The elemental invasions just started, new quests NPCs are available in capital cities and elementals will randomly spawn in zones!
- New quest NPCs are available in capital cities.
- Elementals will randomly spawn in questing zones, destroying the rifts in those zones will reward you with Tripping the Rifts.
- Elemental Invasion on Wowpedia.org
Tripping the Rifts achievement
- Rifts appears everywhere, including Northrend and Outland. You can get your achievement by destroying rifts anywhere but you won't be able to loot lower levels Mysterious Objects.
- Rifts seems to spawn at the beginning of each hour (01:00AM, 02:00AM, etc) pretty much everywhere in the zone, however there are confusing reports about this and some people reported them spawning in the middle of the hour. If you arrive in a zone and can't find rifts, you probably just have to wait for a respawn.
- Rifts are destroyed by killing elementals, each elemental death lowers the health of the rift.
- The Mysterious Object looted from rifts gives a daily quest with gold/XP reward.
Rifts zones by Type (Source)
2. The Barrens (Between Razorfen Downs and Razorfen Kraul)
3. Dustwallow Marsh (Inside Theramore near Armory; North of Witch Hill)
4. The Hinterlands
5. Searing Gorge
6. Blasted Lands
8. Hellfire Peninsula
9. Zul'Drak (South of Zeramas; East of the Reliquary of Pain; In the middle of Zeb'Hakkar)
Water1. Silverpine Forest (East of Shadowfang Keep; South of the fork in the road east of Sepulcher; West of Dead Field towards the shore)
3. Wetlands (On the shore near the Bluegill Murlocs and the two ruined ships; Between the Greenwarden and Dark Iron Dwarf Camps)
4. Thousand Needles (Darkcloud Pinnacle)
5. Stranglethorn Vale
6. Swamp of Sorrows (Stonard)
7. Un'goro Crater
9. Shadowmoon Valley
10. Dragonblight (Agmar's Hammer; Wintergarde Keep)
2. Hillsbrad Foothills (Southshore; Tarren Mill)
4. Arathi Highlands (South of Circle of West Binding; Hammerfall)
5. Eastern Plaguelands
6. Terokkar Forest
8. Borean Tundra (Magmoth)
9. Sholazar Basin
Earth1. Loch Modan
2. Redridge Mountains
4. Western Plaguelands
5. Burning Steppes
7. Nagrand (Laughing Skull Ruins)
8. Blade's Edge Mountains
9. Howling Fjord (Wyrmskull Village near the hut Alliance players witness the visions of the past)
10. Grizzly Hills
11. Storm Peaks (Gnoll Camps west of K3; Maker's Library)
Cataclysm Direct Download and Game Cinematics
There, Blizzard still loves you, and you will have all the cinematics if you buy the digital version of the expansion!
Cataclysm Realm Launch Time Information
Cataclysm Raids available for testing!
Almost all bosses are now available for testing!
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment