MMO-Champion - Disc of the Red Flying Cloud, Lorewalkers Rewards, Blue Posts, SWTOR Free To Play
Character Profiles Possibly Coming Soon, Critical Mass Wizard Build, South Korea Gets a Server Upgrade, "Evil's Truck", Poll

Disc of the Red Flying Cloud
We finally know that the Disc of the Red Flying Cloud mount comes from being Exalted with the Lorewalkers!



Lorewalkers Quartermaster
The Lorewalkers also offer some other nice rewards at their Quartermaster. You can get Restored Artifacts by completing archaeology items or purchasing one for a Spirit of Harmony.

Level Type Slot Name Cost Required Rep
60MountDisc of the Red Flying Cloud600 Exalted
90Jewelcrafting RecipeDesign: Jade Panther200 Revered
90Blacksmithing RecipePlans: Living Steel Belt Buckle50 Exalted
90Tailoring RecipePattern: Greater Cerulean Spellthread25 None
1MiscellaneousTabardLorewalkers Tabard10 Exalted
1JunkLorewalker's Lodestone Restored Artifact Exalted
1JunkLorewalker's Map Restored ArtifactExalted


Mists of Pandaria Beta Addons on Curse
If you are in the Beta and need some function addons, check out the new listing on Curse. Curse Client is also able to update your addons for the Mists of Pandaria Beta.



Blue Posts
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Different Rules for Spells in PvP and PvE
Is there a reason damage spells can't effect players differently?
We do this already. Look at abilities such as Colossus Smash and even the concept of PvP CC durations, which has been in the game for a long time.

It's not our option of first resort because it's not intuitive for players and it means anytime we want to make balance adjustments, we must change two sets of numbers. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Content Difficulty and Consumption Speed
That way, maybe some of the prestige of killing bosses pre-nerf, or on lower levels of nerf stay.
Other than world firsts, was there ever any prestige to killing a boss? (outside the guild itself achieving that kill)

Heck, even people following the race don't care who killed a boss 2nd in the world, much less 20th...

No, but they care on their own servers, even if they don't raid themselves. It's a bit like Britain's surprise medal in the gymnastics yesterday; I don't like gymnastics so don't care about that at all. However, if one of those gymnasts lived on my street, I would be interested.
Sure, realm firsts might also have some prestige on the realm level, you're absolutely right. But as before, other than that... (and perhaps the first faction kill on the realm, as well).

Sounds like you are admitting that realm communities have been killed. By LFD and LFR.
You're reading too much into that post.

Actually, challenge dungeons will help bring back that realm community feeling that might be missing for some of you, as groups for those dungeons have to be manually formed.

This comment alone, shows that you have no idea what is going on on realms regarding raiding.
You didn't understand my post at all. I said it very clear, outside the guild itself (which is what you mention in your post), not many players really care about who killed a boss other than world first and perhaps their realm first.

Any reason as to why we're not seeing a developer respond in this thread to some of the proposals made to revive aspects that should already be there.., but aren't due to some clear direct "features", one would think they could squeeze in a few minutes considering they have all the time in the world to reply on us forums?
These forums are for you, the players, to interact between you and discuss almost anything you want. And we're taking care of noting the feedback we can find, as in this thread, and sending it to them (which we're doing not just with this thread, also others).

It is abundantly clear to even the slowest of individuals that you have absolutely no clue as to what drives players Draztal which is quite astounding after 185 pages, and even more clear that you only serve a purpose of ridiculing what people here say.
I understand it, I honestly do. I'm a raider myself and I share some of those desires you have expressed here. But there must be a reason for it that can be based on something else than "taking something away from others" or "prestige", etc. And there've been individuals here that have spoken clearly about those reasons, and we've noted them and we've sent feedback to the devs with the most common points here.

The response quoted and the fact that you claim challenge dungeons will bring some realm community back is testament to incompetence at the highest level for reasons already highlighted many times over the past 100 pages, but I'll happily point one out for you. If challenge modes aren't completed to a gold medal standard by a sufficient amount of characters we will see "balancing" (normal people would call it nerfs) so that you can ride the high horse claiming success just as is the case with lfr / lfd.
You're making assumptions, and judging my posts based on those assumptions. You're also forgetting that on challenge dungeons you're actually competing against the clock, and you'll be able to prove that you've been faster than everyone else.

I also feel my comment was ignored. Just as the people above me stated, i dont see any facts you base your comment on regarding almost no one caring beyond world firsts, apart from a very broad and ( in my opinion ) unjustified generalization.
Well, in that case, I guess it won't take you long to show me a forum post cheering someone for the world 36th kill of Heroic Hagara, right?

I think it's actually you that does not understand how much people care about those. The more I read your posts the more I think you absolutely have no clue.
Ah, but that's the thing. And that's why I'm still posting on this thread. I understand why people care so much about those. But I can't find an objective reason to back it up (I'm speaking about arguments like only a minority should see the content, etc, not the whole thread). Some concerns did have objective reasonings to back them up, and that was great. Some others can only really relate to nostalgia (wanting TBC back without mentioning the downsides it had) or wishing to retain exclusivity/prestige in a way that is demeaning to others.

Are you kidding me? When i tried to give an idea, i was ignored. By Draztal too, he said world firsts matter only. That was the reply to my idea of a design change. Now, thats how much they care, in my experience.
I can't comment on your ideas. But I've certainly haven't said that world firsts are the only thing that matter. What I've said is that for the community at large, it's usually just that what's mentioned. And you can check that by yourself visiting the most popular fansites out there. You won't see them mention that X guild has been 10th in the world killing a boss.

Both of them care immensely about what position they are inside their faction, realm and world.
Read my post again, that's not what I meant (and I even specified it on that post). Of course your guild cares about its position. People outside your guild, though, probably don't (unless they're looking for a guild to apply to) unless you're world first/realm first/country first/etc. Hopefully now what I was trying to get through makes sense? It's not about how your guildmates feel about your position.

The fact that people mention TBC has little to do with nostalgia, it has to do with the idea that there was a lot more content available back then. TBC had a certain policy when it came to progression and that policy was changed in WotLK.
A policy that had side effects that have been discussed in this thread at length. Those are the downsides that noone has really mentioned during this discussion.

There should always be ongoing competition in WoW, and something for people to aim towards, as soon as there isn't there won't be any drive to improve yourself as a player.
You tell us that we can't speak for an entire population, alright, but then don't doing it yourself telling us what we do and don't care about.

If you look at popular community tools such as wowprogress, there're always new kills being made every day, so to me that looks as ongoing competition.

Not gonna quote the rest of your post, but it's a spot on explanation of how gamers think and act. We are competitive by nature and we do care of our own performances, even if its no 134 in the world.
Of course, but not everyone is interested in the raid race and just want to experience the encounters at the pace they can.

I get what you mean, but people do care if they pass another guild that was faster than them on the last tier. So your point is not entirely true. If you pass another guild they do care that someone else did that, if it makes them fall behind in the race of killing bosses first in their realm. It does work the other way around aswell, when we manage to kill something people rush fast to see if others managed to do that on the same night.
I agree with this. My post was talking about the prestige perspective specifically, which is a different one than this. Of course, if your guild advances over another in the realm rank, you'll cheer about it, and the other guild most likely will try to advance as quickly as possible to retake that position.

You're not serious about being in a raiding guild yourself are you?
I am, as I said, I've been raiding since 2005, still do, and have no intention of stopping in Mists of Pandaria.

Do you honestly believe those sites would have such high hit numbers when people really don't care as much as you suggest? The numbers prove you wrong. Last tier though, even wowprogress was more for "who got it fastest" (on our realm) then who is furthest, which is directly reflecting on the main concern, too little content for the expected amount of time and the dilution of raiding as a whole.
Of course they care about their own progress and how they compare against them. But once you leave that specific case, people in your realm that is raiding at a different pace most likely don't really care about what your guild is doing (and care about theirs, obviously) and care about what's happening to the guilds around their same place.

I'm quite frankly stunned at how it seems to be acceptable to demand nerfs and easier, simplified gameplay, but asking for a challenge is tantamount to sacrilege.
Asking for a challenge is right, and the answer is that you have that challenge there. You can turn the debuff off at any time and face those bosses without the Power of the Aspects. But that's an answer some of you don't like. And while it's fine that you don't like the answer, it's not right to say that there's no way to have content that you feel is challenging for you today.

Okay. Nobody cares what guild killed Heroic Ragnaros heroic 4th, but they will care about AoE fest speed runs? What is the point of Blizzard adding Challenge mode dungeons when competition does not matter?
You're mixing competition with prestige... (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

The Purpose of LFR
However, LFR does make a person get sick and bored of DS extremely quickly... running it lfr and normal on multiple chars each week has removed alot of peoples passion for raiding DS
If you are running LFR and normal every week on multiple chars, I don't think it should be a surprise you eventually lose the passion for raiding the place... After so much of doing the same, you'll get tired, be it LFR, HC raiding, dailies... anything, really.

Yes i could skip LFR altogether, but the tier bonuses are something most players want and are needed to become competitive.
You get the same tier bonuses (and higher item level) from Normal and Heroic DS.

and yet, you guys have made running older tiers obsolete, with forcing (by gear i mean) to chain run the latests tier raid.. feels kind of silly, yes?
You can run older tiers whenever you want. Not just for experiencing the content these days, also for the gear for transmogrification (if you like a particular tier set that you're missing), achievements and so on.

Any game that cannot pose even a slight challenge before completion is pretty messed up development wise.
And even with the 30% debuff on DS, the game poses a challenge (perhaps not to you, but certainly to others).

appease people who think that paying for a game entitles you to see all the content
And why are they wrong on that thought? On which basis should someone think that he can not see the content even if he's willing to pay the subscription for it?

Why not just mail everyone the BiS items and rarest mounts?
Is that what the players are demanding? I'm yet to see someone ask for that (that is not trolling, either). (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Priest (Forums)
PW: Solace change?
We think it is possible to balance active vs passive regen. The key is in how healers use mana. Nobody needs infinite regen. You just need enough to heal a fight. If you consider a fight where you never have to heal, then Solace will crush any other mana return because you have so many free GCDs in which to spam it. However, you also don't need that mana for healing in the contrived fight with no healing. As fight intensity increases, the need for mana increases BUT the time available for Solace decreases. Solace will work best on fights where there is very intensive healing followed by quiet periods in which you can nuke. But depending on the timing, Mindbender might work for those fights just as well.

We don't like Solace with a cooldown because then you feel like you must use it on cooldown. With no cooldown, then is there is a continuum between fights where you have free time but need mana and fights where every cast time must be spent on a heal. The choice becomes the priest's.

I'm still seeing a lot of "I need to spam Solace so make it more spamable" responses. You're not going to convince us with that argument. Let us know in what specific situations you are struggling with mana and what types of spells you are trying to cast. That is the actual issue in our minds.

I am also still seeing a lot of "we have provided you with the evidence." I wouldn't be asking if you had. There are maybe 3 links to parses and a couple more with any kinds of numbers at all. If you feel it is that easy to make your case, then make it.

As an aside, the only thing we didn't like about Telluric Currents as active mana generation was that it scaled too well with gear (in 4.3) and would have been a mandaory glyph (in 5.0).

It's a very common thing that when people feel they aren't being listened to they complain louder and more frequently.
I have been in this business for 15 years, so I can say with certainty that that strategy does not work. You run the risk of your entire point being dismissed if you come across as too uninformed to make an argument with some substance to back up the sweeping claims. If you are trying to convince anyone in a situation where you can't just order them to do something, whether that person is a boss, teacher, co-worker or government official, you'll do better with logic and reason than insults and hyperbole.

