10+ Year Old Account
    Spec Beast Mastery
    Item Level 569
    Expectations: I know I should be pulling more DPS then what I have. I have had some heroic Klaxxi attempts but pulling the most dismal numbers, even when I don’t get mutated at the start. Not sure what number I should be expecting but more then that
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ueira/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...HkWK7J#fight=7 (I was in the earlier logs, they replaced me with a much more geared Boomy)

Hey guys, so, I’m a Prot Pally switching to Hunter in heroic raiding. Although I know the fights from a tanking perspective, DPSing is just that little bit different. I know I wouldn't be pulling as much DPS as the other people in my raid as they are 580ilvl + and I’m just shy of 570 however, I still think I should be managing more than the DPS I’m pulling.
    Now, I do have the flexi Ticking Ebon Det, so should I be using that over this upgraded normal Talisman? I did play around with those trinkets last night and my better DPS was coming from the Talisman (I think)

Please help a sister out
    Last edited by Renface; 2014-06-12 at 10:38 PM.

you're under hitcap for a start, not even by a little either that's a full 0.15%

You're well in range to start reforging for haste since you have legendary, meta and ilevel 570

Having a quick look at your logs: it seems your pet is just passive a lot of the time? A typical BM log for single target will look like this: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...urce=6&fight=7

Pet melee almost always trumps everything else by a large margin mainly because of stampede.

Your damage breakdown seems to be your arcane shot is almost equal to your pet melee, which just seems wrong. On a single target fight it's usually:

1. Pet melee
    2. Pet basic attack
    3. Kill command.

This leads me to believe you are spamming arcane shot far too much and not optimising the amount of kill commands you can do which is very apparent in the logs because you're not even using half the kill commands possible in some of the attempts.

This leads onto your cooldown usage, you had 7 uses of BW in a 7min 21 attempt, that's at least 3 short
    20 glaives which could have been 29
    11 dire beasts which could have been 14

the list goes on.

I think if you just improve on the areas I've highlighted your dps could easily go up 100k

Deleted
    Looking at your logs your kind of missing some of the basics of BM. I am by no means an expert when it comes to BM so probably one of the top BM guys here can enlighten you more than I can but in the meantime:
    - You are missing a LOT of kill commands, 18 kill commands in a fight that lasts 4 minutes means that you are missing a lot of them. They are your number one prio to optimize!
    - Serpent sting uptime could be better, some fights you're around 95 some around 85, try to optimize this.
    - You are missing bestial wraths which is a huge decrease in dps, and btw make sure that you include 2 KC's in every bestial wrath you cast.
    - Just play surv, we have cookies and RNG Let the goat sacrificing begin!

As the two above me have said, make sure you prioritise your shots correctly. WAY too little KC's, way too many AS. As for pet control, simple way is the just macro /petattack into most of your spells, that way you make sure your pet is always attacking.

