MMO-Champion - Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer
Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer

This article was originally published in forum thread: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Trailer started by chaud View original post
Comments 1447 Comments
  1. Oerba Yun Fang's Avatar
    Okay this cinematic had me cracking up after the monk came in. In a good way. When the monk fixed the wooden pedestal thing and the human and orc just stared and the human gave the orc the wood for a weapon, I was in tears.
  1. Sareth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    You criticized his waist. Which is criticizing his proportions. I'm saying the proportions have always been stylized. Think of some WC3/WoW screenshots up and concept art and examine the characters. Theres no reason to talk about the realistic proportions of their bodies. How'd they even get so muscular anyways? You need to bodybuild and take roids to look like them. You can't get that way just by fighting wars. Bottom line criticizing the realisticness of their bodies is pointless since its always been off since they're stylized.
    Why do you and the other guy insist of talking about real life stuff like how they got so muscular? All I ever said was that the cinematic doesn't match the look that WoW currently has, in terms of, for example, the orcs build.
  1. Bombkirby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Good effort, but you're taking my points and twisting them, yet again. When I say real...I don't mean...if Arthas had the build of a real human. That's a pathetic point to make. I clearly meant that the cinematics are supposed to take WHAT WOW HAS and make it HQ, yes, but not make their hands smaller.

    Anyway, this is a stupid argument now. Let's stop.
    You've been talking about proportional flaws this whole time. You can't expect us to believe your statement about "I clearly meant that the cinematics are supposed to take WHAT WOW HAS and make it HQ, yes, but not make their hands smaller." Which is a proportional flaw, and you've mentioned their waist sizes and faces and all this stuff about how they don't look real (proportional wise) so you cant expect us to just drop it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Why do you and the other guy insist of talking about real life stuff like how they got so muscular? All I ever said was that the cinematic doesn't match the look that WoW currently has, in terms of, for example, the orcs build.
    Explained up there.
  1. Iamanerd's Avatar
    Very good Cinematic!!! Also to those with nothing constructive to say, please just leave, we no you're entitled to your opinion but only if you post it constructively and not stating it as fact.
  1. Grocalis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Good effort, but you're taking my points and twisting them, yet again.
    You have the right to be sad about the cinematic, but understand what a cinematic actually is before you start arguing it. Is that hard to ask?
  1. TJ's Avatar
    Holy shit, ownage unleashed.
  1. Lord Swizzlington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I'm just saddened by this cinematic. Earlier I was very much in anger, but I've calmed down now to realise my main feeling on what is wrong with this video. The MoP cinematic doesn't even feel like WoW. I feel like I'm watching a cinematic for Tf2. The animation, the exaggerated design on both the orc and the human. All of the things in WoW's lore feels like it couldn't even exist in the MoP cinematic universe. All of your opinions aside: Think of the Draenei or the Blood elf from the TBC cinematic and compare it with the Orc or the human from the MoP cinematic. It's not the same world. All of the other reasons aside, that is my biggest gripe and it saddens me to no end. It's almost as if Blizzard are making fun of themselves with this.
    Uhhh...compare the Orc in this video to the Orc in any other WoW video. Here's a hint: they look near identical. Anyway, these models reflect the in-game models and art style more so than something trying to copy Heavy Rain.

    To help you out, here's the Orc from the Vanilla cinematic.

  1. Ashebringer's Avatar
    I think Blizz some faith in me to actually start playing WoW again. Just a little though. Will have to see how the expansion really is until I can pass judgement though.
  1. Nerraw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardsoldoutin2009 View Post
    i was totally disappointed in the trailer, but relieved that i'm no longer addicted to the game that has went down hill for 3+ years now. for years blizz has SAID this but given us that.

    now they're SAYING this, then we get the trailer that gives us.....that.....again.

    wow is embracing its entry-level MMO status. it's embracing its farmville-status. it's embracing its joke-status
    wow is dead regardless of what the raging fanboys say. mop will do exactly what cata did.....jack shit
    You making an account here for the sole purpose of talking down on the game seems to suggest that you do suffer from some sort of negative affliction.
  1. Sareth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Uhhh...compare the Orc in this video to the Orc in any other WoW video. Here's a hint: they look near identical. Anyway, these models reflect the in-game models and art style more so than something trying to copy Heavy Rain.
    /URL]
    Go back a page.
  1. Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Ah, nice evidence and point there.

