MMO-Champion - Patch 4.3 Interview with Greg Street (Ghostcrawler)
Update - Oops, forgot screenshots. Added them, including an interesting screenshot of Ysera.


Update - Added some more information from other interviews.

Patch 4.3 Interview with Greg Street (Ghostcrawler)
Below is a quick summary and the full thanks to Simca. Be sure to read it so that you don't miss anything! (Extra info via Joystiq, Eurogamer, TenTonHammer, and Tankspot)

Deathwing Raid
  • The new raid is called The Dragon Soul. It contains eight bosses, and boss 7 and 8 are both Deathwing.
  • There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing.
  • Deathwing will only drop weapons.
  • Heroic Deathwing will eventually be made easier after the top guilds kill it so that more people can experience it.
  • Tier 13 will not be available at all from valor points.
  • The new legendaries are two daggers (main hand and offhand) that are only usable by all three Rogue specs. Combat Rogues will be made to use these daggers as well without a DPS loss. The questline will revolve around the pure black dragon (from the egg in the Badlands) and features several Rogue-centric elements.
  • Melee classes will be getting a buff that is only active in the new raid to help them compete with ranged classes.

New Five Man Heroics
  • You will enter the new 5-mans and raid in Caverns of Time.
  • The first new 5-man is called "Endtime" where Nozdormu will show players the future if Deathwing wins.
  • The second new 5-man, "Well of Eternity" is a journey into the past, the War of the Ancients specifically, to help Thrall recover the Dragon Soul to use against Deathwing.
  • The third new 5-man, called "Hour of Twilight", has players escorting Thrall in present day to Wyrmrest Temple, where the final battle against Deathwing will take place.

Looking for Raid
  • Looking for Raid probably won't share a lockout with Normal and Heroic raids.
  • Looking for Raid gear will be stronger than the new five man heroics, but weaker than normal raids.

Other
  • There will be raid melee buff across the board. The attack power buff will apply more to melee attack power than ranged attack power.
  • Tank rotation changes that are related to survivability won't be in this expansion.
  • Epic gems will drop in the new raid in Normal and Heroic only. Each player gets a geode when a boss is killed which has a small chance to contain an epic gem, most will have rare gems. It is rare enough to take all of 4.3 to replace all of your red rare quality gems with red epic gems.
  • Firelands was nerfed so that players could see the content and continue progression instead of hitting a wall in heroic modes.
  • "Quite a few" new profession recipes will be added.
  • Northrend will require 2/3rd of the experience it does now, making leveling alts faster.
  • Corrupted Ashbringer won't be available for transmogrification from any vendor.
  • Old PvP armor will come back for transmogrification.


End Time - Crashed Horde Airship

End Time - Echo of Sylvanas

End Time - Murozond (Boss)

Well of Eternity - Illidan

Well of Eternity - Illidan & Malfurion

Well of Eternity - Nozdormu

Well of Eternity - Queen Azshara's Guards

Well of Eternity

Well of Eternity - Ysera

Well of Eternity - Alextrasza

Hour of Twilight - Thrall

Hour of Twilight

Hour of Twilight - Wyrmrest Temple

Deathwing Raid - Warlord Zonozz

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Ghostcrawler: The focus of our 4.3 patch is the heroes’ final battle against Deathwing the dragon. There will be an epic raid where 10 and 25 player groups can try to defeat Deathwing. In addition, we have three 5 player dungeons to kind of set the stage; it will be kind of similar to the way the dungeons in the Icecrown patch lead up to the final conflict against the Lich King. We have a new legendary weapon that players will be able to get in the raid. We have a Raid Finder system that will work a lot like Dungeon Finder to allow more casual raiders to get into the content. And we have a couple of character customization features we’ve talked about already: Transmogrification which lets you change the look of your armor and Void Storage which gives you a place to store it all. And then finally we have an update to the Darkmoon Faire - an entire island full of fun carnival games.

Will the new Looking for Raid difficulty share a lockout with Normal and Heroic raids?
Ghostcrawler:
We’re not entirely sure yet because we’re still working out the details. Our goal is that it doesn’t. We want people to be able to do the raid with their group and then still do Looking for Raid, maybe on the weekends or when their guild isn’t available.