Code:
    d0tOjaGEiP6LIk1Rfvc7dsIzkL63sA2qCzWnfvshwQUTuCEkyNcSx0UfA)sWpHQQ)srJte60uzOsObRsz4Q4GIupwI6yqLJdf0cvvTurflwKSCQ6HsjEQYYKipNKTjitLstwuMoXffvDvOkpdsCDsTrvQ(SQSzvY2HuFeskFvujAAqPVtHgjuOVjcgnu04vvCsPKUfuvUMG6EqbwjKKoNQsdtenXrlxNwkCkopkjY1WLXLrlNhEUA0A4aCpFvF4uaYvXQlkC)43AXFU2o)Dlh850JzqgtXf1nwV79aVIb44CzCfbPWTGQu4wAr6LZfU4JdP2ZOLZxraA5A0iIJwkuOqHRmTmahTCx1OmhQdmaLWCzo1bPBWcFeUI5TfUfGFBHBPT20TK7wdqTcOkNokE37bEA5uhabjO3amaxcLcJcfop8C1O1Wb4e4JW5Y4(B1MNt8U3d80YjgoaNs6IwXPJaAikCDTu5kRvsTXetxgWjUgiJdqdrHlDzXvJfUHNQNcb40kWuhDc)50kWuDaeKGEdWFoTcmLU)bsoagQDEiJ)CQdGGe0BagGlHsHrHcNrxMGjVhQuySF)MqYVHqjuOKjMKx4dByURAu4YJGgVwlC7EnkCrDJ17EpWRyqjomb3dtH3dHnzyC4smjoSHlHdfSy5f(WMahsTNrlNwbMLr6kf)58veGwUgnI4OLcfoTcmJaAWZuCLr6kfTCkx8HaCyeVaB(COWPvGz5AtQUWFkC9SmN4QXoIP4DVh4v0YaC0YjE37bEA5edhGtjDrR4ovJGNlCsUt1i4nRhW3LQNdvWaoTcmpvJGN)CaAikCfRgbpNo6eUdiCkDkaneLPVUCF4mBj9SMZMohl3PAe8IHdWGsCkDkaneLIE4Y9HBfZ3UnxS3akAPWPJaAikCDTu50kWuhDc)50kW8uncEXWb4pxgKsFDznCaomMVDX741McNokE37bEA50rNWDaHcfkuyqjA5UQrzouhyakH5YCQds3Gf(iCfZBlCla)2c3sBTPBj3TgGAfqvoDu8U3d80YPoacsqVbyaUqjwkbkCE45QrRHdWjWhHt8U3d80YjgoaNs6IwXPvGP09pqYbWqTZdz8NRSwj1gtmDzaN4AGmoanefU0Lfxnw4gEQEkeGtRatD0j8NtRat1bqqc6na)50ranefUUwQCQdGGe0BagGluILsGcNlJRL2PZLCgDzcM8EOsHX(9Bcj)gcLqHsMysEHpSH5UQrHlpcA8ATWT71OWf1nwV79aVIbL4WeCpmfEpe2KHXHlXK4WgUeouWILx4dBcCi1EgTCAfywgPRu8NZxraA5A0iIJwku40kWmcObptXvgPRu0YPCXhcWHr8cS5ZHcNwbMLRnP6c)PW1ZYCIRg7iMI39EGxrldWrlN4DVh4PLtmCaoL0fTI7uncEUWj5ovJG3SEaFxQEoubd40kW8uncE(ZbOHOWvSAe8C6Ot4oGWP0Pa0quM(6Y9HZSL0ZAoB6CSCNQrWlgoadkXP0Pa0quk6Hl3hUvmF72CAfyQJoH)C6iGgIcxxlvUyVbu0sHtRaZt1i4fdhG)Czqk91L1Wb4Wy(2fVJxBkC6O4DVh4PLthDc3bekuOqHbOql3vnkZH6adqjmxMtDq6gSWhHRyEBHBb43w4wARnDl5U1auRaQYPJI39EGNwo1bqqc6nadW(9BOqu48WZvJwdhGtGpcN4DVh4PLtmCaoL0fTItRatP7FGKdGHANhY4pxzTsQnMy6YaoX1azCaAikCPllUASWn8u9uiaNwbM6Ot4pNwbMQdGGe0Ba(ZPJaAikCDTu5uhabjO3ama73VHcrHZLXTCnDl5MZOltWK3dvkm2VFti53qOekuYetYl8Hnm3vnkC5rqJxRfUDVgfUOUX6DVh4vmOehMG7HPW7HWMmmoCjMeh2WLWHcwS8cFytGdP2ZOLtRaZYiDLI)C(kcqlxJgrC0sHcNwbMran4zkUYiDLIwoLl(qaomIxGnFou40kWSCTjvx4pfUEwMtC1yhXu8U3d8kAzaoA5eV79apTCIHdWPKUOvCNQrWZfoj3PAe8M1d47s1ZHkyaNwbMNQrWZFoanefUIvJGNthDc3beoLofGgIY0xxUpCMTKEwZztNJL7uncEXWbyqjoLofGgIsrpC5(WTI5B3MtRatD0j8Nthb0qu46APYf7nGIwkCAfyEQgbVy4a8NldsPVUSgoahgZ3U4D8AtHthfV79apTC6Ot4oGqHcfku4qZaCyXLKcja
    Handy WA to tell you when your pet isn't attacking.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ns=2&by=source

Aside from not pressing the right buttons, you aren't pressing enough of them. There are big gaps in casts, and also quite a lot of wasted GCD's from what seems no be idling between casts too. You wanna make sure that you're always pressing something.
    Retired hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks so much you guys! I'm your typical noob hunter atm, was always my alt and never played it 'seriously' until now.

