Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm simply saying what you regard of importance, i don't. I don't know about BW, there are still 2 months till launch, and they might add new customization mods. In the end if you are not satisfied, don't buy the game, or buy it when it has more customization to suit you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    I'm simply saying what you regard of importance, i don't. I don't know about BW, there are still 2 months till launch, and they might add new customization mods. In the end if you are not satisfied, don't buy the game, or buy it when it has more customization to suit you.
    I already preordered collector's edition when it was first announced and on top of that I am a star wars freak. I do not think that would be groudbreaking but it would a welcome addition to the game. Since I found a nice kind of people to play with.
    I hope they will add it soon, but probably won't change it since I get acustom to my character, we will see how the games will plays out.

I AM NOT SAYING that this must be there or I won't buy the game, I am saying that this would be a very nice thing, for me at least since I love creating my character.

Like I love to paint without a goal, it is something that I like.

Cheers,

Would love as much customization as possible, but will take what they give us.

PvP 4TW, Play to Crush !

Deleted
    It won't bother some, but it will bother others.

Personally my thinking was "if it's got more than WoW, it's enough."

Actually fooling around with it, though - it isn't enough.

The problem is that a lot of the combinations are rubbish, a small sample is fine if all of them are good, but some of the hairstyles are stupid.

Some of the force decay looks great, but can't be combined with a a stubbled head and face as for some reason stubble is considered a feature and not a beard and a a head shorn down to a thin layer with clippers is not considered a hairstyle but a feature too.

Small body type is too skinny, large body type is too chinny and fat is just a comedic choice for most people. Only one decent body shape.

Of course there's also people out there who are not like me and like some of the stuff I found fugly.

This makes the decision to take a minimal approach to character customization pretty baffling. Now, I'm not a fan of cheekbone sliders and all that shit, but a healthy amount of choice from premade and preset faces, features, hair, beards, colours, eyes, etc would make the world of difference.

I hope it comes in later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, this conversation got really stupid when the "I just wanna play" guys showed up. Thanks for ruining it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RatFanatic View Post
    Character customization is fine how it is now IMO. I don't need a million different possible combinations to be happy with it and it's already many times better than WoW's. In some situations, less options can be better.
    I agree. Never understood the point of being able to tweak every little detail about your character when their face/body will be covered by armor 99% of the time anyway. Also, when was the last time you or anyone else ever stopped to check out some random guy's face in game? I know for me it's inbetween 0 and never.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Man, this conversation got really stupid when the "I just wanna play" guys showed up. Thanks for ruining it.
    I don't believe anyone was stating something to the lines of "screw customization, I want to play". I'm pretty sure people were just saying that the customization is perfectly decent and in the middle of where other MMO's have and that they don't see a point in having 200 options for: hair, eyebrows, chin size, eye shape, mustache, beards, scars, etc when right now it's better than many other games.
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to know what will change from what I played last weekend to launch. From what I saw, it's fine. There are plenty of options for hair, tatoos, color, etc. /shrug. I felt some MMOs just have too many options (Aion), some MMOs have too little (WoW).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachyveng View Post
    I don't believe anyone was stating something to the lines of "screw customization, I want to play". I'm pretty sure people were just saying that the customization is perfectly decent and in the middle of where other MMO's have and that they don't see a point in having 200 options for: hair, eyebrows, chin size, eye shape, mustache, beards, scars, etc when right now it's better than many other games.
    I beg to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Maybe because developers know that the large majority of subcribers don't give a rats ass about 12,000 character customizations?

These days its all about, get into the game and rock out, not spending an hour choosing a hair style.

Sorry to bust your bubble but this is the way it is now.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The fact that for a large ammount of time you'll be watching your character talk pretty close up is a great reason to want good customisation options. My Fem Shep looked really odd all the way through ME and ME2. It was the best I could do with the options I was given, but her fuglyness was really distracting at times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Thinks soo too.

---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    The fact that for a large ammount of time you'll be watching your character talk pretty close up is a great reason to want good customisation options. My Fem Shep looked really odd all the way through ME and ME2. It was the best I could do with the options I was given, but her fuglyness was really distracting at times.
    Totally agree with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    That's pretty much what makes character customization such a big deal in TOR as opposed to other games. You'll actually be looking at your character a lot! Granted some people are gonna spacebar through every cut-scene, and while that's their right, I feel they won't enjoy the game as much for it. Not all cut-scenes are created equal of course, but they can be quite cool.

The biggest thing I don't like about TOR's character creator system is simply that it uses the traditional system of "types" instead of the smooth slider system Hero Engine is capable(and known for) of.

Just, be kind.

Having a lot of customization options is certainly nice, especially if you'll often end up watching your character up close. A part of me is glad that there won't be a complex character creator( e.g EvE) because I usually end up chain deleting my characters if I notice even the smallest flaw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev12 View Post
    Having a lot of customization options is certainly nice, especially if you'll often end up watching your character up close. A part of me is glad that there won't be a complex character creator( e.g EvE) because I usually end up chain deleting my characters if I notice even the smallest flaw.
    Had the same thing with da after 30 minutes creating my character, I decided I didn't like her nose so I deleted it.

The same thing I had with rift and lotro. In rift I deleted my character around 12 because I didn't like how it looks.

I really hope there is alot of customization for certain things like the Mirialan's Tattoo's. If there are only 5-6 options for them and I end up not liking any of them then many of my characters will end up just being humans instead of Mirialan or Zabrak like im hoping to play.

People forget that this is an mmo...

While playing a single player game its ok to have over 9000 customizable things but when you see a player coming up to you, server need to send information about char to your pc for the client to show you what it looks like.

race - class - bla -bla - body type 4 - bla - bla - earring on left ear type 6 - bla bla - scar on the face: none - bla bla- ...and so on.

