Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zviff View Post
    simcraft says i should be doing 26k or so. tonight on heroic butcher, i pulled a whopping 18k and i have no idea why my dps was that low. similarly geared pally in raid was doing 25/26k. i cannot link my world of logs until ive posted a few times, apparently. it would be listed under end of legends on gilneas. player is zvifflemeyer. heroic butcher 1/8/2015

- - - Updated - - -

got a few pieces, ilvl is now 662. still cant reach what sims said I should be doing. was at 657 or 659 when i posted. this is post is to just help me get over the limit so i can actually link parses or anything else for that matter
    Spent a couple minutes looking over your log, so this won't be too detailed, but here's a couple notes:

Only one charge - should be using charge every knock back, or heroic leap if high on rage.
    Avatar over bloodbath - this fight is great for avatar, lines up with CD/Lust at start, and again at execute range, noticed a significant difference when I made the switch
    Wildstrikes seem high - are you putting higher dps weapon in offhand? You took sudden death, so higher dps weapon should be in mainhand, as far as I know.
    Enrage uptime at 72.6% - This is a big one, and kind of out of your control outside of saving berserker rage to keep it up.

Really about all I can tell right now. Hope something helped.

EDIT: Compared armories, and you appear to have a higher base crit than I do (I know you said you got a couple upgrades since then) and my uptime of enrage on our last kill was 93.45%. Also a comparison of .19 raging blow per second compared to your .125, so chances are it relates to your enrage uptime.

Also, during execute, do not neglect raging blow, as it is more damage per rage than execute.
    Last edited by greenbay924; 2015-01-09 at 07:22 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zviff View Post
    simcraft says i should be doing 26k or so. tonight on heroic butcher, i pulled a whopping 18k and i have no idea why my dps was that low. similarly geared pally in raid was doing 25/26k. i cannot link my world of logs until ive posted a few times, apparently. it would be listed under end of legends on gilneas. player is zvifflemeyer. heroic butcher 1/8/2015

- - - Updated - - -

got a few pieces, ilvl is now 662. still cant reach what sims said I should be doing. was at 657 or 659 when i posted. this is post is to just help me get over the limit so i can actually link parses or anything else for that matter
    For people looking for the logs, here is a link until he can link for himself.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fh01raeyzsojr3jn/
    Armory
    Haste only feels good to classes that truly benefit from it though. Can it be +Amp instead? Anything else really.
    "Classes that truly benefit from Haste" means... Everyone except Warriors. (And we're going to fix that.)

Deleted
    I think im doing to low DPS on Butcher.
    Simcraft results are around 26k.
    eu.battle . net /wow/en/character/destromath/Felago/advanced
    I tried to choose Avatar to push out a maximum on Execute phase.
    Various Logs:
    warcraftlogs . com /reports/pNtLGdMBRDyTHQhv
    warcraftlogs . com /reports/DFNTY3kAxHXmtn6j#fight=10
    warcraftlogs . com /reports/kXMPbVthHLmQdKvB#fight=7

I cant post links^^
    You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times.

Deleted
    Hello,

I've always considered myself decent, but when I got smashed by another fury warrior on Ko'ragh 10 ilvls lower than me my ego took a hit. Please help me rebuild my ego.

Here's my armory - eu. battle . net/wow/en/character/nordrassil/Braddon/simple
    And here is the log of the fight in question - warcraftlogs . com/reports/BP48xHt6kDYaG7v3/#type=summary&source=1

Please mind the links, as this is my first post.

Noticing that my enrage uptime is almost at 80% - shouldn't it be higher?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzill View Post
    Hey yall,

My guild is currently wrapping up our heroic progression and looking to move onto mythic next week. However I'm really starting doubt my dps contribution and don't want to be what holds my guild back during progression nights. I'm currently a 657 Gladiator warrior (armory) I've read many guides trying to squeeze out as much dps as possible but I still seeem to be coming up short. Simcraft has me sitting about about 25k patchwork style boss and I have trouble reaching that even on cleave fights like twin where I should shine. I myself feel two main problems, I think my opener is really low dps compared to others, and I'm not exactly sure why that is.

I pre pot armor potion
    charge
    pop enrage bloodbath troll racial
    shield charge shield slam
    revenge heroic strike
    devastate spam
    shield slam when I can
    spam heroic strike at 4+ stacks of US

Other then the opener I feel like my dmg is really inconsistent, on some pulls maybe just because RNGusus granted me many shield slam procs I'm getting closer to the numbers I expect, on other pulls not so much, even within the same fight.

