Page 83 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What is considered a good buff uptime with Steady Focus?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbykolls View Post
    What is considered a good buff uptime with Steady Focus?
    75% and above as near to 85% and above as possible, especially during dead time like the 5 seconds in between boat jumps in Iron Maidens etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Deleted
    You are not keeping BEast Cleave and Barrage up at all in the fights. Steady Focus uptime is way below desirable as well. Fix these and you'll see your DPS go up
    Hey sam.. thanks for the Reply!.. Should i use barrage at CD or.. because i find it hard myself when to use it or not :P

Quote Originally Posted by Senova View Post
    Hey sam.. thanks for the Reply!.. Should i use barrage at CD or.. because i find it hard myself when to use it or not :P
    I use Barrage when KC is on CD and I have enough Focus to Barrage + Multi to maintain Beast Cleave if it's needed. For pure ST like Gruul or Oregorger, I Barrage on CD if KC is on CD as well since Arcane isn't that great and has higher priority over Arcane anyway~
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samfisher View Post
    I use Barrage when KC is on CD and I have enough Focus to Barrage + Multi to maintain Beast Cleave if it's needed. For pure ST like Gruul or Oregorger, I Barrage on CD if KC is on CD as well since Arcane isn't that great and has higher priority over Arcane anyway~
    Hey samfisher! Thanks alot for your answers.. i hope this will help me :P otherwise i will just come back ask for more help!

Hi. I am trying to maximize my damage as BM since switching over from Survival. Its seems to me that my pet is not casting melee attacks nearly as much as our other hunter's pet and I am trying very hard to understand why. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

BM
    Expectations: To help maximize my dps (specifically address why my pet's melee attacks seem low) and general help
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Gnarias/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TZwQt6DcMma2LXvz

Quote Originally Posted by diovindici View Post
    Hi. I am trying to maximize my damage as BM since switching over from Survival. Its seems to me that my pet is not casting melee attacks nearly as much as our other hunter's pet and I am trying very hard to understand why. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

BM
    Expectations: To help maximize my dps (specifically address why my pet's melee attacks seem low) and general help
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Gnarias/simple
    Warcraftlogs Link:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TZwQt6DcMma2LXvz
    Your pet is doing only slightly less damage than the other Hunters. It's cos during Stampede he used Glyph of Stampede, so it summoned pets with all the same name and it all fell under 1 attack. Yours however was split with 3 other pet names but in total your pet melee hits were similar to Iguodala's.

Would someone PLEASE tell me how to fix my BM play? I do very well SV, and play like absolute shit when I go BM. The only fight I do well on is Gruul.

Here are logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...4&type=summary

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...xyquest/simple

First of all thank you Samfisher for helping bring some issues to light and fixing my dps, I feel i should be more competitive with my gear with respect to the other raiders esp hunters. Last weeks logs www)warcraftlogs)com/reports/TBfGg9AnjRM1JPrp#type=summary&boss=-2

This week so far, i feel i made stides on certain fights but still left in the dust, what can I do better? www?warcraftlogs)com/reports/LJyab6zCYHKhtVfx#type=summary&boss=-2

Armory - Bobbyshots Azgalor

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbykolls View Post
    First of all thank you Samfisher for helping bring some issues to light and fixing my dps, I feel i should be more competitive with my gear with respect to the other raiders esp hunters. Last weeks logs www)warcraftlogs)com/reports/TBfGg9AnjRM1JPrp#type=summary&boss=-2

This week so far, i feel i made stides on certain fights but still left in the dust, what can I do better? www?warcraftlogs)com/reports/LJyab6zCYHKhtVfx#type=summary&boss=-2

Armory - Bobbyshots Azgalor
    The second link looks like the link I first looked a page back o.o

Hey so I'm pretty new to BM but I'm enjoying the spec, my DPS doesn't seem terrible but I know I could be doing better.
    Is it possible to have an experienced BM hunter break down my Gruul log and tell me what I could improve on?

(apparently I can't post links)

Can provide other fights if needed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey92 View Post
    Hey so I'm pretty new to BM but I'm enjoying the spec, my DPS doesn't seem terrible but I know I could be doing better.
    Is it possible to have an experienced BM hunter break down my Gruul log and tell me what I could improve on?

(apparently I can't post links)

Can provide other fights if needed too.
    Replace the . in the URL with something else and post the link.

Still not working, is it alright if I just send a PM? I've tried to change the URL in every way possible.
    Just scanning really fast it looks like what is hurting me the most is my lack of mastery.

Errr got it..

www)warcraftlogs)com/reports/D76Fy4GbPxfWQvTt#fight=6&type=damage-done&source=6
    Last edited by Ritchey92; 2015-03-04 at 05:16 PM.

The second link looks like the link I first looked a page back o.o
    www)warcraftlogs)com/reports/TBfGg9AnjRM1JPrp#fight=8

There last nights logs

Link for Ritchey92

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=6

Link for Bobbykolls

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...M1JPrp#fight=8

I'll post my feedback in a separate post after looking through logs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchey92 View Post
    Still not working, is it alright if I just send a PM? I've tried to change the URL in every way possible.
    Just scanning really fast it looks like what is hurting me the most is my lack of mastery.