Now multiply it by 200hundred on a social hub or even worse...player invasions with all the skills going through combat logs.

Less customization will make the game smoother.

I'm not saying give everyone same char so servers and our pcs can go through easily but they need to find a balanced spot and i'm sure they will since they re the ones getting payed to make a game and we're the ones speculating about what they do with it

I'm sure they know better and i'm sure they made enough customization.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oturanboa View Post
    People forget that this is an mmo...

While playing a single player game its ok to have over 9000 customizable things but when you see a player coming up to you, server need to send information about char to your pc for the client to show you what it looks like.

race - class - bla -bla - body type 4 - bla - bla - earring on left ear type 6 - bla bla - scar on the face: none - bla bla- ...and so on.

Now multiply it by 200hundred on a social hub or even worse...player invasions with all the skills going through combat logs.

Less customization will make the game smoother.

I'm not saying give everyone same char so servers and our pcs can go through easily but they need to find a balanced spot and i'm sure they will since they re the ones getting payed to make a game and we're the ones speculating about what they do with it

I'm sure they know better and i'm sure they made enough customization.
    Going by what you are saying:

Player 1 appears as A, player 2 appears as A and player 3 appears as B.
    So to my conclusion server has to load 2 x A and 1 x B.
    So what is the diffrence between loading for example: player 1 is A, player 2 is B and player 3 is C.
    So what is the diffrence from loading 1xA, 1xB and 1xC.
    They still have to load them separately. If the take the same amount of memory there shouldn't be a problem since they server have to load the same amount of data for every character.
    So what is the diffrence if they have to load something that is the same 500 times or load 5 different things for 100 times each.
    It would be the same as for example I have the same boxes, the only diffrences is the color.
    So my question is would it be easier for you to take the box from one place to another if all of the boxes were grey.
    No it doesn't matter really if they are 500 different color boxes but the thing does do matter is the how hard things inside the box is or from what material the box is.
    So saying that large amount of customization creates more lag is somehow silly, what creates lag is large number of people and not the option if have 10 or 50 hairstyles to choose when you create your character.
    Cheers,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Going by what you are saying:

Player 1 appears as A, player 2 appears as A and player 3 appears as B.
    So to my conclusion server has to load 2 x A and 1 x B.
    So what is the diffrence between loading for example: player 1 is A, player 2 is B and player 3 is C.
    So what is the diffrence from loading 1xA, 1xB and 1xC.
    They still have to load them separately. If the take the same amount of memory there shouldn't be a problem since they server have to load the same amount of data for every character.
    So what is the diffrence if they have to load something that is the same 500 times or load 5 different things for 100 times each.
    It would be the same as for example I have the same boxes, the only diffrences is the color.
    So my question is would it be easier for you to take the box from one place to another if all of the boxes were grey.
    No it doesn't matter really if they are 500 different color boxes but the thing does do matter is the how hard things inside the box is or from what material the box is.
    So saying that large amount of customization creates more lag is somehow silly, what creates lag is large number of people and not the option if have 10 or 50 hairstyles to choose when you create your character.
    Cheers,
    You have no idea how computers work, do you? :P
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    You have no idea how computers work, do you? :P
    I know I have been playing games on pc since 1992.
    But back to your answer, I have the same framerate in ogrimmar which is 52 no matter what graphic setting I choose. I choosen the lowest settings and it is 55 and the highest and it was 55 so the fps drop is due to lag and nothing else.
    Futhermore I haven't noticed any longer loading times of my games despite armor that I am wearing. That works since baldur's gate,gothic series 1-4, two worlds 1 and 2, da: o and etc.
    I haven't a delay due to where I am and what progress I have made.
    Of course in game like oblivion when I had more then 7 GB of mods the game loads longer but that happends ONLY when I run the application and NOT when loading a game.

So truly your argument is not valid so I can guarantee that I played more games that you since I spend few summer vactions on playing games only on my pc.
    So I would I have more experience with games then you.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    I know I have been playing games on pc since 1992.
    But back to your answer, I have the same framerate in ogrimmar which is 52 no matter what graphic setting I choose. I choosen the lowest settings and it is 55 and the highest and it was 55 so the fps drop is due to lag and nothing else.
    Futhermore I haven't noticed any longer loading times of my games despite armor that I am wearing. That works since baldur's gate,gothic series 1-4, two worlds 1 and 2, da: o and etc.
    I haven't a delay due to where I am and what progress I have made.
    Of course in game like oblivion when I had more then 7 GB of mods the game loads longer but that happends ONLY when I run the application and NOT when loading a game.

So truly your argument is not valid so I can guarantee that I played more games that you since I spend few summer vactions on playing games only on my pc.
    So I would I have more experience with games then you.

Cheers,
    Heh...you really have no idea how it works

Frame rate has nothing to do with their servers. It's about your graphic card making you see things your game client wants you to. Those things are already "loaded" in your "ram" from your "harddisk" which contains that 40gbs of swtor client. All those processes has -nothing- to do with what i'm talking about. Also making lowest highest settings on your graphics wont change anything it's all about YOUR graphic card, effects no one but your gameplay.

And transfering datas from web isnt carrying colorful boxes dude more customization just means more data simple as that.

Playing games through summer "vactions" only may make you some kind of "knowledgable" about contents of those games not what we re talking about... your post is like those cat pictures... I'm wearing a hat - your argument is invalid! Lol...

Now people may say that they notice data transfer while playing wow was minimal but i remind you blizzard refused to lower gcd just becouse of this problem i explained. So yes it is a big deal.

EDIT: "Futhermore I haven't noticed any longer loading times of my games despite armor that I am wearing." I just accually read this... OMG! I hope you were trolling
    Last edited by Oturanboa; 2011-10-19 at 09:09 AM.