Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Shouldn't Azshara have helped Deathwing?

1. It was heavily hinted that she might have been saved by the Old Gods when the Sundering happened.

2. She was pretty damned close to everything that was happening under the Maelstrom.

3. Naga live underwater, they shouldn't care less what Deathwing does as cataclysm on the ground.

4. The first expansion with truly underwater questing, Azshara isn't part of it as an important character?

5. Seriously?

A raid for her was going to come out with FL to have a fire/water element thing but they scraped it - stupid blizz

The whole attack in the underwater zone was controlled by Azshara. You just didn't see her.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe she's just buying her time for something bigger and if Deathwing had the power to split lands open and create volcanoes I bet he could do some serious harm with underwater fissures if he'd had succeeded in bringing forth cataclysm2.0. Azshara strikes me more like the kinda girl that wants to rule the world and it's hard to rule over it if someone else destroy it first.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Omgakitty View Post
    A raid for her was going to come out with FL to have a fire/water element thing but they scraped it - stupid blizz
    The raid wasn't going to be about her, or at least no one at Blizzard ever admitted to that. They said it was supposed to be about Neptulon.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgakitty View Post
    No, it was just meant to be a underwater raid, not with Azshara in it.
    Azshara is too big a of lore character, and too powerful to be fit into 1 raid. She deserves a expansion.

Azshara is a powerful character, but no one really knows how powerful. Is she as strong and skilled as the strongest Highborne, or is she infused with the powers of the Old Gods, which might mean she's as strong as Yogg'Saron and C'thun when not at their full powers?

She helped a tiny bit, by causing ruckus in Darkshore to distract Malfurion while Deathwing summoned Rags.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Azshara is a powerful character, but no one really knows how powerful. Is she as strong and skilled as the strongest Highborne, or is she infused with the powers of the Old Gods, which might mean she's as strong as Yogg'Saron and C'thun when not at their full powers?
    "Mannoroth discovered, to his chagrin, that Azshara was far more powerful than he, and that only Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras could've matched her."
    "Azshara is often thought to be the greatest mortal mage ever to live - although she may no longer be mortal."

Is that from Kanaak? Cause I don't take anything he writes seriously.

Is that from Kanaak? Cause I don't take anything he writes seriously.
    wowpedia.org

It doesn't matter if it's from Knaak. If it is or isn't it's still canon.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Azshara is one of those characters I have on my short list of "will be an expansion villain" characters.

In fact, I think she was supposed to be the villain of "MoP." Or rather, the villain of what was going to be 5.0 before the devs switched to MoP.

1. In the original leak of Cata, she was listed as a co-villain with Deathwing.

2. She was given a profile under the "major players" of Cata.

3. In-game she only appears once, using a recycled Vashj model.

4. She's given a big stand up in Well of Eternity.

5. Well of Eternity itself features brand new art styles not like what we've seen in Cataclysm or MoP.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm still hoping that the next expansion will be about Azshara, Nazjatar and the naga undersea, with the expansion thereafter about Sargeras, Kil'Jaeden and the Burning Legion in Argus.

She made a guest appearance in the caverns of time 5man so as not to leave her out completely.

Unfortunately the Abyssal Maw raid was cancelled, but if it really wasn't up to par then I'm glad. Although I'm guessing even though Azshara is the ultimate leader of all the naga & evil sea creatures, Ozumat (the giant octopus) was likely to be the final boss. I'm sure Azshara will actually appear herself in one of these expansions and seek out the destruction of the elves.

I hope we don't actually killl her. I know in game no-one trusts her and everyone hates her, but she'd be a bloody good Ali to have against Sargeras when he comes if she's feeling like a lover scorned.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I hope we don't actually killl her. I know in game no-one trusts her and everyone hates her, but she'd be a bloody good Ali to have against Sargeras when he comes if she's feeling like a lover scorned.
    No, she needs to die. She is no ally to us. All Naga attacks are caused by her.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    No, she needs to die. She is no ally to us. All Naga attacks are caused by her.
    not to mention the War of the Ancients and the Sundering were *her* doing, and not the doings of the Night Elf race.

She should be equally powerful than Archimonde and Kil'jaeden by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She should be equally powerful than Archimonde and Kil'jaeden by now.
    Maybe a few hair short of the Dark Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    She did help Deathwing. She tried to keep Superman Malfurion away from Hyjal so that Ragnaros could piss it up unopposed, and was behind Vashj'ir too. Both Azshara and Deathwing are/were servants of the old gods, and thus somewhat playing for the same side.

I like to think she saw how colossally stupid Deathwing had become though, and left him to his demise without sharing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Maybe a few hair short of the Dark Titan.
    That I really doubt. Sargeras is as far as we know the most powerful being in the wow universe, the old gods my have empowered her, but if she would be nearly as strong as Sargeras the world would be doomed, though she controls all of Azeroth oceans right now, since she took over Neptulons realm.