I have no problems getting 2, or 3(if I'm lucky) shield slams in a shield charge window
    I feel like i have the APM for the heroic strike spam and never really get rage starved from it

Here are a few of my logs from the last two nights of raiding hopefully they can help shed some more light on my situation.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yaevxgk90ycxavfy/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2f4uyv6e8o0i45bw/

Thanks so much in advance for any advice you could give me I really want to improve but I'm running out of places to look I've read just about ever guide I can find.
    Hey there, I'm not an expert at reading logs but just a few things you can try.
    A lot of guides say you should pop BB/Trinkets on pull, I disagree.
    This is my opener separated into GCD's:
    -Prepot, Charge, Enrage
    -Shield Slam + Heroic Strike
    -Revenge (If your Shield Slam crit, Heroic strike again for free)
    -Devastate
    -Pop your CDs, Bloodbath + Dragon Roar + Trinket (mine are all macro'd together, takes up a GCD)
    -Shield Charge + Shield Slam
    -Devastate + Heroic strike (you can skip the HS here if you want to pool rage)
    Continue from there as you normally would.

It's a different take on openers, but its been doing wonders for me.
    So far my numbers have improved since using the opener, and its much less of a headache with rage management.
    The best part about it is you enter your first shield charge with a stack of Unyielding strikes, and adding a second stack the next GCD.
    It allows you to fit in a few more Heroic Strikes into your opener as well as entering your second Shield Charge at 4-5 stacks of Unyielding Strikes.

And you don't need to always wait until 4 stacks of US to spam HS, ideally you want to calculate your rage so that by the time you need to shield charge you're on X amount of rage based on your US stacks.
    An example: 2 Stacks on US, 40~ Rage
    3 Stacks on US, 30~ Rage
    If you're above that rage just dump in into Heroic Strike, so that way your rage is never going over 60 (you'll always go over 60 regardless because of shield slam crits, but you get the idea).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Deleted
    My guild is currently progressing through Brackenspore on mythic , below is my dps on our 1st Twin Ogron kill. My damage feels quite lackluster compared to other warriors of my iLvl , currently sitting at 665 pulling 20-24k cleave dps , that fluctuation in itself means that I'm doing something wrong.

My opener is -> do a complete rotation -> pops cds - > use MS and CS into bladestorm. Sometimes i wait on my cds a bit to make sure I cleave with bladestorm..... Should I be waiting for my procs to pop cds? I feel quite horrible at this warrior dps thing

My exectute phase dps feels kinda meh, lived untill there was 3.5mill left on the boss.

tinyurl.com/pzco4xj
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Houndstooth/simple
    Last edited by mmoc7fc2e012a4; 2015-01-13 at 05:57 PM.

My DPS is capping out well below where I feel it should with my gear. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm pre-potting for most Heroic Fights, and using another either alongside Bloodlust if it's not used at start, or with my Scabbard during Execute range. I've got TellMeWhen watching Enrage, and watching my Rage Bar, so Im not wasting rage, and I'm using Berserker when I'm not enraged and about to spend a bunch of rage. Am I just bad at this?

Armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Zeiss/simple

Two Recent Butcher Logs: (There are more logs there, just quick link to Butcher)
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/vCYHNfcgpqGmt4Wa#fight=2&type=damage-done
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/xjXJP4qkby89VWLK#fight=3&type=damage-done

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeiss1232 View Post
    My DPS is capping out well below where I feel it should with my gear. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm pre-potting for most Heroic Fights, and using another either alongside Bloodlust if it's not used at start, or with my Scabbard during Execute range. I've got TellMeWhen watching Enrage, and watching my Rage Bar, so Im not wasting rage, and I'm using Berserker when I'm not enraged and about to spend a bunch of rage. Am I just bad at this?

Armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Zeiss/simple

Two Recent Butcher Logs: (There are more logs there, just quick link to Butcher)
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/vCYHNfcgpqGmt4Wa#fight=2&type=damage-done
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/xjXJP4qkby89VWLK#fight=3&type=damage-done
    priorities look okay. talents are terribly wrong. Ravager single target is a no-no. should be using anger management. bladestorm same boat. Bloodbath or Avatar are both huge net gains single target. especially paired with AM

Deleted
    AM is a waste on butcher since the fight is not long enough.

We're currently progressing on mythic butcher and it feels like my enrage uptime sucks. I sometimes press berserker rage simply out of frustration because there's nothing else to do, even though I'm still enraged - but that's the point where 5 bloodthirsts in a row neither crit nor proc wildstrikes.

