Page 42 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    I have the exact same macro and it works perfectly fine. Because NS is not on global, it will be activated when the global ends and the HT will be instant. In what scenarios are you seeing the issue?

If you aren't able to fix the issue with anything else, simply moving prevents the issue as you cannot cast regular HT when you're moving.
    Same issue here. I just make sure to not "queue" my macro i.e. know when I'm going to need it and just poping right after I'm done casting whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Stommped I thought so, just wanted to double check.

15+ Year Old Account
    I won't be updating the guide for the new rotation, since it's an advanced rotation at high gear levels, and most people generally referring to a guide are undergeared and starting on basic content.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Souxlya View Post
    I've been hearing about a new starting rotation lately. I was curious if this was only for UVL or all trinkets/meta/procs in general, once you are at a certain level of crit to push to quickly out of lunar that Incarnation is still at 20 seconds when you need to use CA.

Also curious if I could get a exact run down of this new starting rotation, since I think I have it a little wrong.

Are we starting at 25 energy still in Solar (this doesn't make sense to me,), or 0 energy with < towards Lunar?

So is this the rotation?

< lunar 0 engery

pot

starfall

Inc+Ca

moonfire

Starsurge/Starfire

Starfall when 1st is over

Attempt to save 1 SS to push to lunar

Moonfire before CA falls

push to lunar

use Starfall when 2nd ends

Starsurge/Starfire until 20 lunar energy

reapply dots (unless they fell off sooner)

> now to normal rotation?
    I really dont see how this is supposed to be better than so far rotation.
    can someone point it out to me?

Deleted
    With that new cooldown rotation, do you want to pop Inc+CA together every time they are ready or do you go back to the normal cooldown rotation after the start? If you keep this "advanced" rotation, do you want to exit solar eclipse before you pop your cooldowns or is it preferential to just pop them as soon as you enter solar?

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    I really dont see how this is supposed to be better than so far rotation.
    can someone point it out to me?
    It's better only if you have 2 RPPM trinkets and the legendary meta. Otherwise it is exactly the same in terms of DPS/damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Souxlya View Post
    I've been hearing about a new starting rotation lately. I was curious if this was only for UVL or all trinkets/meta/procs in general, once you are at a certain level of crit to push to quickly out of lunar that Incarnation is still at 20 seconds when you need to use CA.

Also curious if I could get a exact run down of this new starting rotation, since I think I have it a little wrong.

Are we starting at 25 energy still in Solar (this doesn't make sense to me,), or 0 energy with < towards Lunar?

So is this the rotation?

< lunar 0 engery

pot

starfall

Inc+Ca

moonfire

Starsurge/Starfire

Starfall when 1st is over

Attempt to save 1 SS to push to lunar

Moonfire before CA falls

push to lunar

use Starfall when 2nd ends

Starsurge/Starfire until 20 lunar energy

reapply dots (unless they fell off sooner)

> now to normal rotation?
    So, I have 2 question then:
    - what ilvl or what gear do you need to make this rotation?
    - Does that mean Nature's Vigil should be replaced by Heart of the Wild? Or it's the same condition as my question before (need to be at ilvl or specifically gear) ?

Another question:
    What's the macro for casting detonation mushrooms and hurricane/astral storm? I mean, Hurricane and Astral Storm are dependent from what eclipse. And that's why i'd like to make one marcro for casting detonation mushrooms and hurricane or casting detonation mushrooms and Astral Storm. Is that possible?

15+ Year Old Account
    Could someone please elaborate more about this "new starting rotation"? I mean why it's better for moonkins with 2 RPPMs and the legendary?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Could someone please elaborate more about this "new starting rotation"? I mean why it's better for moonkins with 2 RPPMs and the legendary?
    Because of the "unlucky" modification built into the RPPM system, it's almost guaranteed your RPPM things (trinkets/meta gem) will proc at the very beginning of a fight. By making sure CA is active as you pull, you're stacking the effect of those procs with the added benefit of CA (both DoTs eclipsed), so you should see higher DPS than the standard opener (where you delay a couple of seconds to cast Wrath into Lunar before you pop your CDs, wasting that effective proc uptime). Also, since CA is time based, you should get more out of it with Heroism/meta gem being 100% active when CA is.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    With that new cooldown rotation, do you want to pop Inc+CA together every time they are ready or do you go back to the normal cooldown rotation after the start? If you keep this "advanced" rotation, do you want to exit solar eclipse before you pop your cooldowns or is it preferential to just pop them as soon as you enter solar?
    For the rest of the fight you will just have to use your best judgement. First things first, you proc your last Lunar Eclipse before Inc/CA will come off cooldown (you will have to guestimate here using time remaining on CD + how long you expect before you can get back to Lunar) then immediately you save the new Starfall. Now hopefully your CDs are up by the time you reach Solar Eclipse (or at some point during). If you over estimated the time remaining on the CDs simply cast that Starfall one cast before Lunar and save the new one after proccing and start the process over.

