Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Preparation for a pull, "PrePot" your pets

I haven't seen this topic come up before there for I am mentioning it now

I am not sure how man hunters are aware of this but all of your pets operate on seperate cooldowns and thus It is possible to cast Call of the Wild, Dismiss, Call Pet2 prior the pull for longer duration of Attack Power bonus. This can also be used during phase transitions and such when you are not in the middle of a rotation as interrupting an rotation for a pet swap will likely result in a dps deficeit

if you have a tank that knows how to pull on a pull countdown, then yes you can rotate pets in the start for 5 call of the wild for MAX extra ap with a prepot, this ofcourse requires you to do it in timely fashion as well as not be needed to bring any cunning pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunee View Post
    if you have a tank that knows how to pull on a pull countdown, then yes you can rotate pets in the start for 5 call of the wild for MAX extra ap with a prepot, this ofcourse requires you to do it in timely fashion as well as not be needed to bring any cunning pets.
    I do 1 pre-call of the wild and switch to my battle (ferocity) pet for another, It is yet unclear to me whether dismissing/swapping pets in middle of rotation and such will cause a dps minus

Yeah i started doing that too when i can, just annoying some tanks on my guild use the dbm timer and others just vocally count from 5 to 1 >.<. (DBM is 10 sec)

On that topic, anyone have a ''lazy'' macro, assuming we have 5 ferocity pets, that would basicaly just pop CotW, dismiss pet then pop the next pet in your list? Would help because pre-potting, pre CoTW, hunter's mark and MD all in a 5 second window is pretty short.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    On that topic, anyone have a ''lazy'' macro, assuming we have 5 ferocity pets, that would basicaly just pop CotW, dismiss pet then pop the next pet in your list? Would help because pre-potting, pre CoTW, hunter's mark and MD all in a 5 second window is pretty short.
    Why not apply both MD and Hunter's Mark before the tank's countdown even starts? There's absolutely no reason to waste those GCDs right at the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Why not apply both MD and Hunter's Mark before the tank's countdown even starts? There's absolutely no reason to waste those GCDs right at the pull.
    True. Still interested in the macro though .

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    True. Still interested in the macro though .
    No such macro exists that I know of, and even if it did, would require you to predict your tank's countdown before it even began, due to cast times on dismiss pet. :P Unless your tank did like... a 10 second countdown. Which is excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    No such macro exists that I know of, and even if it did, would require you to predict your tank's countdown before it even began, due to cast times on dismiss pet. :P Unless your tank did like... a 10 second countdown. Which is excessive.
    All good ;P.

"a one, a two, a three, a four, a five, a...."
    "Damn Ringo, can't you count in like everbody else?"

I found that a 7-sec countdown is enough if you have mark and missdi up before the count ;p

if only my tanks give some kind of countdown. raid leader says 'do it', tank pulls :P

I simply asked my tanks to add a longer count, try it yourself ^^

This is the macro I use before pulls. First Click dismisses pet and uses CD's, 2nd click calls other pet.

/cast Call of the Wild
    /use Potion of the Tol'vir
    /castsequence reset=20 Dismiss Pet, Call Pet 4
    Last edited by femur68; 2011-10-01 at 07:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by femur68 View Post
    This is the macro I use before pulls. First Click dismisses pet and uses CD's, 2nd click calls other pet.

/cast Call of the Wild
    two downsides about that macro:
    1. why would you prepot that early? dismissing takes two seconds, calling pet takes another seconds. thats 3 wasted seconds of tolvir. either prepot once you precast your aimed or once it goes off.
    2. you also waste 2 seconds of cotw if you activate it before dissmissing. cast dismiss and click cotw for 2 more seconds uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    I simply asked my tanks to add a longer count, try it yourself ^^
    tell your tank to start with at least /dbm pull 7

Quote Originally Posted by femur68 View Post

/cast Call of the Wild
    Just a question, why is the 'reset=20' necessary?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

You all realize that in 99.99% of all boss encounters that none of that is necessary?

I understand in progression fights where you are consistently getting the boss sub 10% that it makes sense to try to get every drop of dps possible, but even then, 99% of those fights are not hinging on whether you pulled off a perfect CotW/Dimiss Pet trick.

Yes, pre-pull blow CotW/Dimiss, but don't worry whether you wasted 1 or 2 seconds of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    You all realize that in 99.99% of all boss encounters that none of that is necessary?

I understand in progression fights where you are consistently getting the boss sub 10% that it makes sense to try to get every drop of dps possible, but even then, 99% of those fights are not hinging on whether you pulled off a perfect CotW/Dimiss Pet trick.

Yes, pre-pull blow CotW/Dimiss, but don't worry whether you wasted 1 or 2 seconds of it.
    Because min/maxing matters to some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelbak-Illidan View Post
    Because min/maxing matters to some people.
    I understand Min/Maxing.

Sometimes though I wonder if people are trying so hard to get every possible theoretical drop of dps out of their class that they are stressing themselves or actually complicating things so much that they are losing dps.

For example.. Pre-pull I am making sure that everyone is in the right spots (myself included), that I have all my raid buffs, making sure all cooldowns are reset or will be by the time I need them.

All of those are more important to me than the extra 5-10k total damage (not 5-10k dps) that I would gain by having CotW on me for an extra 1-3 seconds.
    Last edited by Rackfu; 2011-10-02 at 03:36 PM.

Its nescesary to try beat guildys (admitting they aren't wielding an Orange) and to try to rank on WoL parses. Wich is good enough reasons to a lot of people.

---------- Post added 2011-10-02 at 04:09 PM ----------

All of those are more important to me than the extra 5-10k total damage (not 5-10k dps) that I would gain by having CotW on me for an extra 1-3 seconds.
    Of course people care about that too, but there's always a way to push harder and thats the point of small details like pre-cotw.

And after wiping a while on the same boss, lets say H:rag, i just go to my position myself mechanically when we run back (not lvl 25 yet ;( ).

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread explains, in full, why I will never, EVER be in a raiding guild. This is just too much for me lol.