Do you feel like you are alienating any part of the player base when you make easier content or do you think the new three difficulty system might solve that?
Ghostcrawler:
We’re hoping it solves it. I mean, generally this is an experiment for us. We’re not sure how it is going to work out. We have a hugely diverse player base, and we want to be able to let lots of different players see the content. We felt in the past we were struggling too much to decide “Okay, heroic mode is for 5% of the population… that means normal mode has to be for 95% of the raiding population” and we were stretching ourselves really thin. So our hope is that by offering up an additional difficulty, it will free up normal mode to be targeted towards the kind of traditional guild it has been, where players who don’t have a lot of time to raid or find the commitment too much can do Raid Finder to be able to experience the fights.

While the game may continue to go strongly for a long time, do you think WoW may have hit its peak subscription number at all?
Ghostcrawler:
I mean, gosh, that is so hard to know. It’s really hard to tell what is… you know it’s a seven-year-old game at this point. We don’t have really any examples of games that have remained so popular for so long to really know what the future might bring. We certainly understand that some players have just gotten their fill of World of Warcraft, and the kind of things we would have to do to provide really interesting new features for them risks changing World of Warcraft into something else. We have to be really careful not to overhaul the game so dramatically that people who love the game fall out of love with it. At the same time, it is a rough economy going on, summers are always a little light, and periods between expansions are always a little light, so we’ll see how things look after another expansion or two.

So when Cataclysm came about, there were a lot of changes to the healing model. Do you think that it has been successful and will you insure its stability in the next raid set?
Ghostcrawler:
Yes, we’ve really liked the way the healing model has worked out. It had some hiccups along the way where I think players just starting out going into dungeons, particularly the heroic dungeons, felt like they just didn’t have the mana to do anything. That was probably a little too extreme. We’ve gotten to the point now where most raid geared healers feel like they have the mana to do what they want, but they still can’t completely waste it. A Discipline Priest that does nothing but Power Word: Shield is going to find they’re going to have to do something quickly to get their mana back or they’ll have to risk not having enough for the end of the fight.

So another thing that came with Cataclysm, well even in other expansions, was that some fights favored some types of DPS that led to some classes being kind of sat out on certain encounters. Do you think that in the Deathwing fight this might happen as well or are you trying to balance that?
Ghostcrawler:
We try to keep in mind, I mean on one hand we really want to encourage all available players to play. It’s tough not to go in and try to change things when you find that someone is too weak on a fight and a more competitive guild risks sitting that player out. We really don’t like that, but at the same time if we aren’t careful then the fights will all kind of feel the same because we’ll have to say “Okay, where’s the AE moment so that my Demonology Warlock can shine and where is the movement component of this fight because that is really good for my Fire Mage” or whatever. So we kind of give… it’s hard enough coming up with new encounters where players don’t immediately say “Oh, you’ve done that already; we’ve seen it all before”. We make so many hundreds of bosses that we like to give our encounter designers a lot of room to maneuver.

It becomes a problem when it feels like consistently the same types of characters aren’t competing. We’ve seen a lot of concern about the melee classes just can’t compete with the ranged classes. Part of that is class mechanics; part of it is that we just have a lot of encounters that really favor ranged. So for the Deathwing tier, what we’re going to do is just a straight up buff to the melee classes that hopefully helps them a little bit. We’re going to do that in such a way that the raid buffs will just end up buffing melee a little more than they’ll buff ranged. So hopefully you won’t have a lot of widespread effects in PvP or things like that, but melee characters who are just stabbing away on a boss in optimal situations will feel like their DPS is very competitive.

Can you talk a little bit about the new legendary for this patch?
Ghostcrawler:
Sure. It is a pair of daggers – a main-hand and an off-hand dagger. We are designing them such that all three Rogue specs will be able to use it. We have a little tweak in there so that Combat Rogues will be able to Sinister Strike with the daggers without it being a big DPS loss.

