Poll: How will you buy Guild Wars 2?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I wouldn't make plans for March though.
    Most peoples money is on Q2 2012; Personally I'm tipping April.
    If I'm being realistic I would also say late April for a release day as well, but I like to think it will be out in time for someone else to buy the CE for my birthday so I can avoid shelling out the $50-100. But if I have to I certainly think it will be worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I wouldn't make plans for March though.
    Most peoples money is on Q2 2012; Personally I'm tipping April.
    Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 27th April /crossfingers

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ive already pre ordered.

Deleted
    I will direct download and play when servers go live. probably a 3 day binge or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaeyiDream View Post
    I will direct download and play when servers go live. probably a 3 day binge or something
    Only 3 days?

Deleted
    Put on a pot of coffee!!! Unless it's like the release of Cataclysm where I had to sit on a 72 hour ban at release!

I would want to get it from Steam, personally, but my internet connection isn't so reliable.

I might go out and buy an actual copy in which case. ^^

Deleted
    Probably get an actual copy asap on release day, or if I'm too lazy to go to the shop, Steam :P

If the price difference between physical and digital copy is less than 5 dollars, i'll be getting the boxed game.
    Any rumors when it's coming out?

10+ Year Old Account
    I amalways afraid that the websites will be busy and then crash haha I feel safer getting a physicsl copy of it.

Yep me and kalla standing in line at walmart or somewhere for it the minute they release it. BAHHH!

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought WotLK at the midnight release, I did the same thing for Cataclysm. I will do the same thing with GW2.
    MIDNIGHT RELEASE, BABY! WOO!

I love midnight releases. The energy and enthusiasm of the gamers standing in line with me is exciting. CE for me (if available) at a midnight release and I'll be taking a week off of work with my husband to play till our eyes explode. Time to start stocking up on energy drinks.

My option of choice wasn't there, so I abstain.

I'll buy it from wherever is the cheapest on day one (presuming I like the beta). "Cheapest" will have an interesting meaning, because most places do a free gift card with game purchase. For example, when Portal 2 was released, the PS3 version had a $5 price reduction and $20 gift card from Amazon.com. This effectively made the game $35, AND the PS3 version had a way of unlocking a PC version (IF you link your PS3 to your Steam account), so that was a good deal.

Amazon.com could do the same thing again, but I've noticed they usually base their day one sales on what the competition is doing. Plus, it's usually just a $10, so there's usually less of a savings impact compared to the Portal 2 deal I mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G-rated View Post
    Yep me and kalla standing in line at walmart or somewhere for it the minute they release it. BAHHH!
    Kalla and I** hahah jk. Yes midnight release it is!

Probably digital download unless I really want whatevers in the CE. If I'm just geting standard version I may as well go digital, I can install and play right away without standing in a line or finding out there are not enough at the local store.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    There's this super market near by which has always had the games I've been interested in their sheves on day one. So I'm going there at 8 o'clock on the release day, that's when it opens. This is a very small town as well so not a lot of competition with getting my hands on one of the games.

I'd prefer digital, Steam if possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the box of such games Will deffy buy the box, on day one. Won't go midnight release

10+ Year Old Account
    Either Midnight release or buy it later at the same day.
    I want to have the Box in my room! :-)