Zerg lack an accessible siege unit. Swarm host just doesn't do it for me. At least not in its current state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greens View Post
    Zerg lack an accessible siege unit. Swarm host just doesn't do it for me. At least not in its current state.
    It's still early days. We still have beta to come and that's when a lot of the kinks will be ironed out

10+ Year Old Account
    Terran get bfh that won't die to spines or queens, they have an anti-zerg fuckeverythingup map control robot, maneuverable thors. Protoss have tempests which are gonna annihilate overlord drops and mutas, cool little clone bots which could be useful (they're not amazing but hey.) and casters that will be devastating when paired with early protoss air rushes and can really hurt mass-expo zerg.

Zerg get a shitty grounded brood lord that can only shoot every 10 seconds, doesnt even have direct damage and can't move. Sure they're burrowed, they and their locusts are both super slow and can easily be scanned. The viper seems pretty cool. Some websites are saying the ocular parasite is one time use per viper (i hope not). The pull is great but apparently uses half its energy. Darkswarm will be useless vs protoss and terran can easily stim and micro away.

All this will probably be balanced during the beta, but still, things are looking dire for zerg. Only thing I'm looking forward to is tunnelblings. But they are probably gonna be hive tech and since a lot of zergs are wiped out during the early and metagame, they don't help much.
    1.overlords dont count as light and dont clump up super hard when they drop(which is rare)
    and 2. the new sky caster is worthless as an army unit it offers no synergy with the new capital ship,void-rays.... they look good by themselfs tho
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

swarm host looks real useless from the videos. looks like it should spawn more frequently.

also to answer my own question from earlier: i watched the whole sc2 panel on youtube and they said they plan to have the hydra speed upgrade available at Hive tech. (which is really lame, was hoping for lair tech level)
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    can anybody analyse my gameplay for me? I need to know what I need to be better at. I have saved games, how do I share them?
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by durza View Post
    1.overlords dont count as light and dont clump up super hard when they drop(which is rare)
    and 2. the new sky caster is worthless as an army unit it offers no synergy with the new capital ship,void-rays.... they look good by themselfs tho
    It has the ability to shut off spore crawlers. Thats zergs only defence to early air pushes. That and queens, which can be easily taken out with phoenixes if there are no spores to worry about.

and I'm still asuming the tempest will do decent damage to units even if they aren't light. Might not be as crazy as when they are against mutas but still.
    Last edited by Greens; 2011-10-23 at 08:28 PM.

I don't think Swarm Host is really meant to be more than a unit that takes fire but for free, I don't think of it as a colossus or a seige tank that you deploy and it deals damage from afar. So you have swarm host spawn broodlings, banelings roll in, broodlings take all the seige fire, banes destroy everything. Honestly, I've seen Queens take seige fire while main army does a blitzkreig, it's a redundant unit that's very situational, at this point seige isn't even going to be a problem since Vipers are going to hardcounter them.

Screw the Swarm Host just give Lurkers God dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    ^

10 chars

"^ This" is not allowed.

edit: did I really just get infracted for "^"? Wow, nazi mods ftl! ._.
    Last edited by Greens; 2011-10-23 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has the ability to shut off spore crawlers. Thats zergs only defence to early air pushes. That and queens, which can be easily taken out with phoenixes if there are no spores to worry about.

and I'm still asuming the tempest will do decent damage to units even if they aren't light. Might not be as crazy as when they are against mutas but still.
    u should scout the air rush, and 5 queens transfusing each other is REALLY good... also what about hydras and infestor FG all of those are good AA....also that really is a good idea bringing one orc to stun sporecrawlers, ty for that idea
    The Force shall free me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    I don't think Swarm Host is really meant to be more than a unit that takes fire but for free, I don't think of it as a colossus or a seige tank that you deploy and it deals damage from afar. So you have swarm host spawn broodlings, banelings roll in, broodlings take all the seige fire, banes destroy everything. Honestly, I've seen Queens take seige fire while main army does a blitzkreig, it's a redundant unit that's very situational, at this point seige isn't even going to be a problem since Vipers are going to hardcounter them.

thats what they seem good for right now, im just hoping they change it
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

u should scout the air rush, and 5 queens transfusing each other is REALLY good... also what about hydras and infestor FG all of those are good AA....also that really is a good idea bringing one orc to stun sporecrawlers, ty for that idea
    I said air RUSH. Rush being the key word. Protoss can get air while you're still on 2 bases and working on lair tech. Terran can too. By that time, you probably have around 2-3 queens depending on how you tech. Also, if they hide their starport or forge expo and deny your overlord with a stalker or two, you're boned.

---------- Post added 2011-10-23 at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Romulan1993 View Post
    can anybody analyse my gameplay for me? I need to know what I need to be better at. I have saved games, how do I share them?
    What race do you play?
    Last edited by Greens; 2011-10-23 at 08:40 PM.

its called banelings and psy storm has been nerfed so hard i never go HT, FG is the strongest spell in the game regardless of your opinion
    i'm sorry but you must be in a lower league. because what you just said is pretty much so wrong.