We appreciate the passion -- just channel it into something productive. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Beta Class Balance Analysis
Paladin (Forums)
Judgement is once again a melee attack that has a 30-yard range. (Yes, re-read that to make sure you didn’t misread it...)

Edit: Judgement is also spelled Judgment now. The developers are playing nasty tricks on me to make sure I'm awake.

It's a PvP nerf. Now it'll trigger Frost Armor and Nature's Grasp again.
Correct. This is the primary purpose of the change.

Warlock (Forums)
As a result of the change to Malefic Grasp's mechanics, Agony now takes twice as long to ramp up, since the ticks are no longer faster under MG's channel. Is this additional nerf intended?
No, this should be fixed in the next build. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

SWTOR Will Soon be Free to Play
Starting in November, SWTOR will have a limited free to play mode. During the EA earnings call today, we were reminded that the game needs 500,000 subscribers to break even. Subscription numbers have declined below one million now, making a free to play option a good way to allow players turned off by the subscription fee to continue playing. The game's price will be reduced to $15 and it will still come with one free month of gametime, allowing anyone who purchases the game to experience the full version before deciding which level of play they would like. You can find more information in the Free-To-Play FAQ.

The free version of the game allows players to experience all of the class stories through level 50, but free players will have no access to Operations. Free players are also limited in the number of character customizations they can access, as well as the number of Warzones, Flashpoints, Space Missions, and auctions that can be posted. You can see a quick rundown of the limitations in this chart.

Players who continue to pay will also gain Cartel Coins, a new currency that will allow purchase of character customization, faster leveling, and other conveniences. Some restrictions can also be "unlocked" with Cartel Coins. Current players will get a number of bonus coins and Fan's Choice item for being active before July 31, 2012. Players who want more Cartel Coins will be able to purchase them from the SWTOR website in the future.


Originally Posted by SWTOR
Starting this fall, there will be two different ways to play Star Wars: The Old Republic:

Subscription — A service designed for players who want unrestricted access to all the game features via ongoing subscription or by redeeming a Game Time Card. In addition to gaining access to all game content as our current subscribers do now, subscribers will receive ongoing monthly grants of Cartel Coins, the new virtual currency that will be introduced later this fall. Cartel Coins can be used to purchase valuable in-game items including customizable gear and convenience features that will enhance the game play experience.

Free-To-Play — The first 50 levels will be Free-to-Play, with restrictions on access to new content and advanced player features. Some restrictions can be "unlocked" with Cartel Coins.

As the first step towards adding the new Free-to-Play option this fall, Star Wars: The Old Republic will go on sale in August for $14.99 USD, including one-month of free subscription.

Current and former players will also find additional benefits as part of this program. BioWare will be increasing the frequency of game content updates, with the first of many new releases coming in August. In addition, current subscribers will receive Cartel Coin grants and qualify for access to special in-game items. Even former players who re-activate now will qualify for special benefits. To learn more about these rewards, please visit www.StarWarstheOldRepublic.com/FREE.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Disc of the Red Flying Cloud, Lorewalkers Rewards, Blue Posts, SWTOR Free To Play started by chaud View original post
Comments 164 Comments
  1. SamR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Your comparison is bit flawed, let me fix it for you:

    The special snowflakes don't just want to be special, they want to make sure the challenge stays the same for everyone else coming after them. It's like people farming some really sweet transmog gear and then whining at Blizzard because suddenly people don't have to farm it, but instead can just show up to the instance portal and get all the gear from there instantly.
    Are you suggesting that there's some kind of challenge in farming for transmog gear? I've never heard of anyone being impressed by the "challenge" of a level 85 player blitzing Kara every week for 3 months to get a piece of gear. I hope you're not just using the word "challenge" as a substitute for "timesink".

