Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    guys i have a question about dem chickens
    do you stack as much haste as you can
    or is there some sort of cap ?

I'm not sure exactly what the cap is with DI, but there's little point in going beyond 3102 without, as that's the last DoT breakpoint that is reachable and Wrath hits the GCD during BL at this point. This assumes the 5% spellhaste raidbuff, but it's kind of hard not to have that as a 'kin without doing something terribly wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what the cap is with DI, but there's little point in going beyond 3102 without, as that's the last DoT breakpoint that is reachable and Wrath hits the GCD during BL at this point. This assumes the 5% spellhaste raidbuff, but it's kind of hard not to have that as a 'kin without doing something terribly wrong.
    Currently you either use haste parts (boots, bracers,belt) to reach the 3102 breakpoint or you use the alternative mastery/crit pieces IF you get DI, not because haste is useless but because the alernatives are Heroic loot with more Intellect. There is no other reason people stop close to 3150something haste. Not because mastery is better, not because haste loses value but because there are no other options without sacrificing more Intellect.

Haste is your best stat period.

Hello guys, created my acount here just to ask for help. My dps is ok I guess, but there's always room to improve, and I wanna know if you guys can help me. I'll post a link with my guild World of Logs, I'm in all those logs. keep in mind that I raid with DI on me and focus magic.

www worldoflogs (dot) com/guilds/147481/

please remove spaces and put the dot there, since this is my first post I can't put the link

keep in mind that I'm just a normal mode raider, no intention at all into going into heroic modes.
    Last edited by Azrok-; 2012-01-20 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    Hello guys, created my acount here just to ask for help. My dps is ok I guess, but there's always room to improve, and I wanna know if you guys can help me. I'll post a link with my guild World of Logs, I'm in all those logs. keep in mind that I raid with DI on me and focus magic.

www worldoflogs (dot) com/guilds/147481/

please remove spaces and put the dot there, since this is my first post I can't put the link

keep in mind that I'm just a normal mode raider, no intention at all into going into heroic modes.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/147481/
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Azrok/advanced

Your logs seem pretty much fine to me (not much experience in them though :P )
    For gear: .
    The relic. Why?
    If you plan to stay on Normals get the crafted bracers for a nice chunk of haste.
    Once you get the T13 legs, change the chest to the Resto one for even more haste.
    Volcano doesn't appear reforged in the armory. Get to is asap.
    You are a bit over hit cap but can be fixed after getting the right relic.

And welcome to the forums

I got that relic because at the time I needed the spirit for my hit.

And I didn't reforge Volcano because I can't get to the next haste breakpoint right now with my gear, so I figured it was better to just leave it with the pure mastery. Should I really go all out haste like that? What I'm doing with my reforges right now is trying to stay at the 2322 haste breakpoint and then just going mastery.

And thank you

Didn't see this interesting section.

Hey there my Moonkin friends,

to be honest I am a casual, freetime, fun moonkin and I'm almost Resto the whole time. But when it comes to playing a second specc I want to perform as good as possible. That said I feel that I'm doing something terribly wrong since DS hit the servers. Currently our group is trying to kill Ultraxion HM and we 2 Heal it, but my DPS is kinda low compared to the other one, eventhough my equip is at 390 (some pieces resto). I read the guide here and on elitist jerk and dont' think that I'm too dump playing this specc. So what I want you to do is to give my some advices on how to improve my playstyle or equip or anything.

Amory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...eokan/advanced (a little bit better than in the logs)
    Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=7264&e=7502
    (Yesterday I was arround 26k dps)

None of those 2 links you posted are working for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrok- View Post
    I got that relic because at the time I needed the spirit for my hit.

And I didn't reforge Volcano because I can't get to the next haste breakpoint right now with my gear, so I figured it was better to just leave it with the pure mastery. Should I really go all out haste like that? What I'm doing with my reforges right now is trying to stay at the 2322 haste breakpoint and then just going mastery.

And thank you
    Can I just make something clear now before more people post. HASTE IS THE BEST SECONDARY STAT. It doesn't matter if you cant hit the next breakpoint it is STILL the best secondary stat. Sure you're going to want to stick int gems in +10 sockets instead of possibly yellows when going for a cap but in terms of relics, trinkets, reforges, boe bracers, you want the HASTE option.

The reason you see boomkins with less haste after the 3102 cap is NOT because they don't like haste anymore! Its because the belt of ultraxion and bracers of morecoch etc have a lot more int on them and they can still hover round the cap (impossible to reach the next one). It's NOT because wrath is becoming GCD capped in heroism etc, that just lowers the relative value of haste to still better than mastery.

---------- Post added 2012-01-21 at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brother View Post
    Didn't see this interesting section.

Hey there my Moonkin friends,

to be honest I am a casual, freetime, fun moonkin and I'm almost Resto the whole time. But when it comes to playing a second specc I want to perform as good as possible. That said I feel that I'm doing something terribly wrong since DS hit the servers. Currently our group is trying to kill Ultraxion HM and we 2 Heal it, but my DPS is kinda low compared to the other one, eventhough my equip is at 390 (some pieces resto). I read the guide here and on elitist jerk and dont' think that I'm too dump playing this specc. So what I want you to do is to give my some advices on how to improve my playstyle or equip or anything.

Amory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...eokan/advanced (a little bit better than in the logs)
    Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=7264&e=7502
    (Yesterday I was arround 26k dps)
    You need to post the full URLs, also if you've got a resto shaman with a dps OS or even a priest with a shadow OS that might be better, boomkins have poor single target dps.

