Page 15 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thank you for an excellent guide! It's been a great reference point, especially the haste info! <3

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Need some advice on what's better?

Lightning Rod (397)

or

Vagaries Of Time (410) with Orb of the First Satyrs (378)

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...21.0.0.0.71881

356 spell power outweighs the few other lost stats quite heavily. Go for Vagaries and Orb.

I have a question regarding Shooting Stars proccs.
    If I'm casting a SS, and during the cast I get a Shooting Stars procc, SS lights up, but theres a delay(sometimes up to 5 seconds) before the cooldown is actually removed. Is there anything I can do about that, or do I just have to suck it up?
    Also, I recently got my legendary, and noticed that if the staff proccs a SS while I have a Shooting Stars procc up, it consumes the buff. Nothing I can do about that, right?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Yeah, just one of those things you have to live with unfortunately. The reason for the delay is you can only have 1 Starsurge in flight at any one time (more noticeable on fights like Ragnaros with a huge model).

Is there any actual reason for that limit or is it just some random thing Blizzard hasn't bothered fixing?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Reduces our burst capacity for PvP. Less of an issue now that Starsurge is so weak, but at the start of Cataclysm a well timed SS proc after a Starsurge cast would put a ton of damage on people (relative to the HP/resil levels at the time). I might be remembering this change from Alpha/Beta, not entirely sure.
    Last edited by mmoc5b62db1c89; 2012-06-15 at 12:37 PM.

I don't know if this is a ui thing, I use elv, or just a messed up tooltip thing. When I read the line in the guide saying to use IS before sun/moonfire for the nature's grace buff to affect the second one, it said because the fire was stronger. In my tooltip the opposite is true. Even under lunar eclipse IS is barely weaker and nature's grace doesn't affect either fire's damage in the tooltip while it shows swarm gaining damage(they share # of ticks based on haste right?). Obviously it's wrong, I turned on scrolling damage because I've had them off for awhile on my main characters, and saw that yes, moon and sunfire do hit harder than insect swarm.

The point doesn't need to be re-iterated to me, I get which order to use them and now actually see the truth of it as well, but any idea why the tooltip for moon/sunfire say they do less damage than insect swarm?

Moon/Sunfire's tooltip is bugged. The damage is quite a bit higher.

Ok so kinda difficult question to word here. I basically have two ways of reaching 3101 break point right now and I'd like to know if either of them are worth it.

Switch out crafted legs for LFR Boomkin legs and use Resto LFR chest + switch Insignia LFR out for Bottled Wishes

Switch out Reg Rath and LFR Ledger for Reg Lightning Rod and use Bottled Wishes > Insignia LFR

Or keep Rath, LFR Ledger and Insignia and not hit the break point, I'm inclined to think I should just wait to hit the break point and use what I'm using now but I figured I'd ask
    Last edited by Hableqt; 2012-07-02 at 10:00 PM.

For questions like that when no one is sure (or you probably question they opinion, like you should) we have Wrathcalcs

It's the latest live version. Next pages are only MoP updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    For questions like that when no one is sure (or you probably question they opinion, like you should) we have Wrathcalcs

It's the latest live version. Next pages are only MoP updates.
    I've used Wrathcalcs, SimC, Shadowcraft, Ask Mr.Robot, Rawr, all of them for many toons but sadly at the moment I don't have Microsoft and specifically Excel and unless I'm mistaken I need Excel to open Wrathcalcs? Hence why I'm asking here :x.

Quote Originally Posted by Hableqt View Post
    I've used Wrathcalcs, SimC, Shadowcraft, Ask Mr.Robot, Rawr, all of them for many toons but sadly at the moment I don't have Microsoft and specifically Excel and unless I'm mistaken I need Excel to open Wrathcalcs? Hence why I'm asking here :x.
    Have you tried OpenOffice? It works fine beyond the Armory Import iirc. As for my input it will be to scrap the "replacing Normal Rathrak". The spellpower and proc loss will be too great I believe.
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2012-07-03 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Rephrase

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Have you tried OpenOffice? It works fine beyond the Armory Import iirc. As for my input it will be to scrap the "replacing Normal Rathrak". The spellpower and proc loss will be too great I believe.
    Figured as much, just wanted someone else to reinforce that (Someone with more exp as a Boomkin than me xD) Thanks a ton!

I wouldn't be surprised if reaching the breakpoint like that is a DPS loss in any case. You should definitely try WC or SimC.

WC works just fine in OOo, outside of being unable to import/export.

Deleted
    What is considered a BiS weapon for Moonkins besides Legendary?

i'd imagine heroic rath'rak + heroic ledger, given how rath'rak's proc is boosted by solar, which we are in, well, a lot, and ofc a lot moar value in any multi target situation, via both more targets for rath'rak's dot and boomkin's nature of higher solar uptime in those fights

moar apostrophes anyone?
    Last edited by frikamajig; 2012-07-16 at 06:15 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, although he hasn't killed Heroic DW so you're looking at Vagaries of Time H + Ledger H or Lightning Rod H.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...81:77:72:49:29

It really is a much a of muchness (sorry if item weights are incorrect) but I'd always choose the Dagger over the staff and mace + OH in AOE heavy fights.

Deleted
    Thanks!
    As Tecton said, i have no acess to HC dagger yet and since Balance is my OS, i will not be the prime candidate for it anyway.
    I have HC Vagaries+HC Ledger which i will continue to use.