    The challenge in transmog is planning your outfit to make it unique.
  1. Yriel's Avatar
    God the people in the content consumption thread sound more and more like a bunch of emo teenagers... "You don´t like us, you don´t understand us, we HATE you!".

    I´d really hope MMO-C would stop featuring them, it stopped being a discussion long ago and now it´s just a bunch of people throwing accusations at the CM.
  1. Weazle83's Avatar
    SWTOR free to play is pretty damn awesome. I was never interested to play this game as an MMO, paying the subscription fee. However, access to all the storylines after a low initial purchase, gonna be hard to pass up on that.
  1. roostah's Avatar
    im so with blizz here. freaking whine about the nerfs.
  1. Eleveneleven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    I wonder why Blizzard responds to rude posts. Let them ignored.

    Unless we reached a point where those rude posts are the majority, in which case I'm not sure I want to be around here.
    Clearly you are sure because every game including all of Blizzard's games' official forums are always more troll/rude than non.
  1. Faithshield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Anyone can run an old instance or raid to get a transmog piece. How many people were able to experience the Sapph reanimate sequence in vanilla?

    The special snowflakes don't just want to be special, they want to make sure nobody else can be as special as they are. It's like people farming some really sweet transmog gear and then whining at Blizzard to remove it so other people can't get it.
    I don't think people want to deny anyone content. They just want a difficulty curve that goes reasonably high so as to reward people who take the time to master the game to some degree.

    A lot of the EU thread is centred on the nerfs to Heroic difficulty - nothing to do with LFR or Normal.

    However you can argue that the TBC model of progression meant people were less likely to run out of content so very quickly, but that is a different argument. A lot of people liked that model not because it is elitist, but because it was a fun and steady climb and once your guild advanced enough you could move on to the next raid and there was an amazing sense of accomplishment. It did mean people could miss the final dungeon until after the expansion, which sucked, but other areas were very good.
  1. Sigma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Also I hate the 'snowflake' argument. It seems to be a war against people actually being good at the game and wanting to be better then the norm
    yes and there are those who think it is "cool" or acceptable to be able to rub it in other peoples faces that they are better than normal people, These are the Snowflakes. How often do you see people who are truly exceptional at the game, (I am talking people in guilds in competition for world first here) complaining about people with less skill than them being able to compete in the content due to nerfs ?

    hell I can count on one hand how many times I have seen a paragon player openly post on these forums.
  1. Vormav's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    God the people in the content consumption thread sound more and more like a bunch of emo teenagers... "You don´t like us, you don´t understand us, we HATE you!".

    I´d really hope MMO-C would stop featuring them, it stopped being a discussion long ago and now it´s just a bunch of people throwing accusations at the CM.
    Speak for yourself. I think its actually the other way around. The blue poster is being called out constantly and seems to be losing the argument pretty quickly. I for one am glad this discussion is taking place and that MMO-C posts it. Sounds to me like you just don't want to read something you don't agree with.

    It just blows my mind that it's actually frowned upon in today's gaming age if you want a challenge and want it to stay challenging for everyone. It shows how much the gaming community has changed. Back in 2008ish you'd see it be the other way around where people who ask for nerfs and defend nerfs are the ones being ridiculed by the masses. Oh well.
  1. Gazlow's Avatar
    I must say Im very proud of Blizz. They finally put the tabards back to exalted
  1. Ausr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    Speak for yourself. I think its actually the other way around. The blue poster is being called out constantly and seems to be losing the argument pretty quickly. I for one am glad this discussion is taking place and that MMO-C posts it. Sounds to me like you just don't want to read something you don't agree with.

    It just blows my mind that it's actually frowned upon in today's gaming age if you want a challenge and want it to stay challenging for everyone. It shows how much the gaming community has changed. Back in 2008ish you'd see it be the other way around where people who ask for nerfs and defend nerfs are the ones being ridiculed by the masses. Oh well.
    "Back in my day, we had to walk to school up hills and through the snow both ways."

    "No one gives a shit, grandpa."