Once you are in Solar Eclipse, started watching feverishly for trinket and meta procs. If you get 2 out of 3 up at the same time press Starfall and immediately use Inc/CA and proceed like the opener from the beginning of the fight. If you reach one cast before Lunar and nothing worthwhile has procced up until that point, use Starfall and begin the old rotation. There is some RNG here but you don't want to hold your CDs forever waiting for the stars to align. If they align at any point prior to reaching Lunar, great, if not just use the normal CD rotation. Just remember to save that Starfall when you reach the last Lunar Eclipse before CDs so you can chain 3 of them like at the beginning of the fight, many Moonkin forget to do this over the course of the fight because it becomes habbit to just press Starfall after reaching Lunar (I do it all the time >.<)

Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    So, I have 2 question then:
    - what ilvl or what gear do you need to make this rotation?
    - Does that mean Nature's Vigil should be replaced by Heart of the Wild? Or it's the same condition as my question before (need to be at ilvl or specifically gear) ?

Another question:
    What's the macro for casting detonation mushrooms and hurricane/astral storm? I mean, Hurricane and Astral Storm are dependent from what eclipse. And that's why i'd like to make one marcro for casting detonation mushrooms and hurricane or casting detonation mushrooms and Astral Storm. Is that possible?
    I don't want to be annoying, but I really want to know the answer from the question I asked.
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    I don't want to be annoying, but I really want to know the answer from the question I asked.
    Thank you very much.
    Same page:

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    It's better only if you have 2 RPPM trinkets and the legendary meta. Otherwise it is exactly the same in terms of DPS/damage.
    You should have already been using HotW since 5.2 release

You can try:
    /Wild Mushroom: Detonate
    /cast Hurricane; Astral Storm (I think this gives the macro the choice to skip the spell if it doesn't exists, used to work for Moonfire/Sunfire in Cata)

I don't know if server lag and the act of detonation will cause the targeting circle of Hurricane to be unselected from the mouse pointer though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi, im a new balanced druid, and i am wondering: when starsurge procs, do i cancel a cast of starfire/wrath and use starsurge, or use it after the cast?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Hi, im a new balanced druid, and i am wondering: when starsurge procs, do i cancel a cast of starfire/wrath and use starsurge, or use it after the cast?
    Never cancel whatever you're casting (even if it's the wrong nuke) unless you're going to die for mechanics. Sharpen your reaction time if you're getting shooting star procs and not able to cast them before you queue up your next spell in an unreasonable amount of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh thanks mate!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzyb View Post
    Never cancel whatever you're casting (even if it's the wrong nuke) unless you're going to die for mechanics. Sharpen your reaction time if you're getting shooting star procs and not able to cast them before you queue up your next spell in an unreasonable amount of time.
    Completely disagree. I cancel wraths all the time, and if I've just started a starfire I'll cancel it. This is especially true if you have multiple dots up, since you're going to have an influx of ss procs at the 520+ gear levels.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    Completely disagree. I cancel wraths all the time, and if I've just started a starfire I'll cancel it. This is especially true if you have multiple dots up, since you're going to have an influx of ss procs at the 520+ gear levels.
    Even tho I am sceptical towards canceling casts (with better gear your haste is also higher) I would not consider it outside of very heavy multidot situation. Also, I am not sure that those wasted miliseconds of hard cast that was canceled are worth the dmg difference between wrath/starfire and SS.

Deleted
    Even tho I am sceptical towards canceling casts (with better gear your haste is also higher) I would not consider it outside of very heavy multidot situation. Also, I am not sure that those wasted miliseconds of hard cast that was canceled are worth the dmg difference between wrath/starfire and SS.
    I had exactly your view until i made a timer for the proc.Around 510+ilvl i was seeing refreshing's even twice within 1 starfire cast , so i went with cancel all wraths and starfires unless starfire is really towards the end.
    If you get at least 1 refresh while casting any nuke its a pretty marginal dps loss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matli View Post
    I had exactly your view until i made a timer for the proc.Around 510+ilvl i was seeing refreshing's even twice within 1 starfire cast , so i went with cancel all wraths and starfires unless starfire is really towards the end.
    If you get at least 1 refresh while casting any nuke its a pretty marginal dps loss.
    I gues I might give a try test try ^^ However, I'd like to know how you cancel those casts - I mean are you macroing it somehow?

Deleted
    I gues I might give a try test try ^^ However, I'd like to know how you cancel those casts - I mean are you macroing it somehow?
    Just strafing man much easier for me atleast.