Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumash View Post
    Sorry about the delay, I was just able to log a LFR ultrax where I ate the hours and I am the logger, which might improve abilities showing up.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=470&e=715
    There's actually not a whole lot to complain about here, MS/OP/Slam usage is where it should be. Heroic Leap used properly.
    HS could probably be a little bit higher. 4t13 CS proc overwritten a few times by manual CS.
    Cooldowns in the start wasn't fully synced with Golemblood (a couple of seconds missing), didn't matter much here but it matters more in fights where you'd use Reck in the start as well.

Should have been able to use Berserker Rage one extra time, maybe Inner Rage as well.

All in all you did a very good job in this log and this stuff is just minor improvements.

Whoranzone already answered your second question but I'd also add to that that I usually use the "buffs cast" instead of the "buffs gained" tab because that way you only get buffs that you personally applied (which results in a muuuuuch shorter and easier to read list). Sometimes you may be looking for other things that won't show up in "Buffs cast" (like tricks of the trade), in those cases you'll have to resort to "buffs gained" anyway.

Thanks again for your help with my dps. I have noticed my HS usage is very low compared to other warriors, but I feel that I am using heroic strike whenever i can (rage permitting). Do you use a tracker for battle trance? do you just pool rage for Inner rage spam? Logs I compare myself to are usually 8/8 heroic warriors, and they seem to get double the hs i do, without falling behind in slams and op and ms.

my HS usage is very low
    Without having done any in depth analysis I'd say you are overusing slam. Just took a quick glance over the longer ultraxion hc tries and there in the longest you basically casted as much overpowers as slam which pretty much can't be that right. On a couple others you are even ahead of op casts. Even the lfr kill showed that you used more slams than ops.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-04-05 at 03:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks again for your help with my dps. I have noticed my HS usage is very low compared to other warriors, but I feel that I am using heroic strike whenever i can (rage permitting). Do you use a tracker for battle trance? do you just pool rage for Inner rage spam? Logs I compare myself to are usually 8/8 heroic warriors, and they seem to get double the hs i do, without falling behind in slams and op and ms.
    I have a little icon that lights up when Trance procs. I don't pool rage unless IR is like a couple of seconds away, there's not a lot of room for pooling with a "rage cap" of 75. Usually the biggest issue is that people lose rage when they swap stances, combating this is often the best way to improve HS usage.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    On a couple others you are even ahead of op casts. Even the lfr kill showed that you used more slams than ops.
    This is working as intended. If there's a free global and it won't rage starve you the global should be filled with Slam.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    This is working as intended. If there's a free global and it won't rage starve you the global should be filled with Slam.
    I don't see how you'd get as many free gcds unless you don't use cs or leave out a couple executes. I can see the number of uses coming rather close to maybe nearly equal but overtake them doesn't sound usual.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-04-05 at 03:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on how many Sudden Death procs you get but it's really not that uncommon to have more Slams than OPs.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3329&e=3633.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...itter/advanced
    I was wondering what I could do to fix my dps. 1 week I did 41k on Ultraxion. In the recent weeks I have been having trouble breaking 40k.

It depends on how many Sudden Death procs you get but it's really not that uncommon to have more Slams than OPs.
    Every once in a blue moon in my rotation TfB will be proccing a bit behind the global cooldown, and CS will not be up, at which point i use slam. Sometimes this happens when MS will be the next ability in my rotation and i therefore 'miss' an overpower, even though i dont miss any TfB procs

Hello, this is my first post in the warrior section :P

I play a warrior in Dunemaul-EU and I am currently doing progression in Spine HC. I have read a few posts and this seems by far the most interesting thread in this forum, so I would like to clear a few doubts about my performance on Ultraxion HC, and I would also like to learn how to analyze WoL parses the way you guys do because I honestly feel like I'm missing out on something.

Well, first here is the parse: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6605&e=6891

I don't think that my dps was too bad, but according to my Simcraft I should be aiming for somewhere around 47k (47428.3 to be precise). If my calculations are correct, my mortal strike usage was somewhere around 4.9s, my overpower was roughly 6.8s and so on. Is my dps acceptable taking into account my ilvl 398 and am I using my abilities correctly?

