10+ Year Old Account

(Speculation) No craftable top hat.

Just to make sure we're clear, this is just speculation.

Remember the data mined top hat from ages ago? Remember the rivets it required? They're grey vendor trash on the PTR.

So unless the recipe has changed, and we haven't found it yet, I'm assuming that means no more top hats. Sad day.

Also, void storage is currently expensive as hell. 1k to open, 100g per item, and it's not even linked to the transmogrify NPC. You have to take items out to use them. Transmog isn't too bad, I think a full set cost me about 250g? Meh.

Deleted
    :<
    I have loads of those rivets, and i want my top hat!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    Also, void storage is currently expensive as hell. 1k to open, 100g per item, and it's not even linked to the transmogrify NPC. You have to take items out to use them. Transmog isn't too bad, I think a full set cost me about 250g? Meh.
    Official Patch Notes:

The costs associated with this service are not yet final.
    They needed to put SOMETHING to test the service, they could've put 1 copper, but for whatever reason they didn't. The price isn't final. People need to stop freaking out. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Official Patch Notes:

They needed to put SOMETHING to test the service, they could've put 1 copper, but for whatever reason they didn't. The price isn't final. People need to stop freaking out. xD
    Oh I know, that's why I said currently. lol. Not really freaking out, just going "damn, I thought they wanted to test this, not scare us into never using it."

I used a copied character so I'd have all my gear for Transmoging, so he only had like 7k, enough to get the job done, but I wanted to see how much bank space I could get using the void storage.

Long story short, I ran out of gold before I ran out of items I could void.

---------- Post added 2011-09-28 at 03:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 3tch View Post
    :<
    I have loads of those rivets, and i want my top hat!
    Me too. I never really liked Night Elves, but when I started playing, I wanted to be a druid, so that was my only option. Worgen came out, I liked them more, saw they get a top hat, that sealed the deal so I race changed.

Discovered you only get the hat if you create a worgen. Raged. Learned there was a craft-able top hat in the works, got excited again.

Oh damn. Really wanted that hat Shame only worgen can use it, and doesn't even look that good on them...Ah well, hope they just changed the mats!
    And thanks for the gold cost info, very helpful!

10+ Year Old Account
    1k gold and 100 per item O.o!

God sake blizz, gold sink much?