    Why bother posting back if you essentially just say. 'No.'
    He practically said fighting is natural, and even pandarens do it, not they should stop it. He just asked the simple wise question "What's worth fighting for?" Is the resources of Pandaria that? After Cataclysm skrewed all other resources over? Maybe.
  1. Grocalis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Why do you and the other guy insist of talking about real life stuff like how they got so muscular? All I ever said was that the cinematic doesn't match the look that WoW currently has, in terms of, for example, the orcs build.
    And we are explaining that WoW, for a long time, has had a stylized aesthetic, one that matches closely with the one in the cinematic. The human looked closer to an in-game human then any human shown before, with his chin, mustache, and overly muscular arms fitting well with our characters. It fits the aesthetic. All the old cinematics always exaggerated some part of the characters (or at the most, didn't show them close enough to matter).

    You say it does not look like WarCraft, I say it looks just like WarCraft.
  1. Zatski's Avatar
    Best
    Wow
    Cinematic...




    Yet :-)
  1. Viloc's Avatar
    Kung Fu Panda 3 looks great
  1. Mehrunes Dagon's Avatar
    This cinematic is the truest to WoW. It doesn't try to be dark and epic like the other ones preceding it. It captures WoW's real atmosphere - conflict, humor, and discovery. You have Illidan with his taunting remark, the Lich King summoning Sindragosa, and Deathwing destroying Azeroth. But you log into the game and you get quests that make you collect helboar poop, bat poop, fox poop, and all kinds of poop quests.

    The game is fun and light-hearted and it's about time they have a cinematic that reflects this. And I approve.
  1. Sareth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes Dagon View Post
    This cinematic is the truest to WoW. It doesn't try to be dark and epic like the other ones preceding it. It captures WoW's real atmosphere - conflict, humor, and discovery. You have Illidan with his taunting remark, the Lich King summoning Sindragosa, and Deathwing destroying Azeroth. But you log into the game and you get quests that make you collect helboar poop, bat poop, fox poop, and all kinds of poop quests.

    The game is fun and light-hearted and it's about time they have a cinematic that reflects this. And I approve.
    Your life must be miserable. I bet you wake up and shovel sugar into your mouth, then run around until you slam your head off a wall because you weren't looking forward. Try some story for once, read a book. Life isn't all farting and burping, mate.
  1. Mehrunes Dagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Your life must be miserable. I bet you wake up and shovel sugar into your mouth, then run around until you slam your head off a wall because you weren't looking forward. Try some story for once, read a book. Life isn't all farting and burping, mate.
    Your frustrations for this cinematic is laughable. Please continue.
  1. richiecqc's Avatar
    Hmm looks like WOW is great again!
  1. Grocalis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Your life must be miserable. I bet you wake up and shovel sugar into your mouth, then run around until you slam your head off a wall because you weren't looking forward. Try some story for once, read a book. Life isn't all farting and burping, mate.
    Yes, because what he meant when he said adventure, humor, and conflict is he meant King Varian having a farting contest with Garrosh.

    WarCraft can be serious and lighthearted, you don't have to monopolize one over the other. Even the WarCraft Novalizations (you did mention reading a book) have a lot of lighthearted parts to them.
  1. ngc2440's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Your life must be miserable. I bet you wake up and shovel sugar into your mouth, then run around until you slam your head off a wall because you weren't looking forward. Try some story for once, read a book. Life isn't all farting and burping, mate.
    If we go by your post history your life is just like his plus ample amounts of whining and complaining. Well I suppose you are not alone in that department, there are quite a few people that post here that do the exact same thing.

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    And clearly the balance is being tipped to lighthearted with MoP. So are you going to be unfair and say that that's alright, when you just said you need a balance?
    Considering the last two expansion cinematic were super serious wouldn't a slightly humerus cinematic be said balancing?

Site Navigation