Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    5 mans are for gearing main and off spec's, if you can roll need then it's meant for you, this has been blizzard's position from the start, much better to have a dps rolling on tank or heal gear than having them try to tank or heal for you under geared....sucks at times but makes most sense

Quote Originally Posted by adelerollsinthedeep View Post
    reasons to let players roll need on offspec:

1. your healer won't be in AH greens with a strength trinket

2. your tank won't be in crafted pvp gear

3. the paladin who queued as dps won't be holy spec in holy gear doing 10k dps so he can gear up for ret

4. a significant portion of mainspec dps players will heal or tank for faster queues, shortening the queue time for everyone

reasons to not let players roll need on offspec:

1. ITS MY GEAR AND I WANT IT NOW

--

honestly the reason blizzard "doesn't care" is because letting people gear up offspecs while playing their geared main spec actually makes the random dungeon finder a better place for everyone except the 1 person whining about how he lost a loot roll
    I can understand this and normally i`m could not agree more, but when the Strength DPS trinket dropped from heroic Brewery yesterday and a Monk gets it and the fucker does not even use strength it its going to start taking a piss.
    And believe me that was not the first time.

so my rule is now if you can need i need.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry to tell u this op but that is not being a ninja, but i can give u an example of something that happened to me today that i feel was a ninja. I was questing in kun-lai and i spot a rare, but it has 9 other creatures around it so i start clearing them i notice someone stop by on there flying mount, just hovering there. So I whisper them and ask if they want in, as i have cleared 6 of the creatures so far but no answer, so I proceed to pull another, all the while they are still hovering.

I killed it, then pulled the last 2, I was close enough to the rare that i couldve tagged it, but not to close to aggro it. This guy has been hovering now for about 6 or 7 min. So I'm fighting the last 2. 1 under 50k health the other about half dead. And then boom this guy dismounts, drops right on the rare, and tags it. I whisper him, I said are you going to invite, I just spent almost 10 min clearin out the trash, while you watched me? No answer. So I'm just standing there now, dumfounded, as I watch it's health hit the 3 quarter mark.

And then I notice there are 2 of them, They was on a vial of the sands, so I didnt see them both right away. Then they get him to half health and one yells out, " Aww the druid just wants a hug, Ahahahaha lol" word for word. Then they proceed to kill it mount up and fly away, all the while laughing at me. Now that is a ninja in my book.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    This is ninjaing, since main spec comes before off spec, if i see that dps needs on dps gear while i am tanking, i am not needing on it, and if i am dps and i see tanks need on tanking gear, i do not need on it, because they have the priority for it.

This were the rules since dual spec was introduced.
    Only for some players. Not all.

EJL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    Now that is a ninja in my book.
    But not in anyone elses book.

Deleted
    Happens to me all the time, warrior/dk needing on my agil rings/necklace. Ofcourse, they leave the group instantly after needing.

Deleted
    Unless it had hit on it, it may have been a valid item for increasing healer throughput.

Otherwise, the dude was in the wrong but no need to rage - hcs are easypeasy and doing dailies gives epics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    But not in anyone elses book.
    You must be a young child or not have any respect or morals?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratcliff View Post
    I raged pretty hard and told the group that I was rolling need on everything I could.
    So wait, you met a retarded and you started to act the same way as this bad person? So technically you are no better then this person.

Deleted
    i had the same problem yesterday, i was doing Cored Direbrew for Coren's Cold Chromium Coaster and a priest somehow needed in and won it.

Deleted
    You must be a young child or not have any respect or morals?
    Morals have nothing to do with you using a word incorrectly. You might as well say what they were doing was potato farming in your book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Morals have nothing to do with you using a word incorrectly. You might as well say what they were doing was potato farming in your book.
    obviously you are also a ninja so this kind of behavior is ok with you

sorry to tell u this op but that is not being a ninja, but i can give u an example of something that happened to me today that i feel was a ninja. I was questing in kun-lai and i spot a rare, but it has 9 other creatures around it so i start clearing them i notice someone stop by on there flying mount, just hovering there. So I whisper them and ask if they want in, as i have cleared 6 of the creatures so far but no answer, so I proceed to pull another, all the while they are still hovering.

I killed it, then pulled the last 2, I was close enough to the rare that i couldve tagged it, but not to close to aggro it. This guy has been hovering now for about 6 or 7 min. So I'm fighting the last 2. 1 under 50k health the other about half dead. And then boom this guy dismounts, drops right on the rare, and tags it. I whisper him, I said are you going to invite, I just spent almost 10 min clearin out the trash, while you watched me? No answer. So I'm just standing there now, dumfounded, as I watch it's health hit the 3 quarter mark.

