is Jaws of Defeat a bad trinket?

As a Resto Shaman i find the "on use" effect to be completely worthless.

Am i wrong?

Yes you are if you use it with conjunction to riptide HW HW Riptide HW HW Riptide HW HW you can still get the best out of it.

Deleted
    Resto shamans are the class that benefit the least from this trinket, you simply dont have the spells to build the stacks fast enough. For a resto shaman id rather use tsunami however if you play any of the other classes it is pretty good.

No it's not bad.

You need to think of this trinket in terms of the ability to cast more spells due to mana saved. You think of the same thing when you think of Spirit trinkets like Fall of Mortality -- it gives you some more mana so you can cast more spells at the same cost.

Jaws of Defeat does this same thing but in a different manner -- you have cheaper spells (saving you mana) so you can cast more, though not a ton, heals.

Let's take an example:
    Let's say a heal costs 1000 mana and you cast 20 of them. If you use a Spirit trinket, let's assume it would give you back enough mana to cast 2 more spells. (so you end up casting 22 spells and spending 22,000 mana). Jaws of Defeat would be used at the beginning (for this example). It would save you enough mana (via spell cost reduction) to be able to cast another 2 spells.

Obviously it's not that black and white, but it's the same concept.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    riptide HW HW Riptide HW HW Riptide HW HW
    In case of a rotation like this the two riptides I underlined wont give an extra stack of victorious because of the 1sec internal cooldown the trinket has.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    In case of a rotation like this the two riptides I underlined wont give an extra stack of victorious because of the 1sec internal cooldown the trinket has.
    Pretty sure it doesn't work that way. Disc Priest in my guild has Inner Focus, PW:Shield, and the trinket macro'd together and he gets 2 stacks the instant he hits the button. I haven't taken the time to observe if this is true or not, but I'll believe that if there's no source that the proc has a 1 second ICD.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Step1: pop the trinket
    Step2: Lightning bolt
    step3: ???
    step4: Profit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopsa View Post
    Pretty sure it doesn't work that way. Disc Priest in my guild has Inner Focus, PW:Shield, and the trinket macro'd together and he gets 2 stacks the instant he hits the button. I haven't taken the time to observe if this is true or not, but I'll believe that if there's no source that the proc has a 1 second ICD.
    This trinket has a 1 sec internal cooldown, I have it on two characters myself and we also had this discussion on the holy paladin forum. There are certian things that will give you two procs (such as beacon + PotI from paladins) however you cannot use a casted heal then an instant heal right after and get two stacks.