MMO-Champion - Blizzcon Tickets on Sale on May 21 & 25
Blizzcon Tickets on Sale on May 21 & 25
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
BlizzCon® is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® universes. This two-day event features discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers, hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games, professional and casual eSports tournaments for players to showcase their talents, social events for players and developers to meet one another, community contests with great prizes, and much more.

BlizzCon 2011 Tickets - $175 USD
Tickets to attend BlizzCon 2011 will go on sale in two batches on Saturday, May 21 at 10 a.m. Pacific Time and Wednesday, May 25 at 7 p.m. Pacific Time. Visit the official BlizzCon website or the online Blizzard Store on either of these dates for a chance to purchase tickets.

Benefit Dinner Tickets - $500 USD (BlizzCon admission included)
On Thursday, October 20, Blizzard will host a special pre-BlizzCon dinner to benefit the Children's Hospital of Orange County, where guests can meet and chat with game developers, executives, and other folks from Blizzard before the show. A limited number of tickets go on sale Saturday, May 28 at 10 a.m. Pacific Time.

BlizzCon Virtual Ticket - $39.99 USD
Watch BlizzCon 2011 at home! Comprehensive live coverage of BlizzCon will be available to viewers around the world as a multi-channel Internet stream and also via Pay-per-View on DIRECTV in the US. Limited streaming coverage of the opening ceremony and eSports tournaments will also be available online for free.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Blizzcon Tickets on Sale on May 21 & 25 started by Boubouille View original post
Comments 106 Comments
  1. Pebrocks The Warlock's Avatar
    Go go Blizzcon!
  1. Krit's Avatar
    and again to sit refreshing the page only to have em sell out in 15 seconds and not get a ticket for the 3rd year in a row >.>
  1. Duravian's Avatar
    I gotta go this year!!!
  1. 3DTyrant's Avatar
    and how much is $40 in GBP? same as last year? (£25)
  1. dethdception's Avatar
    i will make it............one of these years lol
  1. orderschvank's Avatar
    holy crap 175

    isnt that more than last year??

    they better be giving everyone diamond rings lol
  1. Epuration's Avatar
    you really have to wonder what they will be showing this time around...
  1. lewo_darkfluffy's Avatar
    When is blizzcon happening this year? I have attended 2 years of blizzcon this is going to be my third!
  1. Ummagummas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krit View Post
    and again to sit refreshing the page only to have em sell out in 15 seconds and not get a ticket for the 3rd year in a row >.>
    Suggestion incoming:

    I couldn't get the tickets online as well last year. But the day that people had to go pick up the tickets from the convention center (the day prior to the first day of Blizzcon) I searched on Craigslist to see if anyone was selling tickets. Oddly enough, there where numerous people selling their tickets as they couldn't make the convention. And due to rules and regulations, they can't charge you more for the ticket then what they paid for online. They can, however, charge you for the swag bag. Running price for a bag was about $50 a bag.

    All I had to do was meet the guy in Anaheim on the night prior to Blizzcon. He went with his email confirmation that you he got, picked up the two tickets, and we did the exchange of funds for the tickets and swag bag that very night. Best advice though, do the transfer somewhere public, just for safety and what not.

    If you are looking for tickets and you can't get them online as they do sell stupid fast, search Craigslist the day they start handing out the tickets, do some research and talk to the person selling the tickets, and you should be good to go on getting yourself a ticket.
  1. Mankriks Wife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    and how much is $40 in GBP? same as last year? (£25)
    Yes approximately £25
  1. furydeath's Avatar
    So what murloc pet will we get this year?
  1. Azutael's Avatar
    Meh if only they hosted blizzcon closer to Norway, I would consider going there :P
  1. Specphoria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    holy crap 175

    isnt that more than last year??

    they better be giving everyone diamond rings lol
    Yeah, the price has gone up +$25 since 2009 (which was $125).
  1. tehmark's Avatar
    just say no
  1. Vasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    and how much is $40 in GBP? same as last year? (£25)
    With current exchange rate: $40 = £24.47

    $175 is a stupid amount of money for tickets. I mean last year was really boring, as we knew almost everything about Cataclysm anyway. I'm not a SC2 player, so I can only assume they will blow us away with Diablo 3. I wont make the same mistake again.
  1. Rockmonster's Avatar
    Beta key inc
  1. Vasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ummagummas View Post
    Suggestion incoming:

    I couldn't get the tickets online as well last year. But the day that people had to go pick up the tickets from the convention center (the day prior to the first day of Blizzcon) I searched on Craigslist to see if anyone was selling tickets. Oddly enough, there where numerous people selling their tickets as they couldn't make the convention. And due to rules and regulations, they can't charge you more for the ticket then what they paid for online. They can, however, charge you for the swag bag. Running price for a bag was about $50 a bag.

    All I had to do was meet the guy in Anaheim on the night prior to Blizzcon. He went with his email confirmation that you he got, picked up the two tickets, and we did the exchange of funds for the tickets and swag bag that very night. Best advice though, do the transfer somewhere public, just for safety and what not.

    If you are looking for tickets and you can't get them online as they do sell stupid fast, search Craigslist the day they start handing out the tickets, do some research and talk to the person selling the tickets, and you should be good to go on getting yourself a ticket.
    I have to be honest mate, that sounds dodgy as hell.
  1. Wakwazu's Avatar
    To everyone complaining about the ticket price.

    They stated that at the previous price they were losing around 20,000 dollars to host the event. Blizzard is not being greedy or selling out. They are trying to break even.
  1. Snorri's Avatar
    Can expect a lot of Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, Diablo 3, Patch 4.3?
  1. Rivermark's Avatar
    Direct TV... Again... I'm not buying this time.

Site Navigation