Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure about this Origin, however I am getting BF3 and then need origin anyways. However, when I loged into my origin account, my swtor preorder was there.
    (I have the CE btw)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    How else do you plan to get into early access except to download it? How do you download it? Origin is the only place. Gotta follow the logic to knowledge brother.
    No. Read my post on the first page. Read any and every dev comment on the issue. This is not true.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Not sure how that is relevent, doesn't mention where you download the game from at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    on the subject of the Gear Customisation change..
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=531903

Thread on it from the official board... If this is true *nothing offcial to it yet* then... yeash that's pretty lame, the gear modding system was one of the main things I was looking forward to, I liked the idea of being able to find an armor set that looked JUST how I wanted my char to look, and then modding the crap out of it, so it would still be viable for use in high end play.

Is it a dealbreaker? No of course not, but it DOES set a fairly shitty precedent (dumbing down unique parts of the game to appease the general windowlicking populace) which is a bad bad thing, and could easily snowball.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Only one: If they added micropayments for loot.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't like micro-transactions in a subscription game. In a F2P game I have no issue with them whatsoever. Since I haven't heard about them currently having micro-transactions in the game I won't cancel my pre-order, but I will cancel my subscription if it makes it in at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffaa View Post
    Blasphemy! Beta means you have been chosen by the force to undertake a holy quest. To not want it you...you...you...are a nerf herder.
    Lol for me its just like, hey its 3 months away so, ill just pass and and wait to spend my week(supposedly) in early access

10+ Year Old Account
    Most items aren't moddable, and you get them in raids. But there are a couple items with no stats but slots to put mods. Those items are for example iconic clothes, things people really want, like Obi-Wan Kenobi's costume. Similarly, if you want to dress as a Sand People or wear Leia's slave dress, while still boosting your stats as you level up, you should get yourself crafter friends.
    To me, this sounds like it was translated, as well as taken wrong. This is basically what was said previously. I'd have to guess that the first 2 lines are not what was meant.
    Every item is moddable by replacing an existing mod with a mod of the same type. Almost every item has mod slots, as that is what gives the item stats. Some items have open slots for you to put whatever you want in there.

Not sure how that is relevent, doesn't mention where you download the game from at all.
    You download from the SW:ToR site just like you download the beta and like how you can download WoW from the WoW Site.

I am curious where you are getting your information about downloading it from the SWTOR website? Can you source that? Why would they set it up to be downloaded from two different places? That makes no sense.
    That is like saying there is no reason to be able to download a PC game from Steam and D2D why not only have 1 place.

Your SW:ToR account that you log into the SW:ToR Site is an EA Account and can be used on Origin downloader that is why when you add your code to the SW site your game shows on the Origin downloader.

So Yes 2 ways to download,
    1) A download link on the ToR Site that will not be that big and will install the SW:ToR Client and it will do the rest of the work.

2) Origin downloader

Hope this helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it just can't be worse than the MMO that I've been playing the last 7 or so years, which I grew utterly tired of.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

nope! nothing at all!

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being in beta right now, i can honestly say NO WAY would i cancel my preorder! I don't think anything could prevent me from enjoying this game for a long time.

Nothing at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here you go (Origin debate)

Originally Posted by krookie
    Thank you for the clarification, Stephen. I have one more question, will we have to install Origin and run it in order to play the game, get updates, etc. even if we purchase a boxed copy?

No, you won't.

While Origin will be the exclusive digital retailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic (in other words, if you want to buy it online and download it, you’ll do so through Origin) that does not mean that Origin is required for you to access or play The Old Republic.

Origin is a digital storefront, and the desktop application is there to give you quick access to Origin exclusives and deals.

However, you won’t need to launch the Origin application to run The Old Republic, nor will you patch the game via Origin. Once the game is on your hard disk, you’ll be connecting to our servers to patch and launch the game, and Origin does not have to be running to do that.

To answer another question - boxed versions of the game will include the client on DVD(s).