A couple of times, the pet was on passive because I wanted to make sure it wasn't pushing Prime over - I'll get used to it eventually. I had a feeling I wasn't KCing enough so thanks for the verification!

Will fix my crap up. Thanks so much everyone!

Nnug, tysm for the WA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeromus View Post
    The OCD in me can't help but notice "Explpsive shot" not Explosive Shot
    I'll fix that tomorrow, perhaps. Going to let you read it a few more times first.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinaa View Post
    Spec Beast Mastery
    Item Level 569
    Expectations: I know I should be pulling more DPS then what I have. I have had some heroic Klaxxi attempts but pulling the most dismal numbers, even when I don’t get mutated at the start. Not sure what number I should be expecting but more then that
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ueira/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...HkWK7J#fight=7 (I was in the earlier logs, they replaced me with a much more geared Boomy)

Hey guys, so, I’m a Prot Pally switching to Hunter in heroic raiding. Although I know the fights from a tanking perspective, DPSing is just that little bit different. I know I wouldn't be pulling as much DPS as the other people in my raid as they are 580ilvl + and I’m just shy of 570 however, I still think I should be managing more than the DPS I’m pulling.
    Now, I do have the flexi Ticking Ebon Det, so should I be using that over this upgraded normal Talisman? I did play around with those trinkets last night and my better DPS was coming from the Talisman (I think)

Please help a sister out
    Welcome to the Hunter club, I hope you like treadmills

Within 7 ilvls~ TED is a better choice to Haromms, you're better keeping the normal HT, and coining Sha non stop for a Normal/HC AoC along with Blackfuse for a TED (along with BiS bracers) Having a higher ilvl AoC is pretty huge, I went from a 548 to a 582 one and things felt so much smoother.

Pet choice is a factor in DPS, you had 2 mages so no need to run a Core Hound, Druid wasn't using faerie fire so unless my debuff knowledge is bad (usually is) nobody was applying Sunder. BM is mostly physical damage, so Sunder and the phys dmg taken increase thing are pretty sweet. I personally like using a Tallstrider for the 3 stacks of Sunder in an AoE

I'm in no position to criticize the KC usage since I played like absolute garbage last night, (poor KC usage, poor focus management etc >_<)
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...4&type=summary
    is a Malk kill of similar length, (3s longer)
    By no means a perfect log at all, far far from in fact, my SS uptimes were trash last night, KC usage was horrific, I was spaced out half the fights .-. but it should give you a rough idea of casts etc if you wish to compare. Kill Shot is pretty good, try to hit it whenever possible (I prio it higher than AS but lower than KC)
    Multishot when the adds are in melee to passively cleave them rather than hard switching, unless they have to die instantly, your raid has solid cleave so it's overall a marginal dps loss for you to hard switch on them instead of just letting your pet cleave em after theyre taunted in

Biggest problem seems to just be not hitting enough buttons. I encourage watching some of Azors recent VoDs when he has TrufiGCD enabled so you can get a feel for the buttonpressing, never a situation where you can not be hitting a button that does something beneficial to DPS (since we're on a 1s gcd hesitation = lost damage)

ps @ others: While i'm posting a log, besides the shitty SS uptime and poor KC usage/focus management that night, why is my damage low :< feels like at 581 i should be able to get more out of my gear, or does it boil down now to having good uptime and fast killtimes to ever break out of the 75-85 percentile band? ;_;

@Asiralol T_T why you hate me so much?