    That's how the rest of us feel about you and others.
  1. h4rr0d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Are you suggesting that there's some kind of challenge in farming for transmog gear? I've never heard of anyone being impressed by the "challenge" of a level 85 player blitzing Kara every week for 3 months to get a piece of gear. I hope you're not just using the word "challenge" as a substitute for "timesink".

    The challenge in transmog is planning your outfit to make it unique.
    Not at all. I'm suggesting that hard mode raiding takes effort and that farming for xmog gear takes effort (I hope we can agree on that).

    Hard mode raiders (the "special snowflakes that want to make sure nobody else can be as special as they are" as you put it) are unhappy when Blizzard is nerfing the content that is already available to everyone, just on different difficulty settings. I'm not hard mode raider myself - never even entered DS on heroic difficulty, but I strongly disagree with the nerfing of the content. I never really disagreed with nerfing Sunwell before WotLK though, even if it almost cost me relationship to progress hard core there.

    How would 'moggers like, if Blizzard suddenly dramatically decreased the effort (time in this case) required to gather an xmog set they've spent 3 months farming?
    That's the message I was trying to convey.
  1. Doorsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Your comparison is bit flawed, let me fix it for you:

    The special snowflakes don't just want to be special, they want to make sure the challenge stays the same for everyone else coming after them. It's like people farming some really sweet transmog gear and then whining at Blizzard because suddenly people don't have to farm it, but instead can just show up to the instance portal and get all the gear from there instantly.

    Edit: there was about 10 mins long vid on ytube with someone explaning why it's good that there is some content not everyone can access right away (and no, heroic mode of the place I've farmed for 2 months on LFR and Normal is not content I can't access right away), or rather, that there's some unexplored content that's free for grabs if you have the balls and skill for it and it's perfectly fine if that content stays unexplored by majority or entire population for quite a while. It creates much bigger desire to play the game than the LFR-Normal-Heroic-let's nerf the **it out of the places until everyone and his mother can kill them model.
    What on earth is supposed to motivate me to kill exactly the same boss that suddenly has twice as much HP and is doing twice as much damage than the last time I killed it. And if I can't kill it (why would I want to do that again?), Blizzard will nerf it for me until I can.
    Just remove the debuff - The magical argument that people somehow seem to forget and all of a sudden all these excuses to not be a special snowflake crumbles.. Like a cookie.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 09:34 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    Speak for yourself. I think its actually the other way around. The blue poster is being called out constantly and seems to be losing the argument pretty quickly. I for one am glad this discussion is taking place and that MMO-C posts it. Sounds to me like you just don't want to read something you don't agree with.

    It just blows my mind that it's actually frowned upon in today's gaming age if you want a challenge and want it to stay challenging for everyone. It shows how much the gaming community has changed. Back in 2008ish you'd see it be the other way around where people who ask for nerfs and defend nerfs are the ones being ridiculed by the masses. Oh well.
    You have the luxury of choice and the blue has already said it - Turn off the debuff.

    Your view of him losing the argument is starting to sound like when people claimed SWOTOR would kill WoW. Look at how that went.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 09:38 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    I don't think people want to deny anyone content. They just want a difficulty curve that goes reasonably high so as to reward people who take the time to master the game to some degree.

    A lot of the EU thread is centred on the nerfs to Heroic difficulty - nothing to do with LFR or Normal.

    However you can argue that the TBC model of progression meant people were less likely to run out of content so very quickly, but that is a different argument. A lot of people liked that model not because it is elitist, but because it was a fun and steady climb and once your guild advanced enough you could move on to the next raid and there was an amazing sense of accomplishment. It did mean people could miss the final dungeon until after the expansion, which sucked, but other areas were very good.
    Oh yes, it was fun and steady with nerfs coming in rolling like they are now. I did BT Pre-nerf and i had a possible go at SW if i wanted - but i didn't go for it. Maybe it's time to not have time cause you delusions and rose tinted googles are to be put away? Because It sure as hell was not a "Steady climb".

