Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    aaaaaaaaaand here it is !!! Blizzard method to sell in game gold. Didn't they fight chinese farmers that sold in game gold ??? now i can trade 10dollars for 100k gold if i want
    Implying people are willing to spend 100k gold on a Poptart-less Nyan Cat.

and so it begins.. starts with pets then works its way up to mounts and soon it'll be armor/mount dyes and then armor itself. All while wow is still $15 a month..

Blizzard gold store open for business...Wish they'd implement a way so I can get some real money for my gold. I'll never get round to spending it all before GW2 gets released...

Deleted
    So this is the way they intend to break the community to money for in-game gold transactions...

Deleted
    I think it's cute! Nice idea too, haters gonna hate...

What this is comming to... its just a way to sell gold really, they dont even try to disguise it lol
    Wrong. Blizzard is not selling gold. They are selling an item which can be sold for gold at the AH. No gold is coming from Blizzard with this item.

The economy won't change at all with this new item. Some players will earn a few thousands gold while some people will spend thousands of gold. Blizzard may as well have added this item to be obtained in game - and made it trade-able with same results.

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post
    and so it begins.. starts with pets then works its way up to mounts and soon it'll be armor/mount dyes and then armor itself. All while wow is still $15 a month..
    It have stayed with services, pets and mounts for a while now. Most other free to play games does not even sell armour for real money, I really doubt Blizzard will be one of the first to do so in a MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    You have missed the point.....by about 10 miles.
    How exactly? Or are you clueless about the fact TCG mounts have been sellable on the AH for a long time now, and that they still haven't been a great way to sell due to the costs?

It's been around for a long time, and yet that STILL haven't any adverse effects on the game. Whoop-de-shit. You ride on a chicken...that does Nothing. Whoop-de-freakin-do, you got a baby boomkin. That does NOTHING.

If this is actually LOOT, like armor and weapons, that people are 100 times more interested in than Nyan Cat, than it would be a problem. But this is not the case. You're freaking out over another In-Game Non-Combat pet that does nothin but show off your position when you're in stealth. Look at the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoomkin View Post
    You're upset over a pet...a non-combat pet that you could get through either Gold or money...that you don't NEED to have on your character to improve him in any way, shape or form.

Quitting over something optional that doesn't have any impact on you is probably the dumbest thing I've heard. Don't want it? Don't freakin buy it.
    The point is this IS effectively blizzard selling gold. Yes for something that doesn't impact characters relative power but still...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post
    Actually, they started with a mount.

And yes, you are still only paying $15 a month. How much has something like movie tickets gone up over the last 7 years ?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    so this means you can actually buy gold legally? awesome..

Blizzard is like the best troll for introducing this service. I can't stop coming back to this thread (and the other one on the official forums) now just to see how people bite the bait so eagerly.

So we're finally able to buy gold from blizzard by selling this pet on the AH Sick.

Deleted
    Yes Blizzard finaly admits that they want players to spend real cash for virtual cash. And ofcourse. Yet another overpriced micro-transaction system. I know enough people who will buy it straight away already!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoomkin View Post
    How exactly? Or are you clueless about the fact TCG mounts have been sellable on the AH for a long time now, and that they still haven't been a great way to sell due to the costs?

It's been around for a long time, and yet that STILL haven't any adverse effects on the game. Whoop-de-shit. You ride on a chicken...that does Nothing. Whoop-de-freakin-do, you got a baby boomkin. That does NOTHING.

If this is actually LOOT, like armor and weapons, that people are 100 times more interested in than Nyan Cat, than it would be a problem. But this is not the case. You're freaking out over another In-Game Non-Combat pet that does nothin but show off your position when you're in stealth. Look at the big picture.
    There are plenty of very good posts on this forum that explain the problem, I suggest you read them.

best part will be the fact that people bitching the most about this service are going to be the ones to own the pet first.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    still waiting on our Diablo-esque auction house where we can buy items for real money. >.> it's clearly inevitable at this point.
    Diablo 2 had a massive 3rd party market, so the Diablo auction house effectively killed all the gear sellers in Diablo, no way Blizzard would ever implant it in WoW though (as a real money auction house in WoW would kill more profit then it's worth).

No, I'm not a fanboy, I've looked into buying SW:ToR (though I'm not gonna get it), and will probably get GW2 and play it alongside WoW.

There are plenty of very good posts on this forum that explain the problem, I suggest you read them.
    Not in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    The point is this IS effectively blizzard selling gold. Yes for something that doesn't impact characters relative power but still...
    No they are not. Gold still needs to be gathered. They are not adding Gold into the game like the US prints dollar bills.

Someone still needs to get the gold and buy the pet, and the amount of gold that will sell for that pet depends on what the person will be willing to pay for.

If 10 bucks is easier for me to get than 20,000 gold, you can bet your ass I'd be buying it with money(in the event if I am interested in buying it...which I'm not). If you only get 200 gold for the nyan cat, then good going. You spend almost a month's worth of play time on something that could be gathered in a few hours of gaming. You effectively wasted money on something stupid.

Mark my works, tradable mounts.

Deleted
    Whilst I actively distrust Blizzard's motives these days any time real cash or any form of privacy is involved, I'm not sure the back-door gold selling claim holds up in this case - at least, not in regards to the large scale gold sellers that hack accounts and "farm" gold.

For this to work, the gold seller would have to have a way of receiving the real money. But they don't... Blizzard receive the cash.
    The best an organised gold seller could hope for is to receive a novelty pet that has no use to them other than to sell on for more gold (that they already had in the first place).

The only impact I see is for gold sellers is when real players who may have gone to them instead buy the pet and sell it to another real player who has a lot of gold.

Or did I miss something? Is there some convoluted way a traditional gold seller can end up with real cash?

Personally I don't like it anyway. It's a continuing erosion of people expectations, the ever increasing idea that there are some things that it's okay to spend "extra" cash on, blurring the lines between what is acceptable and unacceptable towards the day when P2W becomes that next tiny step.

I used to have great respect for Blizzard, it's integrity and it's ethics regarding it's player base ... now I don't.
    Last edited by mmoc34c3f2f484; 2011-10-11 at 12:02 PM.