Upcoming Hotfix to Arcane Power on Crit, Demon Hunter Fan Art, Heart of the Swarm is Live!
Isle of Thunder US - Stage 2 Unlocked
Patch 5.2 Dev Interviews
Another day, another interview. Tonight we take a look at an interview with Dave Kosak, Lead Quest Designer by Buffed.de.
- There are no more five man dungeons planned for Mists of Pandaria. (Discussion)
- Garrosh and Varian will show up again in Patch 5.3, with another chapter of Varian's story.
- The rewards from the daily quest factions in patch 5.2 were intended to make daily quests feel less mandatory, with the best rewards coming from raid reputation.
- More scenarios are coming in future patches. We may see very challenging three player scenarios with pretty good rewards.
- Future patches won't make dramatic changes to Azeroth when the war comes back, but there will be small changes to reflect the war going global.
- The story of the last Pandaren emperor that cloaked the continent in mists will be revealed at some point in the future.
- An animated ebook is coming that tells more of the story of Pandaria and the last emperor, Shaohao.
- The story of the Zandalari isn't over yet!
- Isle of Thunder unlocking is faction based and participation based. The unlock speed is based on participation percentage, not population. Doing just one quest is enough to count as contributing for the day.
- Most realms will fully unlock the Isle within six weeks, with some doing it slightly faster or slower.
- The Isle of Thunder has things like the summonable bosses, rare spawns, chests, Lorewalker objects, and other things to make it more than just a place to go and do daily quests. More things like these will be experimented with in Patch 5.3.
- The Tiller's farm worked out well, and we may see more places to interact with every day in the future.
- The Troves of the Thunder King scenario is intended to be easy to find a key for at least once a week, with a small chance to find another.
- Outdoor bosses, rare spawns, and the Isle of Giants are all ways to encourage players to group up, and we will see more in the future.
- The solo scenarios added in Patch 5.2 allow players to experience the Isle of Thunder unlock events even if they were unable to play for a few weeks, but we won't see a lot of these in the future. They are better for special events or skill challenges, such as the final part of the Patch 5.2 legendary quest chain.
Isle of Thunder Participation
Dave Kosak shared what the percentage of participation for your faction actually means. Some time towards the end of last week US realms stopped unlocking at the same exact rate, so be sure to encourage your faction to do daily quests if you want to keep up!
Oondasta and Nalak Hotfixes
Groups of 80 to 200 players have been forming cross realm raids to kill Oondasta, which occasionally caused some realm stability problems.
Patch 5.2 Hotfixes: March 11
Tonight's hotfixes address several issues, such as the 5% drop rate of the Zandalari dino pets, Throne of Thunder tuning adjustments, AQ exploits, and Blacksmiths making Lightning Steel Ingots too early.
Be sure to read these carefully, as they make note of upcoming class changes.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
The Daily Blink - Donate, and Buff a Mage in Need
The Daily Blink came up with a new way to help out mages after the devastation brought by Patch 5.2. Let's just say it has a quick effect...