Me (restosham) + Friend (class)? doing 2v2

Heya.
    I'm mainly a pve'er, but enjoy some pvp when I have the time.
    Now, me and a friend (who definitively has the time) wanted to try some 2v2.

I will be playing a shaman, I have the gear (prox 4,1k resi) ruth. and vic. gear,
    to go as either resto or elemental.

My friend have all classes at lvl 85, and all of them whith full pvp sets.
    All of them at around 3,5+ resi.

My question is simply what class should he try out to start with?
    He says he feels comfortable playing them all.
    None of us have any arena experience.

And, should I go resto or elemental. My pve experience is mostly as resto.
    I also have acess to some iLVL 391 items from Firelands if those by any chance
    would make me perform better in an arena match.

Thanx in advance for your time. =)

Get him to play a DK and win

Quote Originally Posted by Dugler View Post
    Get him to play a DK and win
    Sorry but DKs are pretty squishy, especially in a 2v2 format, it can work but it wouldn't be an instant win/top choice. I would suggest warlock or warrior. I did some 2s with a ret paladin and went ele, and it was pretty faceroll. Between his WoG and my heals, it was hard to knock us down.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

I play resto shaman hunter and its pretty fun, however we've faced some pretty mean shadow/ele and resto/affli teams

Personally I'd just go with whatever you find most fun, resto shamans are pretty OP at the minute so you should get pretty high

Deleted
    I've been playing as a Retribution Paladin with my Restoration Shaman friend, it has been working out alright. We do very well against 2 DPS, since we both outlive them until I manage to kill one of the DPS, the second one goes down easily.

Usually when we meet another team of Healer/DPS it becomes an enourmous endurance fight, we had some timeout.

A Warrior instead of a Paladin might be better for the extra damage.

If your friend is decent on his warlock then I would definitely say run affliction lock resto shaman. Frost dk resto shaman would be my second choice.

Deleted
    Affli lock.
    /thread

*EDIT: Ele drowns in 2s. As simple as it is, don't even bother trying it. Ele does actually have a chance in 3s (played a classic LSD this season but we never got anything higher than 2.2k...)
    Last edited by mmoc7168d263de; 2011-10-11 at 06:12 PM.