Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by doesnotcare View Post
    http://www.mmocrunch.com/2011/12/09/...auction-house/

but should we really be surprised as this is the direction that blizzard/activision have been going the last few years
    "Hi! i blindly believe everything said about Blizzard as long as Blizzard don't say it themselves!"

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    I agree, I would most likely not bother with anything bar the singleplayer campaign either. But think of it this way: What if this is just a test-run for a future MMO/future feature to put into WoW? Think about that. What if you could buy your gear in a MMO with real money? We should get one thing straight and that is that Blizzard, most likely, doesn't mind gold-selling per say. What they do mind is that they don't have any control over it, if they pulled the strings and they got the profits they wouldn't mind at all as long as it didn't ruin the game and thus cut their profits as people left.

Diablo III is most likely a test-run, if their argument for the real money auction house was that "If we can't stop it we can take control over it to make the procedures safer for individual customers" then what stops them from saying the same about gold-selling in WoW?
    This is a pretty dumb slippery slope argument. Judge the RMAH based off what it is now, not what it may possibly be if and when X happens in the future to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Since when does "holding on to money" = Bank? Does that mean i work at a bank? when we have a customer return something we don't give them cash, we give them credit on their account. I guess that makes us a bank too huh? well shit, I bet you can call every other store a bank as a lot of stores issue credit/gift cards. Hang on I'll brb while i go open an account at the bank of wal-mart.

way to take everything to an extremely literal sense to try to make yourself look "smart". its really no suprise some ***clown such as yourself works in retail, lol. you win the internet argument, have fun with your shitty, miserable existence irl! =D

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    way to take everything to an extremely literal sense to try to make yourself look "smart". its really no suprise some ***clown such as yourself works in retail, lol. you win the internet argument, have fun with your shitty, miserable existence irl! =D
    Ad hominem

Way to back up your arguement. If you can't debate with someone. I would recommend not posting on a internet forum.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Wasn't there some days/weekends where the fee wasn't up?

Also, Ebay have fees too.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    "Hi! i blindly believe everything said about Blizzard as long as Blizzard don't say it themselves!"
    ... and as long as it puts Actiblizz in negative light!

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    ... and as long as it puts Actiblizz in negative light!
    DAMN YOU ACTIVISION YOU RUIN MY GAME!!!1

"How?"

Dunno...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been awhile, but I used to make a living off of selling stuff on eBay. Pretty sure it was against their rules for the sellers to charge their customers "Paypal fees." Unless I'm misunderstanding, Blizzard is passing their PayPal fees off onto the seller, which was basically the same thing?

Anywho, PayPal is a corrupt, awful piece of junk and I hate it. GL, D3. :/
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurumiki View Post
    It's been awhile, but I used to make a living off of selling stuff on eBay. Pretty sure it was against their rules for the sellers to charge their customers "Paypal fees." Unless I'm misunderstanding, Blizzard is passing their PayPal fees off onto the seller, which was basically the same thing?

Anywho, PayPal is a corrupt, awful piece of junk and I hate it. GL, D3. :/
    As i don't use E-bay the only thing i can say here is this.

Blizzard =/= E-bay. Whatever rules E-bay has does not apply to Blizzard.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizark View Post
    This is a pretty dumb slippery slope argument. Judge the RMAH based off what it is now, not what it may possibly be if and when X happens in the future to wow.
    I am not talking just WoW here, I am talking about the entire industry. Companies are always trying to pry at consumer integrity - EA does it, Ubisoft does it, [insert major publisher here] does it, all in the interest of getting more money. If Blizzard shows everyone that "Hey look, buying in-game items for real money in a competetive multiplayer game is ok!" do you think they will be the only ones doing it? I can give you one flat, big NO to that question. If we as consumers don't stand our ground on this issue and tell Blizzard that "No we won't have it" it will be all the worse for all of us. Do you want multiplayer games in the future to be all about how much money you have spent on it? Do you want to buy games that come with half the product and if you want to enjoy the other half you have to pay more? I know I don't.

Blizzard is hacking away at consumer integrity and some people applaude Blizzard for being "at the forefront of game development". Yeah right, at the forefront of cramming every last dollar out of your pocket with as little effort as possible is more like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is hacking away at consumer integrity and some people applaude Blizzard for being "at the forefront of game development". Yeah right, at the forefront of cramming every last dollar out of your pocket with as little effort as possible is more like it.
    I just want you to understand that this is your opinion. This is not a fact. I am fine with how blizzard runs as a company.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Wait to overreact to theoretical numbers.
    This. We've recieved no offical numbers from blizzard and are assuming alot here. It makes sense for the numbers to be slightly high however for the cashing out fee as that way people will have it go into their battle net balance and the money goes straight back into blizz.

My only expectation from the RMAH:

Buy me 1 $5 lunch a week.

Nothing more.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Wait to overreact to theoretical numbers.
    In alot of ways the numbers are irrelavent. It's blizz's mentality about the whole process that has alot of D3 fans riled up.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Diablo III is most likely a test-run, if their argument for the real money auction house was that "If we can't stop it we can take control over it to make the procedures safer for individual customers" then what stops them from saying the same about gold-selling in WoW?
    The Blizzard endorsed RMT for WoW is the Winged Guardian Cub, I expect we'll see some mor BoE vanity items show up in the store during MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised. It would make me a sad panda though ):

Quote Originally Posted by Adeodatus View Post
    In alot of ways the numbers are irrelavent. It's blizz's mentality about the whole process that has alot of D3 fans riled up.
    We can't really make a determination about Blizzard's mentality unless they make a statement and give final numbers. The fake numbers on that website represent a very different theoretical mentality than if those fake numbers were, say, all just a fraction of a dollar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbers in example given by article are exaggerated. I highly doubt each fee will take 25% of profit.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Fake numbers are fake..

also they said there would be a marginal fee,. a flat fee - to discourage people posting JUNK on the AH.