Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will MOP mean ferals need 2 tokens?

Now that Blizz is actually splitting feral DPS and tanking(Guardian), will that mean we now have to win a token for each spec? I realize that other classes have had to do this since the beginning but it just feels like another example of Blizz stripping away the uniqueness and versatility of the class.

Most likely, yes. Just like the other classes, you'll now join the rank of needing things for one spec vs multiple on the same token.

If anything, that's adding more uniqueness to the classes, not stripping it away like you're saying. Again, it's not stripping any versatility away from your class. Just like other classes, you have gear to fit certain specs, and will need to have a variety of gear to fill the variety of roles you're performing.

What it sounds like you're asking for is for less work, while having it be more rewarding. That be like warriors only needing one set of gear for tanking and DPS.

no, feral needs 1 guardian needs 1

You don't already do this? I have two completely different sets of agi leather on my feral druid, one reforged and gemmed optimally for tanking, the other for dps-- everything from boots and belt to tier and trinkets. Nothing for me will change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    You don't already do this? I have two completely different sets of agi leather on my feral druid, one reforged and gemmed optimally for tanking, the other for dps-- everything from boots and belt to tier and trinkets. Nothing for me will change.
    what he said, OP do you regem / reforge each time you switch specs?
    how can you argue against this change
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Think he means we will go to the vendor and 2 sets of agility leather will be available except one which you can enchant and gems depending on the spec.
    Last edited by Grum88; 2012-02-20 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    what he said, OP do you regem / reforge each time you switch specs?
    how can you argue against this change
    I can argue this change very easily. Cat and Bear being under one spec is the sole reason I chose this class 3 years ago. Without making a giant debate, I'm firmly behind the people who believe this is a HUGE mistake, and a step backwards for our class. I chose a hybrid. I did not choose a rogue with cat form. I did not choose a warrior who looked like a bear. I chose a f****** hybrid, and now Blizzard is looking to make me just another run of the mill DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stripping away Uniqueness? Sorry, is that a joke?

If anything, they have made your class the MOST unique being the ONLY one with 4 Specs

All they're doing is taking the unfair advantage of not having to farm a second gear set away from you

---------- Post added 2012-02-20 at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    I can argue this change very easily. Cat and Bear being under one spec is the sole reason I chose this class 3 years ago. Without making a giant debate, I'm firmly behind the people who believe this is a HUGE mistake, and a step backwards for our class. I chose a hybrid. I did not choose a rogue with cat form. I did not choose a warrior who looked like a bear. I chose a f****** hybrid, and now Blizzard is looking to make me just another run of the mill DPS.
    Sorry you're gonna have to respec and farm for gear just like EVERY one else
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

@Daetur - sure I carry certain pieces to swap out but since my tier can be split, i gem/enchant with an emphasis on agi, mastery, and crit. These compliment both specs.

@Truth - Im actually thinking of my 10man raid a s a whole. This means i will need to take 4 additional Vanq token from my guildys in order to do the same job I am now. Sometimes RNG just isnt your friend. We have 5 raiders needing Vanq but it rarely drops. Yeah I know, boo hoo for us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephurwitch View Post
    no, feral needs 1 guardian needs 1
    this. there is still only one feral spec (which uses cat form) and a new guardian spec, which uses bear form.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    @Daetur - sure I carry certain pieces to swap out but since my tier can be split, i gem/enchant with an emphasis on agi, mastery, and crit. These compliment both specs.
    If you aren't reforging to dodge as a bear, or getting your hit and expertise up as a cat, you're gimping both specs by trying to use 1 gear set for both.

You aren't, really, since we don't play optimally with a hybridized spec anymore. If you want to be an optimal bear, you already need a dedicated bear spec, and an optimal cat will need a dedicated cat set and spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Grum88 View Post
    Think he means we will go to the vendor and 2 sets of agility leather will be available except one which you can enchant and gems depending on the spec.
    I don't think so, he said "win a token for each set," implying that he doesn't currently consume 2 tokens between his cat and bear gear sets.