Cool, and thank you. I'll run my toon on wowreforge.com and just put as much haste as I can then. I guess it'll be something like 25xx if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Noetical View Post
    Can I just make something clear now before more people post. HASTE IS THE BEST SECONDARY STAT. It doesn't matter if you cant hit the next breakpoint it is STILL the best secondary stat. Sure you're going to want to stick int gems in +10 sockets instead of possibly yellows when going for a cap but in terms of relics, trinkets, reforges, boe bracers, you want the HASTE option.

The reason you see boomkins with less haste after the 3102 cap is NOT because they don't like haste anymore! Its because the belt of ultraxion and bracers of morecoch etc have a lot more int on them and they can still hover round the cap (impossible to reach the next one). It's NOT because wrath is becoming GCD capped in heroism etc, that just lowers the relative value of haste to still better than mastery.

---------- Post added 2012-01-21 at 01:09 PM ----------

You need to post the full URLs, also if you've got a resto shaman with a dps OS or even a priest with a shadow OS that might be better, boomkins have poor single target dps.
    I'm sorry, here the full Report, still Normal Ultraxion, but I just want to now if I'm doing something wrong concerning the rotation, also Ultra Hm isn't much of a change

Link
    Last edited by Brother; 2012-01-21 at 04:00 PM.

Hum, looks fine to me. And no, Ti'tahk isn't going to help, nor is Lightning Rod normal going to be a noteworthy upgrade. Just stay with what you have.

Semi-recently switched to Boomkin from my shadow priest. Wondering if someone could comb through my gear/logs and make any suggestions.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llkin/advanced
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u6aihjv1b6wvthlt/ (latest logs)

Keep in mind I did these fights without a few pieces of the gear I have on now, as I put them in after raid. Also, I did forget to prepot on occasion, I'm bad.

Deleted
    Not much to remark about your gear. If you follow the mmo and or EJ balance druid guide(rotation) you should do ok. In order to actually max your performance you need more play time on your moonkin and experience in the DS fights prolly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother View Post
    I'm sorry, here the full Report, still Normal Ultraxion, but I just want to now if I'm doing something wrong concerning the rotation, also Ultra Hm isn't much of a change

Link
    Ok first off you were unfortunate in that the fight lasted only 3.57 minutes, meaning you only got off 3 starfalls. If it had been 25 seconds longer your dps would have been a little better

But now onto the confusing part... your solar eclipse uptime is really off or you're not casting wrath enough in solar; its pretty confusing. Your Wrath 'should' be the highest dps spell especially when glyphed (guessing it is as starfall is being cast every minute). Are you spamming sunfire in solar or something like that?

You didnt use treants?

Only two of your mushrooms hit, make sure you place them nearer the boss. You can also cast them during HoT then implode them at the next solar for a little dps boost

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Driizy View Post
    Armory = battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Driizy/advanced
    logs = worldoflogs.com/reports/46v3uhxrg5p54muj/

i dont get DI as our fire mage gets it

Also wondering if normal titahk is better than the main hand off hand i am using or if i should go with normal lightning rod

Thanks driizy
    Fire mage shouldn't be getting it, asfaik they should be getting 1500 haste and switching to crit which is basically reached with this tiers gear off the bat. Tell the warlock hes doing it wrong

---------- Post added 2012-01-23 at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cellion View Post
    Semi-recently switched to Boomkin from my shadow priest. Wondering if someone could comb through my gear/logs and make any suggestions.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llkin/advanced
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u6aihjv1b6wvthlt/ (latest logs)

Keep in mind I did these fights without a few pieces of the gear I have on now, as I put them in after raid. Also, I did forget to prepot on occasion, I'm bad.
    Replace the rag trinket with vp one to hit that haste cap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noetical View Post
    Replace the rag trinket with vp one to hit that haste cap
    Is this viable yes? i have been thinking about this and is the 300~intell loss worth the haste cap?

Deleted
    In terms of single target DPS (so ignoring stuff like tendons on Spine Heroic, etc) you're looking at about a 200 DPS loss if you swapped out the Rag trinket. Hitting the next haste cap isn't worth the int loss. Numbers via Wrathcalcs.

[edit] However, it is better than your DMC: V by about ~260 DPS. [/edit]
    Last edited by mmoc5b62db1c89; 2012-01-23 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecton View Post
    In terms of single target DPS (so ignoring stuff like tendons on Spine Heroic, etc) you're looking at about a 200 DPS loss if you swapped out the Rag trinket. Hitting the next haste cap isn't worth the int loss. Numbers via Wrathcalcs.

[edit] However, it is better than your DMC: V by about ~260 DPS. [/edit]
    Hmm good to know, thanks. I'm assuming any level of DS trinkets will be better as well right? I think I'm the only one who needs Insignia/Will now.

10+ Year Old Account
    hi i just wonder what i can do better, if there are any big mistakes I'm doing, i feel that I'm doing fine just that i also feel that i could of course do better.
    WoL /reports/rt-tiesmcelpghnqzxs/details/7/?s=108&e=415

cheers!
    edit: wrong link
    Last edited by Caprisonne; 2012-01-23 at 06:47 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Need some moonkin advice to pick up my deeps. I used to be fairly competative in dps in firelands, now in ds it seems im getting blown out of the water, and now its in my head that im doing something wrong.

WoL: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/r87rn...ses&boss=55689
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iesheen/simple

I know im missing gems and enchants, I just got those and never got a chance to gem enchant before I had to go to work. In the log attempts, all my gear i was using was gemmed and enchanted.