    There was the casual guilds who only did Kara cause they could not amass the players nor skill to clear SSC or TK - Let alone BT or SW. And it's funny to think how you go to say "There was an amazing sense of accomplishment" - There was the normal nerd scream. And there were the nerfs. Stop posting in delusion, thanks.
  1. Xingu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctim View Post
    in my opinion the main reason for this monopoly position is the massive amount of invested player time. even if wow is technically "old", it's exceptional flow kept the players playing for more than seven years. the majority of people won't give up or switch to something different, if they actually "worked hard" for their current state of play.
    My thoughts exactly. This is the reason why a) I don't play Diablo3 anymore, even though I was mad with expectations and it is a very enjoyable game in its core, something about 'you get NOTHING for your devoted playtime and skill, just pay and you will win' doesn't appeal to me, and b) I am more than glad to come back to WoW after a 6 month break, my warlock may be 7 years old but I sure love to play that bony old behind
  1. Bloodydemize's Avatar
    get rid of the disc i want to be goku.
  1. Biggs Darklighter's Avatar
    Only in WoW do you get put into the minority-evil box for wanting to be good at a game. Then chased after with pitchfolks while being totally misunderstood. The WoW community on mmo-champ are like anti-gamers.
    Still, im seeing a lot of complaints these days directed at the blue post responses that try to misdirect the concerns away, the concerns mainly being about difficulty and content consumption.
    Special snowflakes? Cause wanting to beat other players/guilds is now a bad thing(?). The blue defenders will all see though after a few months of MoP how very little there will be left to do. I never played it but I hear constantly that Swtor failed due to a lack of end game, WoW will have a lack of end game due to how quickly you can complete it all. But hey, you can occupy yourselfs with pet battles and challenge modes cause thats really gonna keep you entertained for months on end until more quick-to-clear content is released.
  1. Minginging's Avatar
    Eh. At least you can't outright ignore most mechanics with just the buff. The old alternative was to wait for the next expansion and just blast through it at a higher level with 1/5 the people. I don't really see it as something to fight tooth and nail over.
  1. Santoryu's Avatar
    The blue comments have left me very worried about the future of this game.
  1. Yriel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    Speak for yourself. I think its actually the other way around. The blue poster is being called out constantly and seems to be losing the argument pretty quickly. I for one am glad this discussion is taking place and that MMO-C posts it. Sounds to me like you just don't want to read something you don't agree with.

    It just blows my mind that it's actually frowned upon in today's gaming age if you want a challenge and want it to stay challenging for everyone. It shows how much the gaming community has changed. Back in 2008ish you'd see it be the other way around where people who ask for nerfs and defend nerfs are the ones being ridiculed by the masses. Oh well.
    What argument is he losing ? What discussion is there ? Some players have stated how they want the game, the CM stated the company line. So where is the argument ? They are just stating the same things again and again.
    And what do they even expect from a CM ? Do they really think at some point he will use his awesome CM powers and change the game back into TBC ? He submitted their feedback so why continue that thread ? What´s the point ?

    And honestly, if you look at the actual thread, it´s the same 10 òr so players arguing with him there for 160+ pages. Do those 10 people really need such a big featuring every day ?
  1. ZeroWashu's Avatar
    Completely unimpressed with the disc.

    As for SWTOR, duh. It was obvious from launch, except for certain over zealous people on these forums, that that game did not have legs. It was woefully lacking content, having the all so typical single player game leveling path, and launched three patches too early. They will be lucky to be around in two years time. Unlike another big name title that was force F2P (LOTRO) they don't have a variety of leveling paths and that just dooms the game.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 05:57 AM ----------

    and the blue was right, the majority could care less who killed what boss when, even world firsts don't matter except for the guys coming in second
  1. MrMayor's Avatar
    Kinda sad Swtor failed loved there questing but the endgame was no match for WoW and yay for the disk mount

Site Navigation