Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I'm pretty sure the stop key is a global command, where as the create probe button should only be limited to the Protoss set, so he should be able to change them without an issue?
    Well he has probes set to S at least he did in WoL, but the nexus has a stop command for no real reason. So if he makes build probe to S it global removes the stop command from everything else.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Well he has probes set to S at least he did in WoL, but the nexus has a stop command for no real reason. So if he makes build probe to S it global removes the stop command from everything else.
    Oh, he wants to use S for making probes, but still use S for stop command elsewhere? Hmmm... I don't think you can get it to work that way. He'd have to use a different universal stop button.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Oh, he wants to use S for making probes, but still use S for stop command elsewhere? Hmmm... I don't think you can get it to work that way. He'd have to use a different universal stop button.
    That's dumb because a nexus doesn't even need a stop command.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamdwelf that makes zero sense. It only has an escape command for stop production, double check with your friend so that he actually hasn't accidentally binded it to S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    It could be because the nexus can now have a weapon with photon overcharge?

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    It could be because the nexus can now have a weapon with photon overcharge?
    Well yeah thats why it has a stop command which is dumb, but is there a fix for this?

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 11:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Gamdwelf that makes zero sense. It only has an escape command for stop production, double check with your friend so that he actually hasn't accidentally binded it to S.
    S is the global command for stop for all units. With hots nexus got one because it can attack and you can't change it without fucking up the stop command for all units in the game.

My friend wants to be able to make make probes with S and it still be stop command cus liek wtf does nexus need stop command for anyway, is there anyway to just get ride of a global command on a single unit?
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2013-03-27 at 11:11 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah thats why it has a stop command which is dumb, but is there a fix for this?

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 11:08 PM ----------

S is the global command for stop for all units. With hots nexus got one because it can attack and you can't change it without fucking up the stop command for all units in the game.

My friend wants to be able to make make probes with S and it still be stop command cus liek wtf does nexus need stop command for anyway, is there anyway to just get ride of a global command on a single unit?
    There is probably a simple fix to this. I'll have a look tomorrow, I'm going to bed now (I have yet to play Protoss in hots, therefore I don't know right away).
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

There is probably a simple fix to this. I'll have a look tomorrow, I'm going to bed now (I have yet to play Protoss in hots, therefore I don't know right away).
    If you find one let me know, I want to play with my friend and I'm way more into SC since HotS, but he won't play until key binds are fixed.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

If you find one let me know, I want to play with my friend and I'm way more into SC since HotS, but he won't play until key binds are fixed.
    That's a poor excuse to not play a game. There are plenty of people who whilst found it odd, annoying, strange or miscellaneous but they adapted quite quickly it it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so when it comes to the keybind matter:

If your friend wants to build probes with S (why would he want that anyway???) he obviously can't have the stop command on the same button. The keybinds won't allow this by default with the way blizzard designed their keybinding for Starcraft. I know, it may seem retarded the way they designed it but that's what we gotta deal with.

After trying different things for a good 15min without any real success I must say I can't solve the matter either. There is no way to bind S to exclusively build probes now (without removing the standard stop command). Tell your friend to switch to E or similar, or quit the game if he so insists.

But yeah seen from his perspective I can understand that a stop command for the nexus is retarded and redundant. Does it really cancel a probebuild if you hit it while building one?

Deleted
    This is absolute brilliance! Building only marines and going against psi storms, and choking yourself...

Ok so when it comes to the keybind matter:

If your friend wants to build probes with S (why would he want that anyway???) he obviously can't have the stop command on the same button. The keybinds won't allow this by default with the way blizzard designed their keybinding for Starcraft. I know, it may seem retarded the way they designed it but that's what we gotta deal with.

After trying different things for a good 15min without any real success I must say I can't solve the matter either. There is no way to bind S to exclusively build probes now (without removing the standard stop command). Tell your friend to switch to E or similar, or quit the game if he so insists.