And then I notice there are 2 of them, They was on a vial of the sands, so I didnt see them both right away. Then they get him to half health and one yells out, " Aww the druid just wants a hug, Ahahahaha lol" word for word. Then they proceed to kill it mount up and fly away, all the while laughing at me. Now that is a ninja in my book.
    Thats not being a ninja thats just being plain Assholes.
    but yeah i can feel your pain when something like that happens. and the sad part is they can do whatever they want and get away with it. as long as they dont break any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    5 mans are for gearing main and off spec's, if you can roll need then it's meant for you, this has been blizzard's position from the start, much better to have a dps rolling on tank or heal gear than having them try to tank or heal for you under geared....sucks at times but makes most sense
    I do think there is something wrong with their system at the moment. I've been running heroics all day and as a rogue, I was able to "need" mail gear with agility on it. There is no way I should be able to need mail gear, yet for some reason I'm currently able to. Anyone else been having this happen?

To me this is an easy fix. Change the roll system to MS/OS/Greed/DE. If its not your spec you are locked out and can roll OS for it and so on. People using the whole "I need my OS gear" is a cop out and cheap at best. Either that or do like they did with the lfr give the ms person a bonus to each roll. If a tank trinket drops and the douche dps wants to roll on it fine but the tank gets a +40 to his roll.

This behavior is a direct result of an anonymous atmosphere and that's bad.

Deleted
    I don't bother pugging 5 mans anymore unless I'm running with 2 guildies I just won't do it. My reasons are much the same as the op mages needing on plate tank gear etc and rude groups like the one I had the other day. I loaded into SM and before the load screen had finished I could hear combat noise, sure enough the ret pally had started to pull 3 packs of the undead. I said please let me pick them up, "uh your so slow man l2p" I informed him I hadn't even loaded in and that he had started pulling he said "no i got agro with 3 auto attacks" I said no you pulled three packs and then bubbled and the healer got insta agro. I zoned out and though I'm not going in until we've vote kicked this idiot. Then the healer starts shouting abuse at me and I realise 3 of them are from the same guild.

I left that group and I've never tanked a pug since (this was just the last in list of runs like this). My advice to the op is forget pugging LFG it's full of selfish idiots and as you have discovered if your gearing up it's hard with the current roll system.
    Last edited by mmoc27998aed0b; 2012-10-11 at 08:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't go into 5 mans expecting to get shit. If I do, up top to me, but otherwise it is what it is. People shouldn't have to have this mentality going in, they should tweak the system, but for now this is the way the world.. of warcraft works.

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    Well think about it this way, if you level your Paladin as protection 85-90 you're only gonna have prot gear on 90. How are you ever going to reroll if you don't have any gear to play as healer/Retri and can't need on holy/retri gear as the specc you're currently playing. Sure I do hate ninjas to, I rage hard when they take my shit. But I do understand why a healer/tank can roll for a tank/healer item.
    Uhmmm, you ask the other people if they need it for their mainspec first? It's really hard to be a decent human being I guess. Fortunately I have only had people asking properly before needing on everything.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 08:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Liliannan View Post
    I do think there is something wrong with their system at the moment. I've been running heroics all day and as a rogue, I was able to "need" mail gear with agility on it. There is no way I should be able to need mail gear, yet for some reason I'm currently able to. Anyone else been having this happen?
    I could need on plate as a cloth user...

Deleted
    Ive had multiple dungeon runs where the roll screen didnt even pop, the first time i did coren with my girlfriend she looted the spelltrinket when she clicked his body,

No rolls included.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    If you're in a 5-man, and it's an upgrade for either of your specs, need on it. That's simply the way 5-mans are now. Hesitate and lose, simple as that. Being nice is for guild groups, not LFD. In LFD, you need on upgrades, no ifs, ands, or buts.
    This guy gets it. It's LFD: roll need on everything that is an upgrade to you for either or your specs. That's the whole point of running the dungeon: points and gear. Really don't get that people have the notion that the rule MS > OS applies to LFD.

However, being able to roll on armor of a type not related to your class is just a bug, that should not happen. I personally wouldn't roll need on leather or mail as a plate wearer just because I can.

Also, there can be no ninja'ing bar bugs in LFD, you can roll on anything you want as long as you can use it.
    Last edited by Zuvio; 2012-10-11 at 08:47 AM.