EMP and FF are tied for the most powerful spells in the game. FG got nerfed so hard most people barely get infestors to deal with protoss. infestors were great for NP on colossus and fg was amazing vs stalkers.

and you're saying banelings without speed upgrade is better then a marine/tank timing push? kidding me? the only thing that zerg can do early vs marine/tank timing is mass up zerglings. when i play, terrans actually focus fire down the banelings with tanks while spreading/kiting with marines. have you even played zerg?

and you never go: FFE into stargate to get phoenix / voidray to get a hydra response then go into stalker/sentry/colossus/HTs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coalex View Post
    i'm sorry but you must be in a lower league. because what you just said is pretty much so wrong.

EMP and FF are tied for the most powerful spells in the game. FG got nerfed so hard most people barely get infestors to deal with protoss. infestors were great for NP on colossus and fg was amazing vs stalkers.

and you're saying banelings without speed upgrade is better then a marine/tank timing push? kidding me? the only thing that zerg can do early vs marine/tank timing is mass up zerglings. when i play, terrans actually focus fire down the banelings with tanks while spreading/kiting with marines. have you even played zerg?

and you never go: FFE into stargate to get phoenix / voidray to get a hydra response then go into stalker/sentry/colossus/HTs?
    u know what i love? trolls who cant make proper arguments and decide to say you said things u never mentioned. when did i say anything about speedless banlings beating tank marine timing push? i dident. u must be in the lower leagues cuz banling+FG is one of the most deadly combos possible vs any match up.yes i have played zerg but i dont need to to know your wrong seeing as iv been watching sc ingeneral for a few years now i know for fact banling zergling can beat marine tank builds. Also any zerg who goes hydras to a response to stargate and stays with hyrdas is bronze, all the smart zergs just go mass muta to kill air and still have an army that can deal with clos
    Last edited by durza; 2011-10-23 at 10:32 PM.
    The Force shall free me.

Oh damn, shits about to get real!!!! :O

edit: oh shit. post no 100 \('0')/ WOOOOT

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh damn, shits about to get real!!!! :O

edit: oh shit. post no 100 \('0')/ WOOOOT
    congratz on 100th post
    The Force shall free me.

u know what i love? trolls who cant make proper arguments and decide to say you said things u never mentioned. when did i say anything about speedless banlings beating tank marine timing push? i dident. u must be in the lower leagues cuz banling+FG is one of the most deadly combos possible vs any match up.yes i have played zerg but i dont need to to know your wrong seeing as iv been watching sc ingeneral for a few years now i know for fact banling zergling can beat marine tank builds
    yea sure fg + banes are good. but when can you do that when the terran spreads the marines so well. the micro of the terran is solid to focus fire the tank. oh and good luck getting those fgs off when emps on the field. you actually think baneling + fg is good vs any match up? are you serious? hahahahaha banelings vs stalkers hahaha. banelings vs roachs in zvz? you can't be serious. zvz if you're going into mid game with infestors + banelings vs their roach/infestor you might just want to gg.

i was referring to when i said: "we need help early to mid game where marines will just destroy us no problem." you replied: "its called banelings"

banelings are not very good without speed. at all. so these marine/tank timing pushes are very very difficult to deal with early/midgame. they set a bunker by your creep and leap frog their tanks while rallying more tanks and marines in.

and i'm most likely in a higher league then you. since the terrans in my league do not group up either marines when they see banelings and infestors on the field. when you actually get out of your silver/bronze league into plat/diamond let me know. go play zerg and try getting groups of marines in a fg. but good luck with standing the first timing attack.

I suddenly realized why I took from this website, and also why I quit WoW.

Balance complaints, hilarious, while slowly destroying your brain as you try to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez View Post
    I suddenly realized why I took from this website, and also why I quit WoW.

Balance complaints, hilarious, while slowly destroying your brain as you try to read it.
    sc2 is pretty balanced. minus emp and the marine. marines soooooo good. pretty sure blizzard was on smoking something when they made the marines this good lol. i think if they decreased the rate of fire a bit it might make the game a lot more better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coalex View Post
    yea sure fg + banes are good. but when can you do that when the terran spreads the marines so well. the micro of the terran is solid to focus fire the tank. oh and good luck getting those fgs off when emps on the field. you actually think baneling + fg is good vs any match up? are you serious? hahahahaha banelings vs stalkers hahaha. banelings vs roachs in zvz? you can't be serious. zvz if you're going into mid game with infestors + banelings vs their roach/infestor you might just want to gg.

i was referring to when i said: "we need help early to mid game where marines will just destroy us no problem." you replied: "its called banelings"

banelings are not very good without speed. at all. so these marine/tank timing pushes are very very difficult to deal with early/midgame. they set a bunker by your creep and leap frog their tanks while rallying more tanks and marines in.

and i'm most likely in a higher league then you. since the terrans in my league do not group up either marines when they see banelings and infestors on the field. when you actually get out of your silver/bronze league into plat/diamond let me know. go play zerg and try getting groups of marines in a fg. but good luck with standing the first timing attack.
    i suppose fg banling is a bad idea zvz and as such i retreat that statment. now then,your right in your perfect world whenever u make a unit the other player can get the hard counter instantly 100% of the time.baneling+FG vs stalker works ...alot even better if have overlord so u can do bane rain with fg.and again i never said ANYTHING about speedless banelings ...stop mentioning them.its called map awareness u sound like u need to get some if every tarren u meet can make bunkers right next to your creep spread.league rank is relevant to balance debates i hear.
    The Force shall free me.