Not even an internet eyepatch?

Bad Drek.

DELIVERED

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Are you promoting internet piracy?
    Without an internet parrot?

Bad Drek.
    Its okay to pirate anime. They are not real people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Are you promoting internet piracy?
    Without an internet parrot?

Bad Drek.
    I'm not promoting it. Just because those Japanese people in the picture do it doesn't mean you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    I'm not promoting it. Just because those Japanese people in the picture do it doesn't mean you have to.
    I only have 1 flag the rest of the ones are blank :c

Oh wait, dere dey go :c

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    i have none because i obey the law
    Im sure. Im sure you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Downloading Madoka Magica. +1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    That's metalcore. I don't like it but it's still metal, though I wouldn't really be able to point you towards similar bands because it's something I just can't appreciate properly. The vocal part is usually what keeps me away from all things metalcore; lyrics are something I value very highly when listening to something and I just can't relate to 99% of the ones the aforementioned genre makes use of, and the way they sing them really does not help either - harsh during most of the songs and then high-pitched, whiny "cries" of sorts during the choruses.
    That's cool, I'm not offended that they don't appeal to you. As you mentioned, people tend to fall into one of two categories when it comes to music. They are either "lyrics" or "tune" people. Like you, my cousin really only enjoys listening to songs that have interesting, humorous, or thoughtful lyrics with the tune of the song being less important. I'm sort of the opposite, where I care more about how the song sounds than what they are actually saying. This is probably how I can listen to Japanese and Korean music when I don't speak a lick of either language. The only time lyrics bother me is when they are blatantly stupid and I feel less intelligent for listening to them.

In terms of how BFMV sings, I agree with you and that style actually happens to appeal to me xD I love screaming in my music but only as a supplement to the singing. I don't like death metal and rap for the same reason: neither really sing. Since I'm a tune person, I can't get behind a song that isn't melodic, even if the lyrics are mind blowing. I think part of that stems from the fact that I don't have a good ear for picking out what people say. I'm notoriously bad at understanding people with foreign accents and sometimes get lost in movies featuring British characters. It really just depend on how thick the accent is.

Matt Tuck's voice isn't even bad but it's just the way he sings, I like this song with him for example but still his style is there and it still bothers me a little. I don't really see what bothers you about most metal vocalists (though I can see why Ihsahn would be easy to dislike, he still hasn't parted ways with his black metal self), if you didn't like growls and shrieks I'd understand and it'd probably be easy for you to get into most prog bands, thrash, etc. but BFMV also use that kind of thing and you like them.
    Haha I agree, he sounds a little whiny there. I feel his voice changes in some of his later music. Yeah I feel like a lot of the classic stuff that people rave about had singers that sound like the one from Dragonforce; he sings very high and uses vibrato frequently. I feel like a lot of metal singers do that or just strictly growl. I like something in between that. If there was a group who's singer sounded like Ben Burnley from Breaking Benjamin but also shredded on their guitars and pounded away at their base drum, I'd be all over that. I guess that brings me back full circle to liking metal from an instrumental standpoint and not from a singing standpoint. In terms of BFMV, I like "Fever" (their newer album) better than "The Poison" (the one they are more famous for) because Fever employs more singing where as The Poison is more growling. I like both though. Who knows man, I'm a walking contradiction anyways :P

Deleted
    Yes it does, you are condoning their behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by worar View Post
    [img]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77947262/other/DELIVERED.png[img]
    DELIVERED
    Good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    A lot of stuff.
    I have to be up early, unfortunately, and thus have no time to reply properly (I will tomorrow).

You'd probably enjoy melodic/prog bands like Evergrey, though.

Instrumental may not be exactly as you like it in this particular song but they have others where it gets heavier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    I have to be up early, unfortunately, and thus have no time to reply properly (I will tomorrow).

You'd probably enjoy melodic/prog bands like Evergrey, though.

[video=snip[/video]

Instrumental may not be exactly as you like it in this particular song but they have others where it gets heavier.
    I actually did happen to like that. I use iTunes sometimes to check other bands out; I'll give these guys a listen. And yeah, don't worry about responding to my wall of text, I just like to talk :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post

Kekkan Gun is the source if you need the real image.
    Any english translation? I can't read in chinese. :c

Quote Originally Posted by galil ace View Post
    only chinese and japanese sadly.

The upotte fanbase is very small.

this is one of those comics you don't read for the dialog.

baka hentai

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I watched the TV version(that one with a commercial in it) and I wanted to see the blu-ray version. As much as I love it, I don't think I'm ready to pay 300 US bloody dollars for it.

Watching Madoka Magica -1

Watch a real anime
    Like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Watching Madoka Magica -1

Watch a real anime
    Like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    How is it possible to have such shit taste? I think you're the living embodiment of bad taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    How is it possible to have such shit taste? I think you're the living embodiment of bad taste.
    There's only one explanation. Canadian and a traitor to the brits.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    There's only one explanation. Canadian and a traitor to the brits.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Those glasses, it burns.
    THIS ISNT EVEN MY FINAL FORM