Wth am I supposed to do? My DPS fluctuates from 34k on our best pull to absolute trashy 25k. Would arms probably be better? Because Butcher would've been dead a couple times when my dmg wouldn't suck that much.

Here are some logs, but not all:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=3

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi there,

I feel a bit unsatisfied by my DPS on the Butcher encounter in Highmaul on Heroic difficulty. I went and looked at the ranked Gladiators for Butcher HC with a kill of 3 min 41 sec, to check the damage and ability usage. To my surprise the abilities used were closed to identical (I'm talking about casts). I then proceeded to check armories. What I found out was that my itemization was better. It is, though, worth mentioning that I got a few upgrades that night. I jumped to 662, up from 657, if I am correct. I also had a Knight's Badge at stage 1 instead of the Brackenspore trinket.

What I am most interested is to know as to why there is difference of up to 6k DPS from a Gladiator with worse itemization than I.

This is my log, and this is my armory.

Thank you in advance!

That gladiator had insanely good luck with his Gazing Eye trinket (1100 bonus armor). He had about 75% uptime on it during the Bloodlust on pull, and was able to line it up with every Bloodbath.

Also you only had 43% Shield Charge uptime. Try to get that up to 50%.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I'm searching for some kind of help for the warriors of our guild group.

We got 3 warriors, and all of them are not really doing sufficient dps. They got ~655 ilvl and in our last log, they averaged between 14-18k dps, below our warrior tank.

I'm not quite sure if its just the class performing not really well, or them doing something really wrong.

Would be great if anyone had some hints for us that help them to improve a bit.

here is the last log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&boss=-2

and here are the armory profiles:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...efiance/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Bluè/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Xayde/simple

thanx in advance!

Deleted
    Hello. So I've been trying to understand why I'm not getting the results I want to in Arms. I've only changed spec very recently and things aren't going well.

I believe I understand what I need to be doing, I mean, it's such a simple rotation, but the numbers aren't too great.

-----------------------------------

ILVL 661, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arithus/simple

Kargath 25K, Butcher 26K (Apparently 26k isn't bad for my ilvl, but I think I still get higher with fury)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=1

-------------------------------------
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2015-01-18 at 02:49 PM.

I feel like I am severely under performing for the gear I have. I try to follow the guides, rotations and threads from this site.

I am currently 669 in fury gear, but can only pull about ~25k on H Butcher which does not seem right at all. I should be doing 30k without an issue.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Walderp/simple

I have logs from a H Butcher attempt where I was i662.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=5&source=34

Butcher is not the only fight I seem low, but I figure it is an easy place to start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldoe View Post
    I feel like I am severely under performing for the gear I have. I try to follow the guides, rotations and threads from this site.

I am currently 669 in fury gear, but can only pull about ~25k on H Butcher which does not seem right at all. I should be doing 30k without an issue.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Walderp/simple

I have logs from a H Butcher attempt where I was i662.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=5&source=34

Butcher is not the only fight I seem low, but I figure it is an easy place to start.
    looks like it's down to cooldown management. it's quite possible to surpass simmed DPS on Butcher on all difficulties by ensuring you have a good execute phase, but your execute damage seems quite low. I did 29k on Butcher HC for example at around 660 item level, when I was simming around 26k. Execute is — aside from your opener — your highest potential DPS phase, so you should be hitting 20% with as much rage as possible without capping, recklessness, scabbard, bloodbath/avatar and your second strength potion. it looks like you're following these rules but presumably you didn't have Scabbard for the kill you linked, and you didn't use the second strength pot, plus you were Bloodbath rather than Avatar, all of which are contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    looks like it's down to cooldown management. it's quite possible to surpass simmed DPS on Butcher on all difficulties by ensuring you have a good execute phase, but your execute damage seems quite low. I did 29k on Butcher HC for example at around 660 item level, when I was simming around 26k. Execute is — aside from your opener — your highest potential DPS phase, so you should be hitting 20% with as much rage as possible without capping, recklessness, scabbard, bloodbath/avatar and your second strength potion. it looks like you're following these rules but presumably you didn't have Scabbard for the kill you linked, and you didn't use the second strength pot, plus you were Bloodbath rather than Avatar, all of which are contributing.
    Is avatar better for this fight? I do not see many of the top logged warriors use it or the guide on this forum recommending it.

Also, could I be messing up my opener as well?

Pre-pot -> Charge -> Scabbard -> Bloodbath -> Recklessness

Then into my rotation where in priority: Execute > Raging Blow > Wild Strike > Blood Thirst

Dropping a Ravager when I get a chance and using Storm Bolt on CD.