To add a few things about this fight, I was happy with my >20% phase where my dps actually increased quite a bit, my execute priorities are always worked around my MS usage, such that I never delay an MS but I want to build up my executioner buff quickly. Also to note, I didn't use berserker rage once which is terribad, and on the third hour of twilight I equipped my shield and 1 hand weapon and used defensive stance to be able to use shield wall, which might explain the trough where I did less than 20k dps.

Finally, is the advanced CS usage of 4 abilities also worth it for arms?

Thank you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    I play a warrior in Dunemaul-EU and I am currently doing progression in Spine HC. I have read a few posts and this seems by far the most interesting thread in this forum, so I would like to clear a few doubts about my performance on Ultraxion HC, and I would also like to learn how to analyze WoL parses the way you guys do because I honestly feel like I'm missing out on something.

Well, first here is the parse: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6605&e=6891
    I'll consider making a short (or maybe extensive) guide on how to analyze logs.
    Until then you'll have to make do with what you get.

MS/Op looks ok.
    Slam looks slightly low.
    You're using Heroic Leap, that's great, you can squeeze in more uses though.
    On the kill you overwrote 80% of your 4t13 procs by using manual CSs.

You're right regarding Berserker Rage so I won't comment more on that.
    You don't seem to be using dps potions.
    You're using your reck too early, with only one use per fight you should wait until the Execute
    phase starts, ideally with Deadly Calm before it so you're full of rage when you use Reck.

Your dps is definitely acceptable.
    Yes, you can increase your dps by using the technique you're talking about, especially in the execute phase.
    It can be done outside the execute phase but unless you can pull it off flawlessly you're not going to see any
    dps increase and I don't recommend doing it.

I'll consider making a short (or maybe extensive) guide on how to analyze logs.
    Until then you'll have to make do with what you get.

MS/Op looks ok.
    Slam looks slightly low.
    You're using Heroic Leap, that's great, you can squeeze in more uses though.
    On the kill you overwrote 80% of your 4t13 procs by using manual CSs.

You're right regarding Berserker Rage so I won't comment more on that.
    You don't seem to be using dps potions.
    You're using your reck too early, with only one use per fight you should wait until the Execute
    phase starts, ideally with Deadly Calm before it so you're full of rage when you use Reck.
    Thanks Lohe, very appreciated that you took your time to analyze my dps, but could I ask you how I can fit in more slams? I try to work around my MS cd and it just feels like I can't use any more slams. It just seems weird that my mastery is my 3rd most damaging ability, and how is my HS usage? According to Simcraft it should be my 3rd ability accounting for 12.5% of my total dps.

As for the golemblood potion, I can guarantee you that I always use 2 potions for Ultraxion so I really don't understand why this says I didn't use potions.

Sorry for bothering you Lohe, I just want to improve. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    What I do is that I count how many abilities you used that are on the GCD, then divide the length of the segment I am using at the moment by the amount of on-GCD abilities you used. The value that you get should be a third of the MS frequency (since MS should be every third ability used). If it isn't close, that means there are unused globals somewhere and since the use of OP was where it should be the conclusion is that there are Slams missing. The bigger the difference the more abilities there are missing.

Your HS damage could be higher, but you also need to consider that your HS crit% was not that high in this log, because of incite it's usually over 50% with decent gear. Additionally, if you ran the simulation for an Ultraxion Style encounter you also need to keep in mind that that fight runs for 6 minutes, whereas your fight didn't even last for 5 minutes. This is important because the last part of the fight is the most intense on raid damage which means more rage and more HSs.

I had a look at the log browser and you did indeed use a potion, it just doesn't show up unless you also use a potion while already in combat. You must have missed using the second potion for this fight.

Also, if questions bothered me, I wouldn't be in this thread

Hey Lohe, I was wondering if you could take a look at my last Ultraxion kill log and see if there's anything that I can do to improve? I thought I was doing alright, but I recently pugged with another warrior who completely DEMOLISHED me (no logs of that unfortunately), so I think I must have overlooked something basic.

Here's the link to the log: worldoflogs.com/reports/7i52n2jtd4z42zd4/details/10/?s=2362&e=2663
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Laundryslayr/simple

Also, how do you normally check if OP usage is in the right place?

