Quote Originally Posted by Cts53 View Post
    Well in WC3 i was the night elves :/ sacrificing wisps to build structures. So i'm not a noob in understanding whether i should do this or that and at what time. But i am having a hard time understanding how SC2 is "the new standard for rts" :/

I have some friends who seemed to play it non-stop, but i tried it and granted a demo doesn't really help you graps the full game, but the demo didn't grab my interest either :/

If somebody could give me a comparison between SC2 and AoM, then that would be greatly appreciated
    Maybe you need to see a higher level game to truly appreciate it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cts53 View Post
    If somebody could give me a comparison between SC2 and AoM, then that would be greatly appreciated
    EDIT: The game posted above was pretty amazing.

A bit hard to give you a comparison when all that can really be said about those games is that they both fall under the RTS genre and both have elements of that genre in them (Micro/Macro).

I've played Age of Mythology, back when it first released - I am sure you could make a comprehensive comparison list, unfortunately I won't be the one to do it because I do not remember everything from AoM.

It could just be that Starcraft 2 is not for you, for whatever reasons it might be, but I will honestly say that if your reason for disliking Starcraft is because it "feels shallow", then it is probably because you just haven't delved deep enough into it.

The Starcraft 2 metagame, especially in higher leagues is absolutely insane and ever-shifting.

My advice? Watch some pro-games, there should be plenty of VODS out there on the internet, and don't just watch one VOD, watch many and watch them regularly, you've got some time during lunchbreak? Sit down with your lunch and watch a quick promatch, watch the livestreamed tournaments, join in the stream chats, attend Barcrafts (Provided there are any near you) and I can almost, guarantee that you will be swooped away.
    Last edited by mmoc5fa303d2cd; 2012-02-28 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Ghosts were never used for Snipe in PvT, though, only EMP. Snipe was Terran's best means of dealing with both Broodlords and Ultralisks, and that's been removed by the Snipe change. Vikings aren't effective because of Fungal Growth and Fungal Growth also counters the ability for a bioball to stutterstep Ultralisks. Thors are pretty effective versus Ultralisks (Thor ground DPS is one of the highest in the entire game), but they're also vulnerable to Neural Parasite or could simply be zerged (heehee) down by Zerglings or even Broodlings.

The Snipe nerf bothers me because it makes Snipe fucking useless against anything that isn't a spellcaster. You can't use Snipe to pick off workers anymore, or weaken zealots, pick off marines or marauders, or quickly drop roaches. It's greatly limited the applications of Ghosts, who were one of the more interesting (and, IMO) fun units in the game because using Snipe effectively while microing your normal units took a lot of skill.

It bothers me even more that this change never went to PTR and it was pushed through just before a major tournament.
    Yeah it acturally stopped me from playing Terran, I've switched to zerg now and so far enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Maybe you need to see a higher level game to truly appreciate it.

That game is insane. MVP fucking won everything in 2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    Round 27 on Blizzard's new map makes me want to slit my wrists D:

*SPOILER*
    10 Marines vs. your banshee, good luck ;_;
    *SPOILER*
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-03-03 at 01:54 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Just finished Blizzards new custom map "Starcraft Master", most of the rounds we're pretty easy but 27, 29 and 30 almost made me tear my hair off.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been on round 27 for about an hour now, it's been 9999 times where I was 1 marine away from completing it D:
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    GSL finals on atm DRG vs Genius!!

Deleted
    I've been playing Protoss since release but have been getting more and more bored with the race, I find the opening just so boring and similar with no room for experimentation, I may try switching to Zerg as the few times I've played as them I've enjoyed it greatly, especially the early game.

DRG won GSL!. GSL this season is fucking amazing.

really one of the coolest things about AoM was the god powers. There is nothing like thim in SC2, also in the AoM Xpack (rise of the titans i think?) the ability to summon an enormous fucking unit in the final age could completely change how the game was going to end, there is nothing like that in SC2 either. I like both, but I have always had a soft spot for older rts's, especially those set in the olden days.

now how bout some of you "pro" SC2 players duke it out in REAL RTS PVP SHOGUN TOTAL WAR STYLE! (I kid I kid, although, i think the total war series has a much more in depth rts experience than any other)

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    really one of the coolest things about AoM was the god powers. There is nothing like thim in SC2, also in the AoM Xpack (rise of the titans i think?) the ability to summon an enormous fucking unit in the final age could completely change how the game was going to end, there is nothing like that in SC2 either. I like both, but I have always had a soft spot for older rts's, especially those set in the olden days.

now how bout some of you "pro" SC2 players duke it out in REAL RTS PVP SHOGUN TOTAL WAR STYLE! (I kid I kid, although, i think the total war series has a much more in depth rts experience than any other)
    It's different kind of RTS. SC/SC2 are old school style that you have to work on your mechanic to be good at it. Being smart alone won't carry you so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    MacGuffin released 3 videos with walkthroughs on how to beat the "Starcraft Master" map which Blizzard made, I think most people are running into issues between round 21 to 30 so I'm just going to link the video here.

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my drawings from Zooc today, effin' awesome!

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    That game is insane. MVP fucking won everything in 2011.
    NesTea basically threw the game, though. Makes more than 100 banelings and then basically doesn't do anything with them?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    NesTea basically threw the game, though. Makes more than 100 banelings and then basically doesn't do anything with them?
    Yeah, Nestea didn't handle late game well but you can't take anything away from MVP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I got my drawings from Zooc today, effin' awesome!

The Guys is a good artist, Better than me but nothing*special, Reminds me of some of the kids at school that were good at art - his images look like a*young*person just learning art would do , maybe a 15-16 year old*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Yeah, Nestea didn't handle late game well but you can't take anything away from MVP.
    Heh, I agree, but I think that they pretty much said "well, whatever, IM gets the win regardless of who takes it," and NesTea just decided to dick around all game. Can't really explain countering drops with banelings, making 100+ banelings, and then trying to nydus them into a base any other way
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/459...der_-3_12_2012
    All this stuff, and still no LaN support

Can someone explain this to me,

When you expand, what is the purpose of splitting your workers? What's the difference between 2 workers at each of 2 bases and 4 workers at 1 base? Is it just a safety net to make sure you don't instantly lose all of your economy if they attack your main?