The story of these legendary daggers has to do with the last remaining pure black dragon egg. So kind of how we got here is the black dragons are a really cool enemy in our universe, they have been for a while, but we’re kind of killing them off a lot. Onyxia has been killed and brought back so many times that we’re starting to feel bad for the old girl. Nefarian is dead, again, and Deathwing is going down. So we thought we were running out of black dragons, and we really didn’t want to do that because they’re a really great enemy and we really want to use them again in the future.

So players who play through the Cataclysm quests in the Badlands will remember a questline around this uncorrupted black dragon egg. It was free of the taint of the Old Gods. So what is going to happen is that black dragon egg eventually hatches and there is a black dragon prince who is pure – he’s not a minion of Deathwing; he’s not corrupted by the Old Gods. But that doesn’t mean he is necessarily a good guy. He’s kind of out for himself, he’s kind of got his own agenda, and to bring his plans to fruition he contacts the Rogue because Rogues are a little shady, always working in the shadows, always playing a number of games and has other things going on. The black dragon prince reaches out to the Rogue character and says “If you help me out, I’ll reward you with these increasingly more powerful daggers”.

How did the team decide to make a Rogue weapon rather than a tanking weapon for this legendary?
Ghostcrawler:
It’s really funny because every player out there wants and almost expects the next legendary is going to be for them. We try not to let it fall into too much of a pattern. We want legendaries to be something exciting, something that is earned, not something that you “deserve” because it is “your time to get one”. We thought that we liked part of the Rogue story. We thought that Rogues had maybe felt a little bit not special in this expansion with all the high damage numbers that were being done by classes like Mages. We thought it was just the right opportunity to make them shine and feel kind of special. Unless you count the bow, we haven’t done any class specific legendaries to this extent before, so we thought it would be fun to make the legendary quest VERY Rogue-themed. There will be stealthing and pickpocketing, things we know that a Rogue can handle. Then, the weapons themselves, their proc, we’re still building, but the idea is that their proc will tie in something very Rogue specific as well.

One of the problems with tanking weapons is that our tanks use very different weapons so we could say “Well this legendary weapon is going to be for the Warrior and Paladin and hopefully we’ll get to the Death Knight and Druid someday in the future”. With all the talk about a legendary weapon that transforms “you could have a 2-handed version or a 1-handed version”, too much of that I think starts to suck away what is really special about the legendary when it can turn into all these different things.

I guess the message to the players is don’t despair and don’t assume that you’ll never get a legendary for your guy. Hopefully we’ll eventually get them all, but we don’t want to keep it on such a timetable that players are able to predict “Okay, the Elemental Shaman legendary is coming in Patch 6.2 followed by the Hunter crossbow”.

How do you feel the Dungeon Journal worked out and how will you be releasing the information in it this time around?
Ghostcrawler:
We’re really happy with the feature overall. I know that it is a lot to ask the players to go research a fight completely before the first time they see it, but we really like the way you can link spells in your raid chat or something and say “Okay, I want you to handle this” and maybe when somebody doesn’t understand a mechanic very well you can explain it a little better that way. Like all of our features it will evolve over time but we’re pretty happy with how it turned out.

I know there was some concern amongst the most hardcore raiders that they didn’t want the surprise spoiled for them and they kind of wanted to do discover things on their own. Maybe in the future we won’t reveal all the mechanics on heroic, but that is something we’ll have to evaluate.

What achievements will be granted in the new Looking for Raid system and are they similar to existing ones or any new rewards?
Ghostcrawler:
We are very concerned about preserving the sense of accomplishment for the Normal and Heroic tier. We don’t want to over reward Looking for Raid. It is really there for people who want to see the content and want to feel like they’re raiding, but we don’t want it to be more attractive than traditional organized raiding.

We will offer some achievements; they’ll be very simple, nothing like you’ll be able to get in a Normal or Heroic. For example, it might just be “Kill the first four bosses” as one achievement and “Kill the second four bosses” as another achievement, something like that. We won’t, for example, put the legendary in the Looking for Raid tier. We are doing epic gems this time around as a drop in the raid and we may not have those drop in the Looking for Raid tier.

Where does the gear fit in terms of the new 5-mans? Will they be like ZA and ZG were or will they be a bit lower… where will they fit?
Ghostcrawler:
A little bit higher… we’re still debating the exact numbers but I think they’re probably slotting it maybe between Normal Firelands and Heroic Firelands. It will be slightly weaker than the Looking for Raid tier and obviously weaker than the remaining Deathwing raid tier.

