Page 1 of 26
... LastLast

Reserving Loot - Glorified Ninja?

Clarification --- "Ninja" is a bad term and not really fitting. I don't know how to edit topic titles, so just post your thoughts on the following:

I've started to see a few obnoxious trends on US_Illidan lately. I'll use this to rant a bit and see if it sparks a fun debate. Share your thoughts, criticize mine, whatever!

What I see in Trade: "LFM fresh FL clear. BOE's & Embers on reserve. Link ilvl and 7/7 achieve."

What it really means: "Please come make me money. Oh, your BiS items are BoE? Too bad."

-----

What I see in Trade: "<Guild Name Here> Hosted 7/7 FL clear. BOE's on Reserve."

What it really means: "I don't know what the word "host" implies."

-----

And my new favorite, getting into a BH25 group that has 3-4 of every class but 1, and that would be whatever the Raid leader is.

-----

Share your thoughts and opinions on the new ways people are screwing others out of loot!

READING BASICS: I'm not asking how to handle it. I'm well aware I can make my own group. I'm asking for YOUR OPINION. Thank you!
    Last edited by Prag; 2011-11-01 at 06:16 PM.

Go make your own group with your own rules if you don't like it.

Deleted
    Raid Leader goues trought truble to make a party he deserves to to set a rules.
    If you dont like them. doint join.

10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes our 10m has to pug a dps if we are missing someone, as happens when exams etc arise with some of our raiders, due to college. we reserve cinders as they go to our guild. this is not ninja'ing. if you don't agree with the loot rules, you are free to find another group.

Deleted
    I don't join loot reserved groups. Everyone puts the same amount of effort into the raid, everyone should have a fair shot at the loot.

Balancing the raid in your favour isnt really ninjaing. Its forward thinking. However "reserving" is honist ninjaing in my eyes. Yes you guys did the work but im taking the items, im letting you know beforehand so i dont get hastle from a GM.
    i personally wont join or allow any guildies to host a "reserved run" without exeption. if a guildie chooses to stack a raid in his/her favour, well theres not a lot you can do about that. it just might screw them over for group balance :P

Quote Originally Posted by Krid View Post
    Did I ask how to handle it?

I asked for your opinion, or for you to criticize my opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Simply put: It's not ninja looting if his intentions are stated up front and in the open.

Also, the second example usually means its a guild's alt run, at least over here on Mal'ganis anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    I prefer if people say this and that is reserved instead of just take them. You can choose not to join that raid in the first case. Just make tyour own raid as above people said.

The last scenario is par with ninjalooting imo.
    Last edited by mmoc410448ef5d; 2011-11-01 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krid View Post
    This. Most of the time groups don't fill if they have an item reserved, because players only go in there for that item anyway.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Dont like the rules dont join, you agree to them then you join.
    Want to raid... make your own group and set own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaede View Post
    I don't join loot reserved groups. Everyone puts the same amount of effort into the raid, everyone should have a fair shot at the loot.
    yeah thats not true though, the raid leader(s) put in much more effort than the rest of the group

true story

People have a choice to join them or not, knowing what will happen beforehand. So no, it's not ninjaing.

Deleted
    a ninja is someone who breaks the loot rules set in place at the start of a raid- as raid leader he can set whatever rules up he wants, and isn't in the wrong unless he himself breaks those rules. Of course, this DOES kind of say, well... raid with a guild/fixed group, don't pug.

Quote Originally Posted by TommmyBoy View Post
    Raid Leader goues trought truble to make a party he deserves to to set a rules.
    If you dont like them. doint join.
    My experience exactly. I did an OS25+3 to get the mount for my girlfriend as a birthday present. Reserved the mount, offered 10k to whoever won the roll. People still complained, 'If I win the roll, can I have the mount instead?' I told them no, they can run the raid themselves. Fact is, not one of the people who left even did OS25 that week. They wanted to go to the raid I made and have loot exactly the way they wanted too.

Reserving all BoE's is douchey to my view, but your right being the one running and organizing the raid. If you don't like it, set one up on your own.

lol @ guild runs where things are reserved being ninjas. In all likelihood you're simply being carried. You're joining a smooth group which presumably isn't going to need to worry about any kind of progression or training. All you do is join, accept your summon, eat a feast if they drop one, and play at a mediocre level. You need to reciprocate the effort given to you, and most pugs are never going to do that. Really, no pug ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Share your thoughts and opinions on the new ways people are screwing others out of loot!
    It's not screwing anyone over if rules are stated in advance.

If it's said in advance, I have no issue with it.

That said, doesn't mean I'll go.

People that reserve items during their runs are loot .... you know what they are, and i for one hate them with a passion. But to me, the greatest mystery is why would anyone in their right mind join one of these runs...?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Simply put: It's not ninja looting if his intentions are stated up front and in the open.

Also, the second example usually means its a guild's alt run, at least over here on Mal'ganis anyway.
    Premeditated murder will get your more time than just killing someone on the spot. Just saying.

And I would agree with the Guild Alt run, except when I get into the group it's 1 alt from a good guild and a bunch of pugs.