Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taldred View Post
    I'm hoping to see this feature implemented upon the EU realms as well.
    Not likely because there are a lot of people who play in countries where they are valid characters in that language. Here in NA, it really only affects Quebec.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    It used to be that they weren't allowed at all. Then they changed them to allow them, and now they change it back? Weird.
    Agreed, not a big fan of this ping-pong policy they got going on. I don't use weird characters so this doesn't effect me, but I wish they would make up their minds.

Am I the only one who refuses to whisper or invite folks with special characters in their names?

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    No they actually won't. I know from experience.
    You'd be surprised that I was able to claim a name just the other day by writing a ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    A step in the right direction if you ask me.

Welcome change IMO

This was a pretty unnecessary change, imo. Yeah, a lot of the names were dumb, but I don't see how this will do anything but piss off people. Seems like a very counter productive move on blizzard's part.

Seems pointless, as (unlikely as it is to happen), eventually they're going to run out of "reasonable" normal-charactered names, so really all you're gonna see is even more crazy character names peroid. Already hard enough to make a decent one with the dumb number of people already using a preferred name you want by saving it to some stupid lv 1 alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I can't type it out without looking for the ascii code it shouldn't be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap. This is wonderful.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Bout time. Only one of mine will be affected, and I might be able to get the <lvl 10 that hasn't logged on in ages renamed so I can have the proper name.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Good riddance (for US servers anyway). Unfortunate for EU+SA servers.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Deleted
    Crap, my druid named Òóòóòóòóòóòó will not like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Finally. They should've never been allowed in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    as eu this doesn't affect me (yet), but i keep my funny characters minimal, if i like a name, then i want it, my death knight (Liselle) had to be renamed when i moved server as the name Liselle was taken, so i named her Líselle instead, oh noes, i used a special character, how terrible of me

sometimes people have reasons for using those characters, it's not always easy coming up with the names you really want only to find out someone beat you to it

depends on special characters though, none of mine use off the uk keyboard lettering

10+ Year Old Account
    Always annoyed me that the people who lacked the creativity to come up with a unique name could just cheat by using the character map.

Having named 50+ characters and never once using the character map, nor settled for nonsense, it just irks me to see someone use them.

My only wish is that the change was made retroactive, but that would probably make 10,000 hunters named Legolas' heads explode.

Do not like this one bit... I'm sorry but a lot of names are already taken, I don't want a crazy fantasy name... I like my name to fit the character. It doesn't bother me one bit to type it in either. In all cases if on vent they know their alt code for the letter or i tell there buddy to have them /w me. I mean on large active servers with 40k plus accounts and probably 5 characters (at least) per account you're looking at 200,000+ names taken.

All I gotta say is.....THANK. GOD.

That is all.

<Avid Mount/Pet Collector> Recently Earned:!! Leywoven Flying Carpet !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    No they actually won't. I know from experience.
    Actually they will, I remember a player had Demise and he was inactive, ticketed and the GM told me he made the name available for when I name change.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
    Seems pointless, as (unlikely as it is to happen), eventually they're going to run out of "reasonable" normal-charactered names, so really all you're gonna see is even more crazy character names peroid. Already hard enough to make a decent one with the dumb number of people already using a preferred name you want by saving it to some stupid lv 1 alt.
    I prefer a name with a 'funny' character here or there to those names like Ilililillililililililililililililil etc.