And what about Looking for Raid gear… how powerful will it be?
Ghostcrawler:
Yeah, like I said, it should be slightly above the 5-player dungeon gear but not as powerful as the normal raid. The Deathwing raid is called The Dragon Soul; it should be weaker than The Dragon Soul tier.

Will the new Darkmoon Faire update change anything to Insane in the Membrane?
Ghostcrawler:
No, I don’t believe so. I think our plans for Insane in the Membrane in the future are to try in the future sometime to offer a brutally difficult achievement or Feat of Strength for players who are looking for it. But it makes us nervous to go mess with that one too much because some players were able to do it when it was really hard and we don’t want to risk making it easier or making it even harder or that sort of thing.

What kind of abilities does Deathwing have in his encounter and why doesn’t he just breathe fire on us?
Ghostcrawler:
Oh, the encounter is really, really cool. First of all, it is split into two fights, so boss seven is Deathwing and then boss eight is also Deathwing.

In fight seven, you parachute off of a gunship onto Deathwing’s back as he’s flying from Dragonblight towards the Maelstrom. You have pry these armor plates off of his back and fight off the corrupted blood that comes out. All the while, Deathwing himself is trying to shake you off his back and he’s going to do barrel rolls and things like that to try to dislodge you like the little parasite you are because he is so big.

The final Deathwing fight is really amazing. He crashes into the Maelstrom and then he kind of emerges out of it again. And he’s so big; he’s taking up this whole area. The players hop around from the little islands in the Maelstrom. So on the first little island they might be fighting one of his tentacles, and then they have to fly to the next island and now they’re fighting a leg and then they fly to the next island and they’re fighting another big tentacle. All the while the dragon aspects, Alexstrasza and Ysera and Nozdormu, are flying around and they’re also helping the raid in this fight. So Alexstrasza might breathe fire at an important moment or Nozdormu might stop time. They’re not helping you at random. There is a little bit of strategy as to how you use their abilities too, so they’re not just background, it’s actually a pretty critical mechanic of beating the fight.

Transmogrification question, when you transfer the appearance of something that is enchanted with say, Mongoose, will that effect go over?
Ghostcrawler:
No, the enchants won’t go over. You’ll have to enchant the weapon the same way you would a non-transmogrified weapon.

Right now leveling and gearing up alts takes a significant amount of time and investment. Are there any improvements coming in this area?
Ghostcrawler:
In 4.3, we’re actually increasing the leveling rate of Northrend pretty dramatically. We’re dropping the time it takes by a third. The players should notice that. Long-term we recognize that we definitely are going to have a problem at some point. If World of Warcraft’s character level is like 120 someday, it is asking an awful lot of players to hurry through all of that to get to the endgame if that is what they are interested in. We’re taking about various mechanics we might eventually do to help out with that, but in the short-term, just increase leveling rate in Northrend.

Okay, great. Thank you so much for your time!
This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 4.3 Interview with Greg Street (Ghostcrawler) started by chaud View original post
Comments 607 Comments
  1. Belial's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    I fail to see what about LFR you're complaining about here! Possibly something you might've asked for for a long time UNTIL you actually GET it?
    First of all I'm not complaining about anything. I'm simply stading the fact that time used ingame has absolutly nothing to do with how skilled you are as a player, and that the easy mode of LFR takes just as long to complete timewise as the Hard mode version. The ladder just require more skill. Second, I was never one of those who asked for this feature.
  1. darkpower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azzer24 View Post
    He likes how the healing words?, resto shaman, though awesome in PvP, is often sat in PvE raids, because the other classes just have far more to bring (not buffs, but healing wise). Holy priests too are very bad, get those 2 specs on par with the others, and it'll be fine.
    Must be playing with Shammies and Priests that have no idea how to play their classes, then. I mean, seriously, I've gotten the hang of what spec and spells I have to use to make resto successful, and I'm sure that many would see that, with enough attention given to see just how resto works, that they can be one of the best healing specs in the game (with being able to even save a player from certain death, for example). Never played a priest, so I can't say anything there other than perhaps the problems lie with the players, not the class/spec as a whole!
  1. markos82's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    These comments were not what I was expecting after reading that awesome preview. I've read through a few pages and I still can't figure out what everyone is whining about. As far as I can tell, people seem to be upset that Blizzard isn't adding legendaries for every class in this patch. They are also frothing mad about the Raid Finder, and how the dirty casuals will be able to see the raid content at a lower difficulty, even though this isn't going to affect them at all.
    Its not for every class, its is rogues ONLY!!!!
  1. Treadstone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    First of all I'm not complaining about anything. I'm simply stading the fact that time used ingame has absolutly nothing to do with how skilled you are as a player, and that the easy mode of LFR takes just as long to complete timewise as the Hard mode version. The ladder just takes more skill. Second, I was never one of those who asked for this feature. IMHO it is yet again one of many things Blizzard have put into the game that should never have been done.
    I disagree.