Lohe I was under the impression that reck+lust was superior to saving it for execute phase (due to more potential gurthalak procs with bloodlust).
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaundrySlayer View Post
    Hey Lohe, I was wondering if you could take a look at my last Ultraxion kill log and see if there's anything that I can do to improve? I thought I was doing alright, but I recently pugged with another warrior who completely DEMOLISHED me (no logs of that unfortunately), so I think I must have overlooked something basic.

Here's the link to the log: worldoflogs.com/reports/7i52n2jtd4z42zd4/details/10/?s=2362&e=2663
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Laundryslayr/simple

Also, how do you normally check if OP usage is in the right place?
    MS/OP looks to be in the right place. Slam is a bit low.
    Avoid Heroic Throw unless you reeeeally know what you're doing, it is almost universally a dps loss because it resets your swing timer.
    Heroic Leap looks good, as does Colossus Smash.

Berserker Rage/IR was used a decent amount of times, although it could be slightly better.
    Regarding CD usage, with only one Reck you want it at the end, during Execute, preferably with 5 stacks of Executioner up.
    If you really want to use Reck in the start, it should be used faster after your first DC so it can benefit more from
    your pre-pot than it did during this fight.

There are two ways to check OP use, the easiest way is to select a pre-execute phase portion of the fight, check how many
    TfB procs the player had and then compare that number to the amount of OPs used. The second way is to divide the length of
    the fight by the amount of OPs used. A result of 6-6.5 is generally acceptable, the first method is better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Lohe I was under the impression that reck+lust was superior to saving it for execute phase (due to more potential gurthalak procs with bloodlust).
    Seeing as you gain 25% haste during the Execute phase because of the talent I'd consider it highly unlikely, I understand the argument though.

Thanks Lohe! Yea, I sorta get the feeling that I might be using HS a little too much over Slam...I'll try to adjust my rage usage accordingly. I was sure that I was almost able to hit a button every GCD, so at the same time, not too sure where to fit them in.

Main reason that heroic throw got used was that I was about to hit Heroic Will anyway so I figured....why not? (Does your swing timer reset anyway when you enter/exit safe zone anyway?)

As for Reckless in the beginning, that was a byproduct of having BL to start off as well as not straining our healers with the increased damage taken towards the end. I think that with the recent nerfs anyway, that probably isn't as much of an issue nowadays, so I'll also try to adjust accordingly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaundrySlayer View Post
    Main reason that heroic throw got used was that I was about to hit Heroic Will anyway so I figured....why not? (Does your swing timer reset anyway when you enter/exit safe zone anyway?)
    It does not reset when you use heroic will, the timer will keep on ticking but you won't actually swing until the stun wears off.

Deleted
    Wanting to improve my figures even more, anyone see any gaps in the Ultraxion and Madness fight?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/umqob5w6yv40hn3q/

Quote Originally Posted by Sikkbass View Post
    Wanting to improve my figures even more, anyone see any gaps in the Ultraxion and Madness fight?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/umqob5w6yv40hn3q/
    One DC/BF in a 4:45 fight, should have had 3, reck used at beginning instead of execute phase, no potion or prepot, overwrote 4pct13 proc 2 times with manual cs, only used heroic leap 3 times out of a total possible of 5, doesnt appear to be using heroic leap during CS either, slam usage was low.

Thats about all i can spot, didnt really look at maddness

15+ Year Old Account
    One DC/BF in a 4:45 fight, should have had 3, reck used at beginning instead of execute phase, no potion or prepot, overwrote 4pct13 proc 2 times with manual cs, only used heroic leap 3 times out of a total possible of 5, doesnt appear to be using heroic leap during CS either, slam usage was low.
    I'll just use this as a basis for my post.
    DC/BF was used twice, it just only shows once because the logger was phased out when the second set was used, still missing one use over the fight though. The same applies to the potions. A pre-pot was used but it never shows in the buff frames unless a second potion is used AND the logger is not phased out when the use of the second pot occurs. The logger was phased out here. Two pots were used during the fight.

This is why I really prefer it when people log themselves instead of relying on others to do it.

The reck falls a bit outside the use of the pre-pot, try using DC earlier if you go for an early reck so you can fit the reck in. This is in addition to what Grumash said about saving it for the Execute phase.

MS/OP use looks good. Slam does indeed look low. (P.S. you were really not lucky with crits in this parse!)
    To confirm what Grumash said about HL. Only one Heroic Leap was used when CS was on the target, save it until CS is there.