Thread: Overpower

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Overpower

i heard you liked overpower so we gave you an overpower, with an overpower, with another overpower, oh and another overpower..
    No but seriously
    "Taste for Blood: You have a 100% chance for Mortal Strike to enable the use of Overpower, and a 30% chance for Overpower to enable the use of an additional Overpower."
    30% seems like were gonna be spamming OS a lot if rng goes on our side

Im quite happy with the change although i can see if it becomes "OP" in pvp or something they may do what they did to incite and make procs not be-able to proc the effect but so far lookign forward to my war in pvp in mop "FUS RO DAH"
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Phinkydo View Post
    Im quite happy with the change although i can see if it becomes "OP" in pvp or something they may do what they did to incite and make procs not be-able to proc the effect but so far lookign forward to my war in pvp in mop "FUS RO DAH"
    Ahh yes, especially with avatar, oh god thatll get nerfed so hard

lol I just dodged your MS. Now can rest for another 6 seconds xP

Quote Originally Posted by Asperity View Post
    Gotta make sure they land then. Get it in during the charge stun :P

Deleted
    Pff, cap expertise. Problem solved.

Overpower is still the same only taste for blood changed how it proc so overpower is still usable when a target dodges an ability so dodge all you like it will proc and then taste for blood may proc from that overpower
    I Delight in the Irony

So, if you´re perfectly Lucky, it could happen, that u

MS, Op, op, op, Ms, op,op, op, Ms etc for a whole fight (with cs mixed in)

Quote Originally Posted by Mahagony View Post
    So, if you´re perfectly Lucky, it could happen, that u

MS, Op, op, op, Ms, op,op, op, Ms etc for a whole fight (with cs mixed in)
    ^This until rage cap then spam slam and Hstrike to burn rage and repeat
    I Delight in the Irony

I'm happy they got rid of both Rend -and- Lambs stacking, effectively reducing our dmg ramp up to 0.. Will be delightfully bursty gameplay indeed. But as many pointed out, now that OP procs off MS, if we miss MS at a bad moment, and at too low rage to Slam fill, then we have very little to fall back on as far as filler attacks go.

I guess Arms will have to develop a habit of always pooling around 60 rage to Slam if MS misses.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2012-03-27 at 10:10 AM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    I'm happy they got rid of both Rend -and- Lambs stacking, effectively reducing our dmg ramp up to 0.. Will be delightfully bursty gameplay indeed. But as many pointed out, now that OP procs off MS, if we miss MS at a bad moment, and at too low rage to Slam fill, then we have very little to fall back on as far as filler attacks go.

I guess Arms will have to develop a habit of always pooling around 60 rage to Slam if MS misses.
    Or just don't miss. Hit + exp cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Or just don't miss. Hit + exp cap.
    c'mon what if it happens in PvP kitty or Rogue?

c'mon what if it happens in PvP kitty or Rogue?
    so they will dodge your MS and Dodge = Overpover so you wont lose OP only MS damage , only big lose for this situation will be healing debuff but like OP can be use after every MS Dodge , 30% after other OP and there is no more LttS we will spam OP on Rogues and Ferals
    Last edited by kubuntu; 2012-03-27 at 11:03 AM.

So they take one of the best Arms playstyle they have ever had and completely ruin it. Meanwhile they are also taking the worst Fury playstyle since early vanilla, and making it even more shit.

I cannot fucking wait for pandas expansion

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    so they will dodge your MS and Dodge = Overpover so you wont lose OP only MS damage , only big lose for this situation will be healing debuff but like OP can be use after every MS Dodge , 30% after other OP and there is no more LttS we will spam OP on Rogues and Ferals
    I get it... So after dodge you still get a free OP, they didn't change it at least. And I guess it won't be a dps loss then cause OP has no rage cost and does 140% wep dmg instead of 125% plus 1282.
    I almost see the glass half-full now, thanks.

Seems like overpower is going to be our main damage dealer. I wonder know if Expertise will have much less value than it once did. It would be nice to not have to worry about capping another stat when I could use some crit or mastery

Then again, missing Slam HS or MS could prove painful, but if OP is as god as it seems, it should cover the damage loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    started a thread about this,but since it fits here i will repost it.

say in pvp you miss the opening MS,charge is on cd and you have no rage.how do we attack "auto swing lol for 6 secs?we no longer get rage from damage taken correct?b-rage no longer gives rage.so what is the new rotation?heroic costs what 30 rage?slam costs 30 rage.

charge,hamstring,then MS,CS,OP "maybe more then one"-then slam/heroic, then repeat.is this the rotation on beta "pvp"?as i stated above,if we miss the opening MS,how do we attack or gain rage?just auto swings?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    dont get to hyped about it... from what I have seen in beta so far (from a friend), overpower doesn't have + 60% crit chance anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct, OP doesn't have a Crit inherent chance to it anymore otherwise in this model you would be Enraged 100% and have way too much rage generation.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

GC had to have had a good reason to remove something like that. tbh, I'd much rather see 30% crit again in my character pane, instead of on certain abilities. At least that way, slam and autoattack are included, and they don't feel lackluster compared to MS or OP like it does now (At least for me). That's not to say slam's damage isn't great, because it is.