    Raids take practice.

    Practice takes time.

    Someone might have time to run Firelands 10 times before they finally down Ragnaros.

    With an easier difficulty mode, you might need less practice to see all the content.

    That's certainly why I'm looking forward to the LFR system. I'd like to see the Firelands storyline, but I don't have the time (or experience necessary) to join a raiding guild or run the raid over and over and over.

    ---------- Post added 2011-09-19 at 12:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Its not for every class, its is rogues ONLY!!!!
    Yeah, so what's the problem? What do you want Blizzard to do? Release a legendary tabard every class and spec can wear? That's boring.
  1. darkpower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    First of all I'm not complaining about anything. I'm simply stading the fact that time used ingame has absolutly nothing to do with how skilled you are as a player, and that the easy mode of LFR takes just as long to complete timewise as the Hard mode version. The ladder just require more skill. Second, I was never one of those who asked for this feature.
    But I'm not seeing where the big complaint is with this LFR tool. It's not like those that don't want to use it have to use it. They have outlined how they intend on people using it (though you know people will do their best to exploit everything just because...hey, that's how they roll), and people have been wanting them to add an additional difficulty so normals wouldn't be nerfed as much (let's not prevent Blizz from doing NECESSARY nerfs like the Deadmines trash packs). That way, those that want to learn, or to "see the content", can without too much fear of being absolutely ridiculed if they didn't give up their first born child to run Firelands a million times a day. Now that those people have a place to learn how to fight the fights properly and because we now HAVE that additional tier, we're going to bitch and moan because it'll make the player base even worse? How does something that's designed to make players better do the exact opposite, and why are we continuing to bitch and moan about this?
  1. Kauro's Avatar
    Well if you like to whine so much, why do you insist on playing this game? Simply if you don't like it, there ris noone stoping you from quiting. Man up ffs and deal with the fact that they wont please everyone at the same time.
  1. markos82's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    Yeah, so what's the problem? What do you want Blizzard to do? Release a legendary tabard every class and spec can wear? That's boring.
    Do you know rogues had that cool looking legendary in TBC? Or you are "young" player? 4.2 legendary is for 4 classes ( mage, lock, priest and druid ) some of them might not even see it/use it since it is much much better for other class. It is boring that ppl without brain capacity work for blizz, last best expansion was tbc and since then this game is well...

    So yeah, whats the problem. Tell me, why is there legendary just for one class and again for rogues ( yeah twin blades could be used bu warrior but they ware much better for rogue )? Tabard? Yeah cool colors will help you, i think not. Nice weapon will...
  1. Scorp969's Avatar
    before dragonwrath no legendary for 1 class and now they made dagerrs counted also as sword there shud be use to transform them into polearm )
  1. ungar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    Yeah that's a good idea Blizzard force people to play a broken class that they don't want to play. A single classlegendary is just bad for any 10 man raid out there.
    This i sjust stupid, worst decision blizz has even made.
    why's it broken? I'm sure people play or don't play rogues for different reasons, and I don't think all rogues feel their class is broken. personally I don't prefer the play style, I'd rather hit once for 100k than 10 times for 10k. that and I rather fight fairly instead of taking advantage of someone with stuns and stealth.

    who knows why people don't want to play rogues. in 4.3 I'm sure it'll be better though. I think a lot of people would play their rogue, but there's no reason to and melee was penalized in a number of fights. now there's a reason to play a rogue, and on my server I'm seeing more rogues this week than the whole expansion.
  1. Belial's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    I disagree.