Said it yourself, missed 8 KC's, not amazing cape or trinket RNG.
    Retired hunter

Spec: Surv but looking to try BM?
    Item Level 586
    Expectations: I'm running Surv given my gear of the past, I've since gotten some pieces that would fill out a BM spec. Just evaluating if I should make a switch or if I'm doing fine for Garrosh H. Will explain more below
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ablis/advanced
    Warcraftlogs Link: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3KXraFbwT8jntmW7

Given I've played Surv for most of this tier, I stuck with it for Garry H attempts. I also never had TED be available to me throughout the tier so I never tried to switch hardcore to BM like people say you should. I now have a H TED 0/4 in my bags that I could upgrade to 4/4 next week (would presumably swap out HWF Haromm's) and reforge to haste.

And let me explain our current strat for the logs you'll be looking at. I'm on engineer duty (I set my pet to stay on garry while I do it) phase 1, phase 2 is normal in and out stuff leaving weapons on the outside with some dots (I fire a SS every now and then over there but mostly locks take care of it). We are 3 tank/4healing so we get 2nd transition and just AFK it. We get phase 2.5 and are getting to phase 3 with 2 whirls having happened. Phase 3 we've gotten to 4%, never seen phase 4. We possibly will try 2 tank/3 heal, lust in phase 2 to skip 2nd transition and phase 2.5. not sure, i'm not the raid lead/guild officership at this point.

I feel like though, I could probably help push my numbers further than what they are with BM single target. It would mean managing the pet for engineers and whatever else but maybe it'll come out better in the long term of Garry damage. If you all think its not worth switching to BM at this point, then any advice on Surv for the logs would be welcome.

Edit: Looks like I'm logged out in BM spec but you can see the Surv spec too. I did a 25m N garry pug kill to try to start working on BM. Didn't swap in any gear like the H TED though.
    Last edited by steveh; 2014-06-16 at 07:43 PM.
    Git Er Raid
    GM and RL for life

Deleted
    If you do stick with SV, you should definitely be using AMoC on that fight, especially since it has sub 20% phases. Also, Toth should trump fervor here, giving you more freedom to DoT multiple packs in totjs transition, as well as putting out more firepower during the toes transition, to try and push it under 50 energy.

Also, if you are on engineer duty, stay SV. Unless you can get someone else to do it instead.

BM Hunter 581 ilvl

Spec: BM
    Item Level: 581
    Expectations: To move from a Hunter that is parsing (ranking) anywhere from 30-60 percent on fights to parsing more consistently above 60 percent
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ennor/advanced
    WorldofLogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7udm0hg2upzgtnjp, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nxfefbxw731cshpv, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-iy5oc0xnxqw506s7

I was asked by folks in my new guild to do a self-analysis of things that I needed to do as a hunter to take it to the next level. The more I thought about this, the more I thought that going to the experts to see what I could be doing wrong would be more fruitful than me trying to look at it and figure it out myself. I have only been a hunter this tier recently as I was a shadow priest for most of the tier. What are the things I should be working on that will allow me to consistently parse higher? I feel I am not performing up to my item level. Any suggestions on how to improve would be really appreciated!

Firstly I recommend using WarcraftLogs for parses. WoL makes my eyes bleed.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I'm looking at your Iron Jugg for my analysis but here's what I see.
    For comparison, HERE'S Azortharion's parse on Iron Jugg.

You could have had a bit more kill command uses. 38/52 possible.
    Could have had 3 more Bestial Wrath casts. 7/10 possible.
    Could have had 2 more Dire Beasts. 8/10 Possible.
    Hard to tell with WoL but you might have been able to squeeze in an extra Rapid Fire or two.
    And I might be totally wrong here because WoL is hard to decipher, but it looks like you didn't use Stampede at all? Again, not sure.

These are just some observations, please, anyone feel free to correct me as I'm totally new to BM.

Also try getting a TED if you can. It's better than Haromm's for BM.
    Last edited by nukias; 2014-06-19 at 12:58 AM.

