Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What do the Foos have to do with Blizzard/games?

Tauren Chieftains are Blizz's own band
    Ozzy was part of a commercial (no other link I lay though)
    Tenacious D (claimed to) play games by themselves and Jack Black voices the main character of Brutal Legend
    Foo Fighters....?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    What do the Foos have to do with Blizzard/games?

Tauren Chieftains are Blizz's own band
    Ozzy was part of a commercial (no other link I lay though)
    Tenacious D (claimed to) play games by themselves and Jack Black voices the main character of Brutal Legend
    Foo Fighters....?
    I wasn't aware that the musical entertainment necessarily had to be blizzard related. More to the point though of you're confused about the connection to blizzard and the Foo Fighters(here's a tip, the top blizz execs probably like the Foo Fighters as well as all those other bands) and the biggest connection to Blizzard you can come up with is by your own words Tenacious D might play video games, maybe even blizzard games, and voiced a character in another completely unrelated/not very good game you need to reexamine your own criteria for why a band does or does not fit blizzcon.

The only ones that really had anything to do with Blizzard in any serious way were Tauren Chieftains and Video Games live.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2011-09-28 at 08:36 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Music is 100% subjective. Instead of being immature and whining about how they could have invited some one better, why not just be respectful towards the people who are happy about this group being invited to Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Sod off. The Foo Fighters are brilliant, you demented loony you.
    Although you can't argue taste I think that guy is wrong about the amount of love the Foo Fighters get. The Foo Fighters have a huge fanbase.

Ozzy, Tenacious D...

Foo Fighters.

Hahaha.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Judas Priest springs into mind as one, as well as Motörhead.

THAT would have been epic ending.
    Yes.

Judas preist are amazing live!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

Saw them 3 month ago in Berlin. Was an awesome concert. Tho Im not the uber FF fan but did a favor for 2 friends and didnt got dissapointed

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty damn tough to top Ozzy :P

They started out too strong with musical guests!

10+ Year Old Account
    ZOMG FOO FIGHTERS?! FUKK U BLIZZ Y U SO LAZY? I'M GONNA QUIT WOW NOW.

I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but you'd have to be ignorant to think they don't have an incredible following. Besides, I don't see why Blizzard should give a damn, it's their show, they can do whatever they want with it.

You guys are really lucky to be getting the Foo for blizzcon. seriously. Even if you aren't really a big fan or are even just indifferent to them, you will enjoy the show. Foo Fighters put on an absolutely epic live rock concert, and Dave puts his heart and soul into every performance he does. I have seen them 3 times now and everytime it just leaves me wanting more. Have fun at blizzcon and enjoy the show!!

Well, maybe more people will at Blizzcon will actually know who the Foo Fighters are. It can't be any worse than Ozzy's performance last year. The fans just looked disinterested.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Judas Priest springs into mind as one, as well as Motörhead.

THAT would have been epic ending.
    too bad barely anyone has heard from those. :P minor bands, though to be big but not so big in the end.

Foo Fighters for the win! the greatest stadium rock band in teh world!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Whats Motorhead and Judas Priest?

People know Foo Fighters more than those two....unknowns.
    Please tell me you are kidding. Otherwise I feel sorry for you.

How many people complaining about the Foo Fighters have tickets to BlizzCon?

How many of those are willing to sell theirs cheap because the Foo Fighters have been announced?

Have to admit it... I'm jalous as fuck... One of the best rock bands since the 80's by far, really sad I live in Norway and can't afford to be there in person. In addition to get to see The Foo's I would finally be able to hand my homemade nerf hammer to Ghost Crawler, it's not poisoned... I promise.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    But, why the hell does the Blizzcon band have to be a metal / rock / whatever you like to call the genre band?
    I am sure there is plenty other genres being loved a lot lately...
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    It's pretty damn tough to top Ozzy :P

They started out too strong with musical guests!
    Yeah I agree, being a rock musician and going in the steps of Ozzy... would be like stepping into the deepest hole ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like Foo Fighters, and are going to Blizzcon, you can either leave at the end, or enjoy the fact that some famous people who are there to try and entertain you might actually like / promote Blizzard. I think its pretty cool tbh.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    But, why the hell does the Blizzcon band have to be a metal / rock / whatever you like to call the genre band?
    I am sure there is plenty other genres being loved a lot lately...
    What'd you wish for? Justin Bieber? Rebecca Black? Lady Gaga? my god.. don't give them ideas, please.

In case nobody brought it up, there is a nice tie-in here to last year with Tenacious D, since Dave Grohl is good friends with those guys, too.