Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    Find a way to make them both come out fast and nearly to completely buggless

win ^
    Only way to do that is to not announce your game until it's almost done. Kind of hard when you have to announce GW2 to explain why GW1 isn't getting any more expansions/standalones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    By 'not having patches' you mean set patch dates that they put off fixes until, right? Because GW1 definitely fixed/added things. xD
    Yea, exactly. They are always fixing things and tweaking the game, but without the hassle of patching or maintenance days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    few months ago people thought that the game would be released end of June, which is sometime next week, but no :/
    Only gullible people thought that, imo.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Only gullible people thought that, imo.
    You're quoting someone who's initial estimates were ~may after pre-purchases were announced as being in april, if I remember correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're quoting someone who's initial estimates were ~may after pre-purchases were announced as being in april, if I remember correctly.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.php...do=showresults

You're just upset that your vote was wrong. :O
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    I'm still in tha race woo

Deleted
    Will still go with late August/early September for the release...just a matter of waiting for the BWE3 to scratch that GW2 itch a bit.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.php...do=showresults

You're just upset that your vote was wrong. :O
    At least I wasn't guessing early may even though there was a confirmed BWE april and at least one more after that, as some people were. Evidence at the time pointed to late June at the very earliest and Aug at the latest, so /shrug.

Deleted
    Still hoping for September.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Don't think any evidence ever suggested that at all, other than people just hoping and praying for it.

Even if they've been holding back a TON of stuff that's already set to roll, it would still put them at an October date at the earliest, I would think, given (at least) one more BWE, some sort of open beta or larger scale testing release, then printing/distribution/etc.

I can't even imagine, given the state of the game and what we'd actually seen in early 2012, how people seriously thought June-July was a reasonable release target.
    Not wanting to have a long beta + at least 2 betas = 2-5months to release assumed. Also, obviously they aren't showing us everything that's ready for launch. You would be unbelievably silly to think so. For one, it was said at a much earlier time that the most complete part of their game was the dungeons yet we still to this day barely know more about 7/8 of them than their names.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Exactly. Assumed. There was never anything suggesting any sort of timeframe at all, other than people hoping and praying and assuming things.
    Assumptions based off of facts. Them saying they don't want a long beta + them saying there would be at least 2 BWEs. Not wanting a long beta and not having a long beta are two different things, but still.

first world problems ftw

Deleted
    I'm waiting for the release date so I can book time off work =)

Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    I'm waiting for the release date so I can book time off work =)
    I'm doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assumptions based off of facts. Them saying they don't want a long beta + them saying there would be at least 2 BWEs. Not wanting a long beta and not having a long beta are two different things, but still.
    There's a reason I did not vote June - there was no real "evidence" behind it. To the contrary, evidence suggested it would take more than two months to complete the game.

There's a reason I did not vote June - there was no real "evidence" behind it. To the contrary, evidence suggested it would take more than two months to complete the game.
    June was the EARLIEST it could possibly have come out. I voted for the optimistic answer. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm disagreeing that it was ever a possibility.

Deleted
    DELIAS YOU SHRUG TOO OFTEN

it's not healthy young lady.
    ehh..

I thought an early summer date justified the rush content, this is what people were saying 5 months ago.

"It's because they are working on MoP", yet didn't realize that the nerf was going to reach 30% making DS last a long time. I am just hopeful for a June announcement of the release date. Raids still have to be worked on, which usually takes 3+ months. So much for playing Panda in the summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are smart and that is what will make GW2 apart of many other releases, they are not afraid to push back, better have a strong late release than one that is rushed and will drive away players like so many others in the past. This make me believe more and more in Arenanet capabilities to deliver a strong game.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience." ~Anonymous