a case CM Haf series (if you plan to oc or live in a hot ambient area)

other suggestions are valid i5-2500k is better in general the board issue is soso on what rev you get.