But yeah seen from his perspective I can understand that a stop command for the nexus is retarded and redundant. Does it really cancel a probebuild if you hit it while building one?
    Yeah he probably just won't play. He started playing as terran and made workers make on S for all 3 races, just to make it easy. Then when he decided to play as protoss, he has been using S to build probes for over a year on ladder getting to diamond. He says its a huge over sight by blizzard and he won't play or buy LotV until its fixed.

And no the only reason it has a stop command is because you can turn your nexus into a cannon with the mother ship core, and that is the only time it ever gets a stop command.

Funny thing is even if you hold down the S key while your nexus is a cannon it will continue to fire, like the stop key is not even there.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    This is absolute brilliance! Building only marines and going against psi storms, and choking yourself...

I horribly suck at this game in MP but that is brilliant. xD

Promoted to diamond
    Screw protoss, zerg is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah he probably just won't play. He started playing as terran and made workers make on S for all 3 races, just to make it easy. Then when he decided to play as protoss, he has been using S to build probes for over a year on ladder getting to diamond. He says its a huge over sight by blizzard and he won't play or buy LotV until its fixed.

And no the only reason it has a stop command is because you can turn your nexus into a cannon with the mother ship core, and that is the only time it ever gets a stop command.

Funny thing is even if you hold down the S key while your nexus is a cannon it will continue to fire, like the stop key is not even there.
    No offense to your friend but he seems... "insert words that mods on this forum dont like"

And yeah. I thought of that aswell. Nexus keeps fireing... I think it will only stop if you tell it to attack friendly targets and then hit S, otherwise it will behave like all units and attack by default.

Mutalisks, Mutalisks everywhere.

Deleted
    I really wish there as an option to play multiplayer on slow or at last normal speed. Being locked on fast makes it about who has better keybinding and micromanaging skills and faster reflexes instead of having better strategy.

Still, the campaign was fun. I expected something really cheesy and cliche or the typical Blizzards "being mortal is so much better!" theme but was positively surprised that Kerrigan actually seemed to want to be the Queen of Blades without being evil and accepted it. I really hope she will get to stay as the leader of the swarm in the end and have Jim accepted it and go from there instead of putting the broodmother whats-her-name in charge and being human again as a "reward".

So the story was pretty good. The missions were varied and werent as annoying as in the original game where everything was times and you couldnt advance in your own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I really wish there as an option to play multiplayer on slow or at last normal speed. Being locked on fast makes it about who has better keybinding and micromanaging skills and faster reflexes instead of having better strategy.

First off, could you add the [spoiler]<insert text here>[/spoiler] tags around the story so that people who haven't played it just yet don't have to read what you wrote. ^^

Secondly, with regards to the actual quoted session, keybinding and micro become pretty much muscle memory. You get so good at it that you can alter your tactics (StarCraft always felt RTT more than RTS, always smaller scale), still on a moment's notice. Your strategy for the course of the entire game flows identical to what it would over two people playing on Medium, it is still just as crucial in pulling it off. And a person with Vision will win against a person without. A lot of the people coming over from Brood War had this problem, they'd definitely out APM people on StarCraft II, but were still losing top tier games because win vs. loss isn't measured in APM.

It does have a skillgap to overcome, most certainly, but even when you see the pro's APM levels, how much of those are just padding? How many of those actions are completely irrelevant both in micro and macro play, but done just for the sake of an APM count.

Much like any activity, as you get more fluent with it, it becomes second nature. One that trains themselves how to type on a keyboard (or even make a call on a payphone) without looking at the buttons, does so from muscle memory. It becomes subconscious thought, and with practice, your skills in StarCraft II regarding micro and keybinds do exactly that.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    Mutalisks, Mutalisks everywhere.
    Move fast, high self HP regen and splash damage. Thus excellant for drive-by harass. What's not to love?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is SC2 + all xpacs worth the purchase, just to play campaign? I've been putting off getting SC2 because of how big the learning curve is. I watched a few videos of the new expansion pack and it looks really fun. Would the 70 or so dollars be worth the investment just to play the single player?