Given you AFK siege phase KC usage was decent, couldve had a few more though
    BW usage was solid, by my rough math with a 582 AoC its ~40s cd meaning 7.5~ possible, given afking 7 is solid
    SS uptime could've been a little higher

Parsing high comes down to (this late in the tier atleast) kill speed and trinket uptime. On slower kills, especially afking mechanics like siege phase with unimpressive trinket uptimes you're doomed to lose dps no matter how well you play

You look to have the class fundamentals down (and a wf wep you bastard ;- Getting a HC TED will be pretty sweet, so look forward to your blackfuse kill and sacrifice many things on the coin. Try get nazgrim boots too (though theyre a myth as hcwf so pray to gods)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azabondiia View Post
    Anyone who has not done heroic raiding, is John Snow - and knows nothing. It's the most unforgiving gaming experience you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Xeromus View Post
    Given you AFK siege phase KC usage was decent, couldve had a few more though
    BW usage was solid, by my rough math with a 582 AoC its ~40s cd meaning 7.5~ possible, given afking 7 is solid
    SS uptime could've been a little higher

Parsing high comes down to (this late in the tier atleast) kill speed and trinket uptime. On slower kills, especially afking mechanics like siege phase with unimpressive trinket uptimes you're doomed to lose dps no matter how well you play

You look to have the class fundamentals down (and a wf wep you bastard ;- Getting a HC TED will be pretty sweet, so look forward to your blackfuse kill and sacrifice many things on the coin. Try get nazgrim boots too (though theyre a myth as hcwf so pray to gods)
    How about my Arcane Shot/Cobra Shot mix? Too many Arcane Shots? Should I be pushing more arcane shots for the rapid fire proc? I heard that RF is weak now.

More Arcane Shots is always better unless you're delaying prio abilities for it.

For me RF just happens as it's macroed into everything, I don't play differently because RF is up. As Azor said never a bad thing to crank out more AS since it hits a lot harder than CS, so long as you're ending the fight on as little to 0 focus as possible, not sitting at 120 as often as possible and performing the rest of the priority as optimally as possible your AS vs CS ratios will improve as you get a feel for working around procs/buffs etc, think in your logs you average about 50:50 ish which isnt shabby, but you could probably fit in more AS and less CS without sacrificing KCs and such.. Just gotta get the feel for it, takes time but itll come. Still learning to manage focus and shots better myself x_x
    Quote Originally Posted by Azabondiia View Post
    Anyone who has not done heroic raiding, is John Snow - and knows nothing. It's the most unforgiving gaming experience you can imagine

Good CS/AS ratio is like 65/35 probs.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...e=10&options=2 - 12 Multi Shots = 16 Arcane Shots, so 71 Arcanes 49 Cobras.

Deleted
    I ve switched from 10 to 25. with other hunters in my raid i feel like shit again cuz my dps are horrible. after crying myself to sleep i tried to think of something that makes it easy for u guys to help me... so here it is:

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte.../Yooi/advanced

warcraftlogs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=4

and here is how i managed to suck like that: twitch vod in super bad quality it seems: http://www.twitch.tv/oetoriya/b/540243026

fight starts @5:32~~

from what i see from logs, only 57apm, sting an ba uptime not perfect...but simc is like 45k higher than that...i dont know how to achieve that =(

Quote Originally Posted by Whylde View Post
    I ve switched from 10 to 25. with other hunters in my raid i feel like shit again cuz my dps are horrible. after crying myself to sleep i tried to think of something that makes it easy for u guys to help me... so here it is:

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte.../Yooi/advanced

warcraftlogs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=4

and here is how i managed to suck like that: twitch vod in super bad quality it seems: http://www.twitch.tv/oetoriya/b/540243026

fight starts @5:32~~

from what i see from logs, only 57apm, sting an ba uptime not perfect...but simc is like 45k higher than that...i dont know how to achieve that =(
    I'll leave the logs for someone else, but from the little I looked at your armory it appears you could be reforging better. The translation could be off but it looks like you're way over hit cap.

Change the Gala ring gem to a 80 Agi + 160 Crit one.