Errr got it..

www)warcraftlogs)com/reports/D76Fy4GbPxfWQvTt#fight=6&type=damage-done&source=6
    You are prioritising Arcane over Barrage even for ST, which isn't recommended. You are not using Multi shot during Gruul, which means you will have the Focus needed for Barrage. I personally also went Dire Beast for Gruul and it seems to have given me a small boost in DPS as well. Looking at buff uptime, you were a bit unlucky on Frenzy stacks so your uptime was at about 60%+ only. Can't really do anything about RNG. I had a terrible raid night tonight myself where RNG was cruel to me on almost every fight ):

Hi Sam,

I posted my logs a few posts up. If you could analyze some of the MT fights, it would be greatly appreciated (namely Flamebender, Beastmaster, H&F, and maybe Operator).

@ Bobbykolls

Your Steady Focus uptime for Gruul is still extremely low at 53%. You should be aiming for at least 70% or you are losing out on tons of Focus regen. I gained 50% more Focus on a shorter duration fight cos my uptime was 75% (not the best though). You also had pretty low DPS uptime on boss (I did notice you got Petrified 4 times though so that lowered DPS as well)

For Oregorger, Steady Focus is pretty low as well and you used Stampede once on a 5min 32sec fight, lost potential DPS there.

On Beastlord, you also used Stampede only once on a 7min 45sec fight. Your peak DPS during add phase is pretty low as well, suggesting that you aren't pooling Focus for Barrage + Multi and/or saving Frenzy stacks for AoE phase. Your peak during AoE is about 60k while ideally you should be doing closer to 100k during adds. Again, Steady Focus uptime is pretty low.

On Operator, Steady Focus uptime is pretty low as well. This one is very dependant on which group you are put in during split phase. I usually get put into the group that doesn't take the boss so we kill the adds so fast we end up sitting around doing nothing while the other group clears theirs up and rejoin the raid.

For the rest of the bosses, it's generally not having great Steady Focus uptime (typically I have 30-50% more uptime than you do)

The biggest part of why you are doing less DPS is Steady Focus and the fact you don't have 4pc for BM which is a pretty huge upgrade. I did a short sim and replaced your shoulders and chestpiece with NORMAL tier gear and your DPS went up 3k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    Hi Sam,

I posted my logs a few posts up. If you could analyze some of the MT fights, it would be greatly appreciated (namely Flamebender, Beastmaster, H&F, and maybe Operator).
    Flamebender to me is a very Stampede fight. You will almost never benefit from having Blinkstrikes as the dogs should be getting slowed while kiting and opportunity for Beast Cleave damage is extremely low (which is one of the only reasons we use Blinkstrikes, for the 50% harder hitting pet skills). Stampede + Lust is a crazy insane DPS move for a fight which is basically a single target fight apart from the 3-5 seconds wolves stand still and the few seconds before Aknor dies.

Beastlord on Heroic at least is personally a Stampede fight as well. Adds generally don't stay alive long enough for your pet to cast Claw 2-3 times (3 second CD) so Blinkstrikes usefulness tanks pretty hard. You can also guarantee that you can cast Stampede twice on a typical duration kill (6-7 mins), with the second one accompanied with your 2nd pot and Lust.

Hans and Franz is also a Stampede fight cos for significant amounts of time there is only 1 target to hit.

I noticed you went Dire Beast for Operator. I personally use Steady Focus for that as there are quite a few big adds that stay alive for a pretty long time which increases the effectiveness of Beast Cleave + increased pet focus regen from Steady Focus. Your pet was Focus starved for longer periods during heavy AoE phases which made Beast Cleave deal much less damage. I personally go Stampede as well for Operator.

Link for Ritchey92

I'll post my feedback in a separate post after looking through logs

- - - Updated - - -

You are prioritising Arcane over Barrage even for ST, which isn't recommended. You are not using Multi shot during Gruul, which means you will have the Focus needed for Barrage. I personally also went Dire Beast for Gruul and it seems to have given me a small boost in DPS as well. Looking at buff uptime, you were a bit unlucky on Frenzy stacks so your uptime was at about 60%+ only. Can't really do anything about RNG. I had a terrible raid night tonight myself where RNG was cruel to me on almost every fight ):
    Got it, I always notice my Barrage being a bit lower than everyone elses, something I definitely need to work on, I'm probably use Arcane shot too much.
    But yeah I had pretty shitty RNG I just find it discouraging to compare other hunters that beat me with similar timed fights and I have nearly better everything other than Frenzy uptime and I only had 4 mastery weapon procs compared to others at 8+

Deleted
    Could anyone please have look on this person's logs?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=14 ( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yewen/advanced )
    I don't really play a DPS, so I can not advise directly. Thank you in advance!

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...ort/60#v=0,d=0

Does anybody know why I'm the only one in the raid who can't get a DPS comparison to other hunters with my ilvl?