Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilobolus View Post
    Bah, that's pretty lame that people maphack so high in the ranking. Pretty much guaranteed that you'll get caught though since a lot of people review the games that they lose to figure out WTF went wrong, especially if they get countered perfectly every time. Demuslim took it pretty well though and laughed it off. I can imagine a lot of people going into a blood boiling rage after losing to a map hacker.
    I don't think i've seen Ben rage ever tbh. The way he destroyed him the next games he had with him was brilliant. The 2nd time he got him, the maphacker denied it at first, then admitted to it. Then the third time, in a massive display of stupidity, the guy completely denied he was the same guy. Despite having the same rank, level and portrait.
    The maphacker was actually rank 16 Gm, and after Demuslim actually watched his replays you could see the guy was clearly barely out of diamond if at all. Don't need skill, just need to know what your opponent is doing all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    I don't think i've seen Ben rage ever tbh. The way he destroyed him the next games he had with him was brilliant. The 2nd time he got him, the maphacker denied it at first, then admitted to it. Then the third time, in a massive display of stupidity, the guy completely denied he was the same guy. Despite having the same rank, level and portrait.
    The maphacker was actually rank 16 Gm, and after Demuslim actually watched his replays you could see the guy was clearly barely out of diamond if at all. Don't need skill, just need to know what your opponent is doing all the time.
    Yeh watching those replays when he selected a unit in the FOG OF WAR i was gone. XD

I don't understand why you would cheat, especially at that level as those players always review their games to figure out what went wrong. funny enough that guy gets rumbled

Deleted
    Yeah was hilarious. best bit was he didn't have "Deny whispers from players not on friends" or whatever the option is, turned on.

So he had about 2000 people whisper him to say "Nice maphack m8 rank 1 GM inc" etc.

Yeah was hilarious. best bit was he didn't have "Deny whispers from players not on friends" or whatever the option is, turned on.

So he had about 2000 people whisper him to say "Nice maphack m8 rank 1 GM inc" etc.
    Deserved the abuse tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Deserved the abuse tbh.
    Yeah totally. No sympathy for Bm'ers and Maphackers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching through the other maps after the first game now where Demu stomped him... that just makes me sick and sad. Why do people do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    To get undeserved wins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    To get undeserved wins
    I get that. But why?

Not like I expect you to be able to answer that question
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    I get that. But why?

Not like I expect you to be able to answer that question
    Just so they feel better about themselves really. They can brag that they do well at the game without having to actually try. Though I think just about anyone on here wouldn't feel terribly proud of themselves for having to cheat against other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    A brief chance to play some Starcraft. Just seen my new house (which I don't get to help move into which I really wanted to do, cos moving vans come on monday and I go to uni on sunday...) and oh my god that house is epic as fuck, I'd never seen it before but parents bought it whilst I was at uni.. But I'd expect it to be for £900k. That's about 1.1mil in Euros and 1.4mil Double cheeseburgers with fries.. I mean Dollars.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Merlin wtf do your parents do for a living

That's a lot of cash.

Altho I guess... with current values... I used to live in a £600k house when I was younger.

Also it's friday! Anyone up for gaymes?

10+ Year Old Account
    They're retired They're 53 and 51. My dad used to be Head of International Product Development for JP Morgan, believe that was his job title - or something similar. I don't really know what that means but I told a friend who's interested in how banks work and job titles and her jaw dropped. My mum worked for Aviva. They both worked in London so basically that whole saga of "bankers bonuses" and "silly pay packets" was what they came home with. I don't know the different tiers of banking but I know exactly how banks work and funds and risk management and how to profit pretty flawlessly, which is a major bonus for the rest of my life because most people have to go through school for this.

I kinda realised shortly before my dad retired how it was when he came home and was like "Had to go chat with Jamie again, we're both just agreeing how you can only work in a business like this for so long as it's so tough". Jamie (Dimon) has a ~$23 million paypacket. When you're casually chatting to someone like that you think O.o

When I found out my parents were buying this house my dad found it really funny how he made the estate agent almost faint when she asked what they're doing with this house we're living in now and he said we're keeping it, she seemed a bit taken aback, then asked what we're doing with mortgage and my dad said he'd just transfer the entire lot over whenever, no need for one. Having just bough a £50k Jaguar XF 3.0 Premium Luxury (>.>).

https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...YnZho&sadssc=1

Honestly we get men 40+ years old knocking on the door sometimes to talk/ask about the car. Men are attracted to it like moths to a flame.

Gona take some pics of this house when I go there again in an hour, just move some stuff over like the fish tanks as we rented a van for some preliminary stuff we didn't wana put in a removal van.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-04-19 at 05:12 PM.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilobolus View Post
    Just so they feel better about themselves really. They can brag that they do well at the game without having to actually try. Though I think just about anyone on here wouldn't feel terribly proud of themselves for having to cheat against other people.
    I personally don't even do multiplayer but I honestly would be proud of myself beating a high bronze or low silver level player even if I had to use a maphack to do it =/

So to answer the question why people do it: they want to feel better about themselves. Using a crutch to get ahead doesn't really matter to some people as long as they're actually getting ahead. Not that I'm condoning it. Just pointing out what might be going through their heads.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-04-19 at 07:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Started playing Zerg, couldn't beat the protoss elite AI. Sadface -.- Was holding my own but was merely expanding like a Protoss, and not putting enough pressure on him as lings are basically paper. Then discovered he had like 7 bases (as did I though having said that, had so much creep its unbelievable). Ah well, sad thing is even saying that, if I'd gone Ultras or Brood Lords (had same problem I did with toss at first, not enough T3 units, relying on simple ones) I woulda won. Might try it on unranked ladder see how I do against a gold level player.

Deleted
    You almost can't outmacro the elite AI towards the late game. You need to deny expansions like a mad man because they can and will get 8 bases by 14 minutes.

The key to beating the elite ai seems to lie with infestors imo. It doesn't know how to split, so you can fungal the fuck out of them and follow it up with muta fly bys or transition into Ultra/Ling off the infestors and win that way Either way you cant just sit back and leave it alone.

I was watching the stream too. I saw the same barcode protoss map hacking against Catz a day or two before Demuslim. Catz also suspected he was using blink hack and some type of focus firing hack. His micro wasn't that good but his blinking back of injured stalkers was so money. In the game chat Catz accused him of map hacking which he admitted too and also said he had 15 banned accounts. He's either a liar, stupid, or has alot of disposable income, but that barcode Protoss is definitely a map hacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

Deleted
    That's the same thing he said to DeMuslim about the accounts btw, so it's probably the same guy. same portrait too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard does take it seriously. He will be gone soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is a large pile evidence then it'll be really quick. A lot of people without video evidence against them get sorted really quickly so a guy with plenty of evidence will be gone so fast it's scary.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-04-19 at 09:16 PM.

Deleted
    Depends. They may just get him in a banwave like they usually does. Though i'm sure if they're pressured by several pro players he won't last long.