Page 1 of 2
LastLast

mop ret paladins = wrath ret with interrupt and snare???

I havent play since may 2011(6 months after cata) and im hearing that they are no longer glass cannons. They acquired an interrupt(I loved it.) in cata and now they have additional options to snare people??

Add the fact that they brought back sacred shield AND TEH BUBBLEH HEARTH.

Im also hearing that they uped their sustained dmg while balancing out the RNG Wings burst.

Can i now 1v1 with my old ret paladin like i could in wrath but I can actually hit ranged classes this time around?
    Last edited by SuperomegaOP; 2012-09-23 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    I havent play since may 2011(6 months after cata) and im hearing that they are no longer glass cannons. They acquired an interrupt(I loved it.) in cata and now they have additional options to snare people??

Add the fact that they brought back sacred shield AND TEH BUBBLEH HEARTH.

Im also hearing that they uped their sustained dmg while balancing out the RNG Wings burst.

Can i now 1v1 with my old ret paladin like i could in wrath but I can actually hit ranged classes this time around?
    Indeed we can hit ranged classes, better than ever before. With the 'Burden of Guilt' talent we can now slow all classes every time we judge for 7ish seconds without having to swap seals. Also, our sustained damage is horrible. HORRIBLE. But our burst is amazing (when its available) and so is our healing.

Over-all, we have crazy-awesome mobility, amazing healing and crap sustained damage. But I'm enjoying the heck out of it right now, just wish our sustained was better.

Oh, and wings are undispel-able atm.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    hey, our sustained is better then it was in cata, in cata i felt rets had no sustain, and were all burst

so mop ret >>>>>>>> cata ret imo...but then again after the first season of cata, i quit ret pvp and went to le dk

oh... sucks to see sustained dmg still in the gutter. Well at-least we get everything else that we need i assume

Deleted
    Stop spreading false information really, our sustained damage is far from "horrible" ..

Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    Stop spreading false information really, our sustained damage is far from "horrible" ..
    Sustained is... below average at best.

Burst is immense. Like, amazingly immense. Like flatten a healer before they know they're in trouble immense. If the bursts on I can probably go 3 on 1 with very little issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    \

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Deleted
    We are far from wrath rets now.

Wrath ret had great sustained damage and good burst - MoP ret has shitty sustained and insane burst
    Wrath ret had cleanse to remove cc from team members
    Wrath ret got out of stuns with HoF
    Wrath ret got sacred shield that worked well - MoP version got broken by blizz and its weaker than the wrath version
    Wrath ret had repentance - MoP ret can get repentance but you need to trade slow for it and the new version sucks with cast time
    Wrath ret only sacrificed a AoW proc to heal - MoP ret sacrifices Templars Verdict
    Wrath ret had dispel protection to bubble and hands - MoP ret doesnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Retavenger View Post

Wrath ret had great sustained damage and good burst - MoP ret has shitty sustained and insane burst
    Wrath ret got sacred shield that worked well - MoP version got broken by blizz and its weaker than the wrath version
    Wrath ret had repentance - MoP ret can get repentance but you need to trade slow for it and the new version sucks with cast time
    Wrath ret only sacrificed a AoW proc to heal - MoP ret sacrifices Templars Verdict
    You didnt have to remind us how much we suck. I hate u /slap

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Indeed we can hit ranged classes, better than ever before. With the 'Burden of Guilt' talent we can now slow all classes every time we judge for 7ish seconds without having to swap seals. Also, our sustained damage is horrible. HORRIBLE. But our burst is amazing (when its available) and so is our healing.
    Burden of Guilt is 12 seconds. >_> You can slow 2 people at range consistently.

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 10:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    hey, our sustained is better then it was in cata, in cata i felt rets had no sustain, and were all burst
    Absolutely false. We're more reliant on burst than ever before, because you can spike up to 165k at the beginning of Ultraxion (way more than we ever did before 5.0.4) and then watch your DPS plummet to 46k by the end.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-09-23 at 03:51 PM.

It is like Ret in the sense that we are once again a melee healer. During CD Downtime, we heal our partners, using Blessing of Freedom, Purity, or Protection whenever applicable. During CD usage, we burst our asses off as we use Hammer of Justice > CDs > They die.

Also, we've never been so good at ranged. All of our attacks outside Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict are ranged. We have more ranged spells than Melee now. As back in Wrath, we had Judgement, Hammer of Wrath, Exorcism, Crusader Strike and Divine Storm. We have those with the added bonus of whatever talent we pick at 90 as all 3 of them are ranged dps moves. We can also glyph for Word of Glory, which in PvP may end up hitting harder than Templar's Verdict against extremely well geared plate classes and tanks.

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post

---------- Post added 2012-09-23 at 10:51 AM ----------

Absolutely false. We're more reliant on burst than ever before, because you can spike up to 165k at the beginning of Ultraxion (way more than we ever did before 5.0.4) and then watch your DPS plummet to 46k by the end.
    Depends if you're fighting a priest or another Paladin, as if Judgement gets absorbed, no snare gets placed on them.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    AND TEH BUBBLEH HEARTH.
    i just tried the bubble/hearth, and it still does not work. bubble is 8 seconds. hearth is 10 seconds. i totally skipped tbc and wotlk, but i played vanilla. i remember when bubble lasted something crazy like 12 seconds. don't know which expansion it was reduced.

With glyph of righteous retreat the hearth cast is reduced by half while bubbled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraniel View Post
    i just tried the bubble/hearth, and it still does not work. bubble is 8 seconds. hearth is 10 seconds. i totally skipped tbc and wotlk, but i played vanilla. i remember when bubble lasted something crazy like 12 seconds. don't know which expansion it was reduced.
    Did you have the bubble hearth glyph?

bubble hearth needs to be glyphed
    sustained damage sucks, burst is still good
    no root unless im missing something. only slow
    Sacred shield is a talent, but even then id say selfless healer is better.
    Bane

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Also, not in pvp. From what I can tell it is only lasting 8 seconds max on people - no slow last longer than that in pvp?, never seen it last 12. Can still slow 2 people, just not as well. Bring on more haste >.>

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraniel View Post
    lol.. Buddy you need the glyph! -_-!

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    Also, not in pvp. From what I can tell it is only lasting 8 seconds max on people - no slow last longer than that in pvp?, never seen it last 12. Can still slow 2 people, just not as well. Bring on more haste >.>
    oh that sucks. oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    wrath ret judgements hit way harder than we did in cata or present. Or may it has to do with the healthpools we had then as opposed to now.
    secondly we had art of war procs which made instant FoLs which healed really good...atm we need 3 stacks of SH to get such an effect. Also someone mentioned b4 HoF removed stuns which was godlike against rogues....
    Ret is still fun to play but our invinciblity was far greater in wrath than we do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Retavenger View Post

You forgot wrath ret had a wings effect that made you LOL @ Cheat death / dispersion. 50% mitigation ignore
    Divine storm costs holy power
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-09-23 at 08:41 PM.