Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Girl plays QB in High School Football game

What's your thoughts on this? If you have a daughter, would you allow her to play?

Personally I'm fine with it. But, how long before she take a hard shot from her blind side?

http://espn.go.com/espnw/more-sports...on-high-school
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I don't see a problem with it, her bones are just as strong as mine. It's her choice to play, so let her.

For taking a hard shot from the blind side, it happens to everyone Male or Female

If a girl/woman is talented enough and has the physicality to earn a spot over her male peers, there's no reason she shouldn't be able to. Being a guy doesn't prevent QB's from being knocked around, that's why there are so many rules to try and keep that position as safe as possible in such a violent sport.

Well, women aren't made of glass you know . Should be about as bad for a girl as it is for a boy and QB is not a linesmen where you need your power to push people around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erquonter View Post
    I don't see a problem with it, her bones are just as strong as mine. It's her choice to play, so let her.

For taking a hard shot from the blind side, it happens to everyone Male or Female
    No doubt, but her size is what would scare me. 5'6" and only 150 lbs. She's going to be giving up an awful lot of size compared to the guys who will be hitting her. A blitzing 6'+ 200lbs+ linebacker can do some serious damage on a similarly sized opponent, hitting someone who is so much smaller will be an absolute trucking.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2012-09-13 at 03:04 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

15+ Year Old Account
    A piece happy news, equality is a good thing.
    If she and her coach think she is good enough she deserve the spot as much as anyone else.
    Best of luck to her
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Her height is actually her biggest obstacle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Sports section.

This really isn't that big. In the first game, she handed the ball of twice to burn time. And as the article mentioned, other girls were playing football as well, just none at QB in Florida. They don't mention what she did in the newest game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think girls should be allowed to play on an all boys team. My High School had a volleyball team, but it was just for girls. There was not a mens volleyball. If I wanted to play on it, I'm sure I would have just gotten a "hell no". That's how this should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I don't think girls should be allowed to play on an all boys team. My High School had a volleyball team, but it was just for girls. There was not a mens volleyball. If I wanted to play on it, I'm sure I would have just gotten a "hell no". That's how this should be.
    If she wants to play football and she knows the risks, such as being singled out and flattened, let her. If you want to play volleyball and actually PLAY volleyball and not just stand there and drool until you get beaned in the face with the ball, sure, go ahead.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    My ex gf played in highschool too. won a championship. she wasn't QB though.

Hands off a few times, and they call that playing QB. But I mean...congrats?

10+ Year Old Account
    we had a female kicker on our HS football team.

a female QB in texas would probably suffer a broken neck though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't matter to me. We had a girl on our football team. Sounds like they are just doing it for the publicity.

10+ Year Old Account
    publicity springs up when they hear the word "quarterback"

I don't worry too much about her getting hurt, she's a girl and she's small, they probably would not try and batter her too much, besides she's 3rd string and the game is decided by the time she would come in

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    This isn't an "All Boys" league, she's just the first one to play QB. As long as she's not expecting anyone to take it easy on her, I see no problem.

I think it is awesome. I have known several girls who love football and said they would love to play but they never did anything with it. I'd be very interested to see a girl, in any position get drafted to some college to play for, and then make it into the NFL. That would be the coolest thing but who knows if/when it would happen

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

its irresponsible to allow her to play. She is a tiny thing (according to description). If she was more big and bulky, then she will be perfect for the position. Right now, i think it is she is overkill target.

If she and her coach think she's up to it, then go for it. Same as any male player. That's all that matters.