    Raids take practice.

    Practice takes time.

    Someone might have time to run Firelands 10 times before they finally down Ragnaros.

    With an easier difficulty mode, you might need less practice to see all the content.

    That's certainly why I'm looking forward to the LFR system. I'd like to see the Firelands storyline, but I don't have the time (or experience necessary) to join a raiding guild or run the raid over and over and over. That's boring.
    Ofcause it takes practice and some time to down raidbosses, and by all means it should be that way. If you think that LFR will be the same as LFG tool, think again. Even in easymode people will fail and it will take more than your usual ~45 min LFG run to finish up a raid. So imo, it really doesn't make sence when people say: oh now I can see everything and not have to live infront of my PC. If you are skilled enough and are in a good guild it will take the same time, if not faster than wiping your way through a raid through LFR.
  1. Nymrohd's Avatar
    Oh nice, no t13 from VP! Love this. Not in an elitist, I don't want random people wearing tier kind of way. Just because I felt compelled to buy tier first and everything else later.
  1. Vargur's Avatar
    The new raid is called The Dragon Soul. It contains eight bosses, and boss 7 and 8 are both Deathwing. There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing. Deathwing will only drop weapons. Heroic Deathwing will eventually be made easier after the top guilds kill it so that more people can experience it. Tier 13 will not be available at all from valor points.
    I do like those bits. Somewhat.
  1. Belial's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    But I'm not seeing where the big complaint is with this LFR tool. It's not like those that don't want to use it have to use it. They have outlined how they intend on people using it (though you know people will do their best to exploit everything just because...hey, that's how they roll), and people have been wanting them to add an additional difficulty so normals wouldn't be nerfed as much (let's not prevent Blizz from doing NECESSARY nerfs like the Deadmines trash packs). That way, those that want to learn, or to "see the content", can without too much fear of being absolutely ridiculed if they didn't give up their first born child to run Firelands a million times a day. Now that those people have a place to learn how to fight the fights properly and because we now HAVE that additional tier, we're going to bitch and moan because it'll make the player base even worse? How does something that's designed to make players better do the exact opposite, and why are we continuing to bitch and moan about this?
    I totally agree on this. Yes it is good so people can see content, but don't think it will be a ~45 min experience to see it all. People will fail even on easy mode.

    EDIT: One thing I disagree on is people getting better at the game due to having a easy mode. I've known alot of people that have played the game since vanilla and they still suck. If you don't have the motivation and give yourself the time to understand basic things like game mechanics, how to control your char etc etc. you will still suck even after playing the game for 6+ years.
  1. Prag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    Someone will just say Shadowmourne doesn't count because blood DKs were using it.
    And the people that say that, get Legendary-free, window-licker-accessible raids in 4.3.

    Everyone wins.

    Any Blood DK (including myself) who got a Shadowmourne only got it because the Rets/Fury/DPS DK's already had it, or because we'd been in the guild for years.
  1. Lightswords's Avatar
    Sounds great.I really like those new dungeons and DW raid.Can't wait 'til I kill him ^^ (or whatever happens to him)
  1. Dexiefy's Avatar
    How... how he didnt get fired yet... This guy represents the intelligence of a very intelligent chair...
    It’s really funny because every player out there wants and almost expects the next legendary is going to be for them. We try not to let it fall into too much of a pattern. We want legendaries to be something exciting, something that is earned, not something that you “deserve” because it is “your time to get one”. We thought that we liked part of the Rogue story. We thought that Rogues had maybe felt a little bit not special in this expansion with all the high damage numbers that were being done by classes like Mages. We thought it was just the right opportunity to make them shine and feel kind of special. Unless you count the bow, we haven’t done any class specific legendaries to this extent before, so we thought it would be fun to make the legendary quest VERY Rogue-themed. There will be stealthing and pickpocketing, things we know that a Rogue can handle. Then, the weapons themselves, their proc, we’re still building, but the idea is that their proc will tie in something very Rogue specific as well.
    What kind of justification is this?! Mages were hitting for 150k so we tought that rogue aint fun anymore...
    and how, HOW in the name of god, giving daggers to rogues make more sense than giving legendary piece of armor to tanks?! I mean Deathwings armor is one of the toughest "materials" in azeroth. Im not even playing a tank and i think tanks should get legendary now as it fits perfectly.