What do people have against Origin again? lol
    Because it is in beta and people don't realize bugs and issues come when things are in beta's I am glad the same people didnt get into SWTOR beta or they probably would not buy it when they see a bug here and there and they think beta = demo

How ever I have been using Origin and had zero issues
    (█████████████████████ΞΞ██ΞΞΞ██ΞΞ█████████████████████)
    Ghost -- Jedi Consular -- Shadow -- Infiltration 8/31/2
    {Scheduled Raids | Organized PVP | Community Oriented | Helpful to one another | Team Speak provided | Website}
    Why wait Join today! still recruting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    To me, this sounds like it was translated, as well as taken wrong. This is basically what was said previously. I'd have to guess that the first 2 lines are not what was meant.
    Every item is moddable by replacing an existing mod with a mod of the same type. Almost every item has mod slots, as that is what gives the item stats. Some items have open slots for you to put whatever you want in there.
    I'm hoping the same.

Someone put forth the reasoning that BW couldn't perfect the modding system and with launch now fixed and fast approaching BW decided to scrap the whole mod system and simplify it to be ready for launch. Normally I don't buy into theories but I have to say the more time goes by without DE or GZ 'correcting' that official Bioware interview the more plausible that theory becomes.

A few months back in the original MMO champ TOR thread I moaned about how simplistic I believed the TOR stats to be. SWG has over 100 stats you can adjust/choose from. Infinate combinations. Not one combo that fits all but 8-10 'suggested combinations' for every single class and infinately more than that if you wanted to experiment. In TOR the suggested stats are 2 per class. Aim+Endurance (BH) or Willpower+Endurance (Sith Inquisitor) etc. I moaned that they were catering to the knuckle draggers. I was reassured by many on this forum that the 'Modding System' would have some complexity/variation to it. If now that system is indeed gone then this is one step closer to being a HelloKittyInSpace MMORPG.

In before the 'it's not like that in Beta' line. If they removed the old modding system in September, testers wouldn't see it in their build until November (according to the '2 months behind' testing rule).

Hopefully a storm in a teacup and a case of a French interviewer misunderstanding Daniel Erikson. We'll find out monday I guess.

/Fingers crossed it was a typo

Quote Originally Posted by Scetch View Post
    I do not think that WoW is MT heavy at all. When you're ingame, you have 0 adverts or ingame vendors that try to get you to shell out money for stuff. I tried out lotro once, and the first thing they promoted was their store. So I ignored the store and started questing, when suddenly I got to a questgiver who told me I had to buy a quest chain. Totally shocked I exited the game and promptly uninstalled.

WoW does have a bunch of mini pets and mounts that you can buy, but if you don't explicitly go to the official website, you won't have it shoved into your face. Also, there are like 100 mini pets that are easily obtainable in WoW, many of them just as cool as the purchasable ones, so I do not think that you have any right to QQ about Blizzard making a few purchasable ones...
    eh, this is a thread about what would bother you enough to cancel your preorder, and I stated my opinion about one of the things that would lower my outlook on the game, though it isn't enough to get me to not but it. Saying I have no right to my opinion is a little silly, but I reckon you can have your opinion about mine if ya want.

Only thing that would make me cancel my pre-order is if i went to jail, my house exploded with me in it and i had to go to the hospital (which i still may not cancel my pre-order) or I die...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Here you go (Origin debate)

Originally Posted by krookie
    Thank you for the clarification, Stephen. I have one more question, will we have to install Origin and run it in order to play the game, get updates, etc. even if we purchase a boxed copy?
    No, you won't.

While Origin will be the exclusive digital retailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic (in other words, if you want to buy it online and download it, you’ll do so through Origin) that does not mean that Origin is required for you to access or play The Old Republic.

Origin is a digital storefront, and the desktop application is there to give you quick access to Origin exclusives and deals.

However, you won’t need to launch the Origin application to run The Old Republic, nor will you patch the game via Origin. Once the game is on your hard disk, you’ll be connecting to our servers to patch and launch the game, and Origin does not have to be running to do that.

To answer another question - boxed versions of the game will include the client on DVD(s).
    I think we know you don't need Origin to play the game, but that quote still doesn't clarify whether you need Origin to download the head start. From most of the official posts the only way to get it digitally is through Origin, which is the only way people will be getting into the head start, digitally. (you won't have a boxed copy when the head start err... starts). I've tried searching for an official post saying the head start does not require Origin to DL but I can't find it. I hope someone can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. What could make me cancel is exactly what's being done in beta atm.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.