You forget a rather large amount of their devs are on the Heroes team at the moment. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Announcement at Blizzcon, Beta next year around Feb/March, release in winter is my guess
    Do not forget that Blizzard has never released a single game any close to their announced dates. If they promise Beta in Feb/March, then my guess is it is not going to happen before 2016, and the game itself might be released by the end of 2016.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    does this count as necroing

please release legacy of the void in the next 5 years
    Anything SC2 related counts as necroing hehehe

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Do not forget that Blizzard has never released a single game any close to their announced dates. If they promise Beta in Feb/March, then my guess is it is not going to happen before 2016, and the game itself might be released by the end of 2016.

Just wondering when has this happened before?

I don't said they promise a beta. They will annouce that they are working on LotV and show off something at Blizzcon, like new editor features, the map market (ahahaha) and some new units they plan to introduce

Later the new units will be mostly scrapped, the editor features will be super nice but rarely used because everyone is playing the same maps since SC1/WC3, and the map market will fail because everyone who intended to use it is long gone. But the single player campaign will be nice (gameplay wise, story will be super meh) and the CGI videos will be awesome.

And then we will see GSL #238 with players using the same tactics as in WoL Beta.

/bittervet mode off

They'll also remove a beloved old unit, but halfway through they'll cave to the demands of the people and put it back in again.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Just wondering when has this happened before?
    Stacraft was in making almost 2 years more than anticipated, Diablo 2 was late 8 months, Warcraft 3 at least 6 (more than a year if we count all delays), WoW was on time weirdly enough (but does anyone remember "new expansion every 18 months" Pardo said at Blizzcon '07), SC2 was delayed another six months because of Battle Net 2.0 (long beta period was great for balance though), Diablo 3 was delayed 6 months too. If anyone likes to take their sweet time with games, it's Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They'll also remove a beloved old unit, but halfway through they'll cave to the demands of the people and put it back in again.
    Yes, we all loved the "removal" of Thors (making it a hero unit like the mothership), carriers and motherships (because hero units suck ಠ_ಠ).
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2014-07-25 at 08:21 PM.

It's good and bad if they wait to release LotV. It's bad on the front that the scene is really struggling but its good because they might be rehauling the core mechanics that make Starcraft 2 an inherently more boring game than its predecessor Brood War.

The flawed mechanics I'm really talking about are the economy and production aspects of the game. Mining scalability is a huge factor in the game being exciting; in Starcraft it was more rewarding to expand aggressively while in Starcraft 2 its more rewarding to turtle because there's a 3 base soft cap for economy. And I feel like all of this hatred for Protoss design will hurt the game because they Blizzard will prioritize that over any other issue with SC2 instead.

Starcraft 2 desperately needs the dumb worker AI back.

The things that are "wrong" with SC2 core mechanics have been analyzed since WoL Beta. And still we are here ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    The things that are "wrong" with SC2 core mechanics have been analyzed since WoL Beta. And still we are here ;o
    Agreed, which is why I'm hopeful because it didn't rear its ugly head until 2012 (BL and Infestors), literally around the same time the HotS beta went live. It's clear that it would've been impossible to make any tweaks in that timeframe. I am really satisfied with the current meta, so I'm left with this feeling of "what if" the game wasn't handcuffed by a 3 base income cap.

I do have to say I would be really excited if forcefields were removed, just that alone can make future map designs really fun.

where are wass and kel

dieing like the game ((

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    dieing like the game ((
    do you purposely just write half, poorly written statements for all of us to guess what the hell you are trying to say?

OT: games not dead, thread's not dead, just because there's not a lot of recent activity on this thread indicates nothing of the sort. Stop trying to flame-bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    do you purposely just write half, poorly written statements for all of us to guess what the hell you are trying to say?

OT: games not dead, thread's not dead, just because there's not a lot of recent activity on this thread indicates nothing of the sort. Stop trying to flame-bait.
    I think kel was sarcastic.

OT: i was joking and u got rustled, sorry

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandral View Post
    I do have to say I would be really excited if forcefields were removed, just that alone can make future map designs really fun.
    I'd be more happy if the game encouraged more micromanagement. Yeah it has it's economy issues for sure, but one of the main things for me as a person that dumped obscene amounts of time into BW and WC3 that makes SC2 less fun is that micromanagement is not encouraged at all. There's little bits of micro here and there, but due to the unit damage being so high and the units clumping like they do there's very little that can be done as far as micro goes before half of both armies has just been obliterated. From the beta until I stopped playing at the end of last year, that's been the big thing that bothered me.

I'm not trying to take anything away from sick marine splits, perfect forcefield placement, anything like that, it's just that compared to Brood War and War3 the amount of micro that goes on in each little skirmish is miniscule. Still it's my second favorite current game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I'd be more happy if the game encouraged more micromanagement. Yeah it has it's economy issues for sure, but one of the main things for me as a person that dumped obscene amounts of time into BW and WC3 that makes SC2 less fun is that micromanagement is not encouraged at all. There's little bits of micro here and there, but due to the unit damage being so high and the units clumping like they do there's very little that can be done as far as micro goes before half of both armies has just been obliterated. From the beta until I stopped playing at the end of last year, that's been the big thing that bothered me.
    Well, this is, in fact, the thing I love SC2 the most for. I so much hated microing every Grunt in WC3 in 6 Grunts + 3 Trolls vs 7 Footmen + 4 Riflemen battles - the whole game was microing, microing, microing... Starcraft 2 is much more about macroing, scouting, expanding, stealth attacks, etc., while in WC3 most of the time you would spend clicking individual units and pulling them away.

Ideally, I would prefer modern RTS games to have automatic micro. You would give only general commands to your units or unit groups, and they would micro themselves very well. Such things as, for example, Marines spread vs Lings+BLings are an absolutely unnecessary waste of time and effort - I hate it when I lose to someone who is just a little bit better than me in clicking. It is as if people on math exams got better grades for better calligraphy - it shouldn't be this way.
    Last edited by May90; 2014-07-28 at 12:46 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is, in fact, the thing I love SC2 the most for. I so much hated microing every Grunt in WC3 in 6 Grunts + 3 Trolls vs 7 Footmen + 4 Riflemen battles - the whole game was microing, microing, microing... Starcraft 2 is much more about macroing, scouting, expanding, stealth attacks, etc., while in WC3 most of the time you would spend clicking individual units and pulling them away.

Ideally, I would prefer modern RTS games to have automatic micro. You would give only general commands to your units or unit groups, and they would micro themselves very well. Such things as, for example, Marines spread vs Lings+BLings are an absolutely unnecessary waste of time and effort - I hate it when I lose to someone who is just a little bit better than me in clicking. It is as if people on math exams got better grades for better calligraphy - it shouldn't be this way.
    It sounds to me more like you want Turn Based Strategy instead of Real Time Strategy. Reaction time is and should be important in an RTS game. Besides with the focus on eSports, a game with no micro would be insanely dull.

chill, also this game is dead as dirt when theres no expansion or good updates need Lotv soon or theres not going to be much activity for a while. theres always a ton of diehards out there who will never stop playing even if theres no updates tho.

kel has been here for hundreds of pages dont talk to him like that