I suppose I understand this being an inconvenience for players who do not optimize their gear.

@Daetur - having mastery on 4 pieces of gear vs reforging to dodge, isn't going to be a deal breaker. And after dropping 4pc t12, a kitty doesn't need to be hit/expertise capped. It helps if you are swipe spamming but they are the lowest itemized secondary stats with 4p T13. (Also its almost impossible not to be expertise capped in full 397 gear due to it being on everything)

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    @Daetur - having mastery on 4 pieces of gear vs reforging to dodge, isn't going to be a deal breaker. And after dropping 4pc t12, a kitty doesn't need to be hit/expertise capped. It helps if you are swipe spamming but they are the lowest itemized secondary stats with 4p T13. (Also its almost impossible not to be expertise capped in full 397 gear due to it being on everything)
    I never said it wasn't viable, I said it isn't optimal to use two sets with the same gems and reforging for both tanking and dps int he game's current state, and that won't change with Cata. People who, right now, don't use two sets will probably not care enough to use two sets in Mists either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    If anything, they have made your class the MOST unique being the ONLY one with 4 Specs
    /facepalm

Yeah we're real unique when we're being turned into basically Rogues and Warriors with little to no diversity.

/facepalm

Yeah we're real unique when we're being turned into basically Rogues and Warriors with little to no diversity.
    /Well, at least no other class can be a warrior, rogue, priest, and mage at the same time, right?/
    You're the only one with shapeshifting, and Symbiosis will give you some very interesting utility.

If anything, it looks like they're trying to encourage the hybrid playstyle while making more defined specs, if the Heart of the Wild and Dream of Cenarius Tier 6 talents are anything to go on.

But, I really don't think you're going to be able to look at this any way other than your own. I still see druids as being very unique, especially with the addition of the Mists talents.

To Kioga,
    Do you ask the same question to warrior, pally or DK?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reforging takes just 10 seconds. Regemming is not really needed. Enchants will be sub-optimal, but not useless.
    Feral was the only true hybrid dps-tank that was able to become full tank in just several minutes.

Half of the bosses in current content require just 1 tank instead of 2. If you talk about normal mode, you need just 1 tank for all bosses but Ultraxion. If you talk about firelands heroic, the only boss where 2 tanks were needed was beth'tilac.

So having a tank that is able to switch between tank and dps is a must. Either this, or you have to bench your tank for every second boss, which is ridiculous, especially for 10man.

Also its not only about raiding. Not more than 5% of wow players actually raid. Feral cat was always able to tank heroics in his cat gear. That greatly increased amount of available tanks and reduced LFD queue times.

So instead of removing the hybridness of ferals, its better to let other tanks to have the same utility.
    Last edited by Fiana; 2012-02-21 at 06:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    gearwise it seems that feral gaurdium will still work of agility gear whit mastery & crit, so i dont think blizzard wil add a tanking tier, we probely still use the cat / bear hybrid items

about not having to farm a 2nd set? you do have to reforge & reenchant every piece of gear each time you swap its cheaper for warrior / pally / dk who only have to enchant thier gear once once even tho they need 2 items
    personally i already use 2 item 2 of the same item one whit tanking enchant / reforge and one for dps
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2012-02-21 at 08:13 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

The main reason you can't tank as a DPS cat at the moment is the minor spec differences and the gearing difference. With this change the spec difference will be bigger. This makes me hope that it'll make the gear difference between the specs smaller, making cat tanking better (with a respec) and making bear dpsing better (again with a respec). It's removing the ability to switch mid-fight, but making it more viable and a shorter distance to switch between fights. This could put ferals back in the spot as the ideal offtank (while still being just as viable as the others for main tanking), due to being able to DPS very well on 1 tank fights.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, hopefully bears can get some good tanking stats on their sets. Like dodge And hopefully we will not have an essay as set bonus. This will be so awesome. ^^ Specially since feral cats hopefully don't get A LOT of Expertise on their gear so they go several points above.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012