So my arms dps gets rated very badly on Warcraft Logs rankings. I'm clearly doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is.

Here is logs from heroic Twin Ogron last night.
    I generally go fury for most of the fights in HM (only Twins and Koragh for arms) because I seem to just suck at arms.

Here is my armory. My gear is the same for arms but I'm using the 655 sword from normal Imperator.

I'm trying to keep rend up on all targets (only 2 on twins), keeping sweeping strikes up when they are together, pooling rage for CS, etc. Any help or tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintr View Post
    So my arms dps gets rated very badly on Warcraft Logs rankings. I'm clearly doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is.

Here is logs from heroic Twin Ogron last night.
    I generally go fury for most of the fights in HM (only Twins and Koragh for arms) because I seem to just suck at arms.

Here is my armory. My gear is the same for arms but I'm using the 655 sword from normal Imperator.

I'm trying to keep rend up on all targets (only 2 on twins), keeping sweeping strikes up when they are together, pooling rage for CS, etc. Any help or tips would be appreciated. Thank you.
    I'm far for a cutting edge Warrior, but I can see a few things you could improve:

• Your weapon and trinkets (get scabbard, for realsies) are probably holding you back as Arms.
    • Bladestorm is better than Bloodbath for 2+ targets.
    • Your rend uptime could have been much better (78% and 70% respectively).
    • Same with sweeping strikes uptime, 69% - the bosses should be together for a lot more than 69% of the fight
    • it looks like you were Sudden Death over TfB, it's not a massive difference but the extra rage helps the last two points - rend and sweeping strikes uptime - as well as giving you more Whirlwinds.
    • You can glyph Thunderclap to make it nearly as effective as Whirlwind for half the rage - a minor thing, but every little counts.
    • Here's the big one for me: you didn't use Recklessness during Execute phase. Always hit 20% on Twins with CS and reck off cooldown, with ~120 rage, so you can use your strength potion, colossus smash, recklessness and fire off 4-6 huge executes with sweeping strikes duping it onto the other target. You can jump 10k DPS on shorter fights doing this. if you're tracking ICD of your darkmoon trinket you can save this combo so you're doing as much damage as possible. this is absolutely key to success as Arms right now.

Thanks squid, very insightful.

I was under the assumption that bladestorm only became better than bloodbath with 3 or more targets. I'll change up my spec.

Are there add ons to track dots like rend? I pretty much just use weak aura and dbm for PvE content.

Also, if I am understanding you correctly, I should be glyphing thunderclap and just using it as my rage dump instead of whirlwind?

I generally blow all cds at the start of a fight along with my prepot. I usually just use them again when they come up. I need to be saving them for execute phase then on pretty much any fight under 7 or 8 minutes.

Again, thank you, this is extremely helpful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintr View Post
    Thanks squid, very insightful.

I was under the assumption that bladestorm only became better than bloodbath with 3 or more targets. I'll change up my spec.

Are there add ons to track dots like rend? I pretty much just use weak aura and dbm for PvE content.

Also, if I am understanding you correctly, I should be glyphing thunderclap and just using it as my rage dump instead of whirlwind?

I generally blow all cds at the start of a fight along with my prepot. I usually just use them again when they come up. I need to be saving them for execute phase then on pretty much any fight under 7 or 8 minutes.

Again, thank you, this is extremely helpful.
    if I remember right there was some debate over Bladestorm earlier in the expansion, some were arguing for it being better, if not comparable on one target. it's not a massive DPS increase anyway but it's a huge quality of life increase over Bloodbath - if you're not pooling rage/saving CS/syncing with trinkets for Bloodbath it can do pretty sad damage, whereas Bladestorm is consistent damage, continues to auto-attack, pools rage, and lets you relax for 5 seconds. Bloodbath beating Bladestorm on two targets is a simmed increase because it requires perfect execution and doesn't factor in outside influences like dodging fire/charge etc.

you don't need to glyph thunderclap and use it, it's really not a massive DPS increase, but it's effectively a sub for whirlwind every 8 seconds that leaves you an extra 10 rage.

if you want to track rend there's a lot of ways you can do it, but I'd recommend the Arms weakauras in the big thread from this forum, they're really clean and intuitive to help you keep your rotation tight.

honestly the biggest increase you're going to notice is syncing reck and pot for the execute phase. what will help you is knowing how long the fight usually takes, so you know roughly how many times you can cast reck and plan accordingly. hope this helps!