    Also how much sense does it make to release legendary for 1 class that can use agi axes jsut like shamans? wouldnt it be more fitting to make set of axes so 2 classes at least can enjoy it? If they really are dumb enough to ignore tanks and hunters (who had situation as casters but appearently the reasoning behind caster legendary was right while behind hunter legendary is not...)


    But oh wait...
    It becomes a problem when it feels like consistently the same types of characters aren’t competing. We’ve seen a lot of concern about the melee classes just can’t compete with the ranged classes. Part of that is class mechanics; part of it is that we just have a lot of encounters that really favor ranged. So for the Deathwing tier, what we’re going to do is just a straight up buff to the melee classes that hopefully helps them a little bit. We’re going to do that in such a way that the raid buffs will just end up buffing melee a little more than they’ll buff ranged. So hopefully you won’t have a lot of widespread effects in PvP or things like that, but melee characters who are just stabbing away on a boss in optimal situations will feel like their DPS is very competitive.
    I always knew he is the most incompetent designer in the history of gaming... but this... is just fucking pathetic. "We are too dumb to design something really creative where every role has to do something so we just buff melee so they can jsut sit on their ass and dps while ranged are doing all the hard work... afterall interrupting spellcasts is only thing we can design for melee. Afterall we dont have time to design creative fights considering that in 3 patches we released total of 15 bosses instead of 6 raids with 6-7 bosses each as it was meant to be"


    Seriously f*ck this... With him as lead designer, wow is going nowhere. I recently resubbed just to enjoy the game with friends but now i see that it was a mistake and my time will be better spent elsewhere. During wotlk i tought "hey next expansion has to be great cause afterall, it's not possible to fuckup wow even more" but ghostcrawler proved me wrong... This b-team of designers have creativity of a 5 year old... seriously...
  1. darkpower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    I totally agree on this. Yes it is good so people can see content, but don't think it will be a ~45 min experience to see it all. People will fail even on easy mode.
    Depends on what you definition of "fail" is! Is it a series of wipes, or one wipe do to a freak issue (like a bad pull where you accidentally pull half the instance, or healers trying to defeat mad LOS issues)? Is it not getting an achievement you wanted, or not winning Need rolls on a certain drop you wanted? These are just hypothetical questions that can apply to any instance, but it must be discussed when dealing with what someone thinks failing an instance is.
  1. Tidders's Avatar
    •Old PvP armor will come back for transmogrification.Liking this alot.
  1. Belial's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    Depends on what you definition of "fail" is! Is it a series of wipes, or one wipe do to a freak issue (like a bad pull where you accidentally pull half the instance, or healers trying to defeat mad LOS issues)? Is it not getting an achievement you wanted, or not winning Need rolls on a certain drop you wanted? These are just hypothetical questions that can apply to any instance, but it must be discussed when dealing with what someone thinks failing an instance is.
    I'm talking about strait overcomming the challange, aka. complete the raid by killing the bosses.
  1. darkpower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    I always knew he is the most incompetent designer in the history of gaming... but this... is just fucking pathetic. "We are too dumb to design something really creative where every role has to do something so we just buff melee so they can jsut sit on their ass and dps while ranged are doing all the hard work... afterall interrupting spellcasts is only thing we can design for melee. Afterall we dont have time to design creative fights considering that in 3 patches we released total of 15 bosses instead of 6 raids with 6-7 bosses each as it was meant to be"
    You...DO realize that if the buff didn't come, you'd find that melees would be doing next to nothing anyway because they would never actually be able to reach the damned thing, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    I'm talking about strait overcomming the challange, aka. complete the raid by killing the bosses.
    Again, that depends on what challenge you're hoping to overcome relative to why your members decided to join you. That's subjective, not objective.

Site Navigation