Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Is this updated for 4.3?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's honestly not much that needs to be changed, so yes it's pretty much updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Do you use an addon to track enrage?

I'm trying to apply the rotation in the guide, but I'm finding too many empty GCDs on the dummy, because I'm not enraged when RB is ready. I want to use Berserker Rage, but I'm struggling to judge it right.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post

I'm trying to apply the rotation in the guide, but I'm finding too many empty GCDs on the dummy, because I'm not enraged when RB is ready. I want to use Berserker Rage, but I'm struggling to judge it right.
    You can use WeakAuras, Power Auras Classic or pretty much any aura tracking addon for this, but I've got BR bound to a button just next to RB and press it real quick should my enrage wear out just as I want to use RB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that the patch is out, few changes:

Hit is pretty much better than Crit until 19%

Incite 3/3 could be better than Deep Wounds 3/3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll make an update to this in about a week or so, waiting to see if we get any further significant hotfixes, but yes there will be some changes. With the 4.3 nerf and the revelations around deep wounds I do wonder how our damage could be on a satisfactory level.
    Last edited by Aurora; 2011-12-04 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post

I'm trying to apply the rotation in the guide, but I'm finding too many empty GCDs on the dummy, because I'm not enraged when
    RB is ready. I want to use Berserker Rage, but I'm struggling to judge it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    You can use WeakAuras, Power Auras Classic or pretty much any aura tracking addon for this, but I've got BR bound to a button just next to RB and press it real quick should my enrage wear out just as I want to use RB.
    I worked out what was confusing me, Deathwish also counts as enrage. So using TellMeWhen I am now tracking: Deathwish, Enrage, Beserker Rage; and doing much better because of it.

I think these are the only enrage mechanics in play.

---------- Post added 2011-12-05 at 12:22 PM ----------

Next question is about AoE rotations.

What I'm currently applying is:

- WW on CD
    - BT fishing for Slam
    - Slam on proc
    - Avoid RB like the plague
    - Cleave when rage>80

I'm assuming free slams mean that BT+Slam fishing is generating rage for me, allowing the maximum use of Cleave; but I do suffer from low rage at the moment.

Am I doing it right?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like a solid rotation. Fury AoE isn't particularly satisfying and is very intensive on rage at present. It's often best avoiding an AoE rotation unless there's a very large group of mobs, smaller groups substituting HS for Cleave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deep Wounds 3/3 would still be better than Incite 3/3 unless it was a just a single-target fight, so Ultraxion.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great guid and thanks to all who have posted!

However I was wondering if anyone could explain why hit is now superior to crit up until you have 19% hit,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranktank View Post
    Great guid and thanks to all who have posted!

However I was wondering if anyone could explain why hit is now superior to crit up until you have 19% hit,
    That is just the current theory when you gain Tier 13 2piece. The proposed new stat priority is Hit >= Crit > Haste > Mastery for TG, though it still needs a lot more testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the top parsed Fury in DS do appear to be running with a high hit build of 16-17%. The theory behind the hit benefit with the 2-set bonus is the proposal of increased benefit for rage generation. I've also heard suggestions for 3/3 Incite builds being optimal now which strikes me as an over compensating backlash to the reduced importance of deep wounds although as Sinner said its early days and little is concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    That is just the current theory when you gain Tier 13 2piece. The proposed new stat priority is Hit >= Crit > Haste > Mastery for TG, though it still needs a lot more testing.
    Don't you mean Hit >= Crit > Mastery > Haste for TG and
    Hit >= Crit > Haste > Mastery for SMF

I mean I'm no expert and somethings may have changed, but I thought SMF wanted Haste while TG wanted Mastery?

And to be clear I should keep Crit > Hit > Haste > mastery (for SMF) until i get 2 piece t13 right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    Don't you mean Hit >= Crit > Mastery > Haste for TG and
    Hit >= Crit > Haste > Mastery for SMF
    No I don't, I meant exactly what I wrote. Mastery hasn't really *lost* much value, but rather Hit & Haste have gained much more value.

I mean I'm no expert and somethings may have changed, but I thought SMF wanted Haste while TG wanted Mastery?

And to be clear I should keep Crit > Hit > Haste > mastery (for SMF) until i get 2 piece t13 right?
    TG wants Haste > Mastery now at higher levels of gear. And yes to your final question.

No I don't, I meant exactly what I wrote. Mastery hasn't really *lost* much value, but rather Hit & Haste have gained much more value.

TG wants Haste > Mastery now at higher levels of gear. And yes to your final question.
    Ya I didn't mean that in a rude way, sorry if it came off like I did. I just wasn't sure because this new info contradicted what was said in the guide.
    Thanks for the info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya I didn't mean that in a rude way, sorry if it came off like I did. I just wasn't sure because this new info contradicted what was said in the guide.
    Thanks for the info.
    Mhm, it's fine Stick to the guide for now, I armoried your warrior and with your gear level the current stat priorities listed in the guide is solid.

Deleted
    Mhm, it's fine Stick to the guide for now, I armoried your warrior and with your gear level the current stat priorities listed in the guide is solid.
    I actually got curious now as well because this was the first I had heard of about the stat change. Can you give an approx. when one should make the stat change?

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be switching your stat priority once you get your T13 2pc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    You should be switching your stat priority once you get your T13 2pc.
    Cheers for that.

Anyone do any solid math on Soul Drinker's DPS as SMF? On target dummy's I'm losing a very small bit of burst dmg when all CDs are popped compared to TG but over all sustained over a 5 min fight I'm coming out almost dead even. The soul drinker proc is accounting for 4% of my overall dmg done. I'm sitting on 11% hit in both specs. I'm MS prot but had acquired two of them this week and was curious to see how many proc's I'd be getting.